• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which is more likely: an INFP who enjoys strategy or an INTP who values feelings?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This. INTPs tend not to exactly enjoy strategy (they prefer idle analysis and speculation),

Lol, what??

I was playing strategy games when I was eight and preferred them to mindless by-rote games. And it's pretty common with other INTPs I know as well.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was playing strategy games when I was eight and preferred them to mindless by-rote games. And it's pretty common with other INTPs I know as well.
Key word here is games. INTPs tend not to be inclined to real-life strategizing -- playing Xanatos speed chess as opposed to actual chess is an INTJ specialty. ;)

Dying Acedia

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My forum is down atm, so I thought I'd pop back here.

my infp friend has always been a huge sherlock holmes fan and i have learned to value feelings. but feeling for T is quite different than feeling for F. for feelers the feelings side is pretty constant, but for me logical thinking side is constant. im kind of like trying to figure out what my Ne tells me using logic all the time and thats how i understand whats going on behind the scenes and around me.

Does either have to be constant? I can't really say that one or the other always runs for me.

Key word here is games. INTPs tend not to be inclined to real-life strategizing -- playing Xanatos speed chess as opposed to actual chess is an INTJ specialty. ;)

Well, that changes things. I was thinking purely of games when I said that.

Regardless, I've decided that neither by itself describes me well enough, so I'm joining the INXP group and butchering the details of the theory.

La la la la la...

Dying Acedia

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks. I've taken this before a while back.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.8)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.9)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or INTP

Figures.

ETA: well actually, I played around a bit so I could see the description for Ti, and Fi fits better. I didn't notice that part earlier. No need to ask further, I'm pretty sure I'm INFP now.