• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So am I an ENFP?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well there's no denying that I'm an ENP. But I'm not positive on the 4th letter.

I always test as a very strong T.... I don't think there's been a single time I've gotten less than 80% T. It's true, I prefer to judge things objectively (which pisses people off when they want me to automatically side with them just because we're friends). And I'm more task-oriented than people-oriented (though I'm still an E). I'm really not the romantic sort at all, nor do I really care to "nurture" others. If someone asks me for an opinion, I don't mince words...I'm blunt, because to me, they're asking me for a truth, not for a canned compliment.

However, when I read the descriptions of Ts versus Fs, that's where I ponder/wonder. Ts are described as 'steam-rolling' and persistent about their own ideas/strategies/opinions.

When I'm discussing something with others, I always join in and offer my stance, backed by my reasoning, etc. I do have a bad habit of automatically playing the :devil:'s advocate - partially to test out the strength of the other person's reasoning, but also because I think it's fun. Though the homo sapiens hate it. :D

BUT, if it's necessary to get along with the group (that is, they're colleagues at work, or maybe just a professor who determines the fate of my GPA etc), I shut up as soon as I notice that the others grow weary of the argument/debate. Or if they start to go all emo soap opera on me (politics!)... I know that if I keep pushing, it'll get ugly, and I don't need drama when I can just walk away. In both cases, if I kept arguing, I'd just set myself up to be portrayed in a negative light, which can hinder work/school networking success.

It is in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait. In fact, it's such a strong factor in the T/F divide, I think it outweighs most of my "T" traits.

Plus, I use emoticons. :newwink: I like 'em, they help make text communication easier. Seems more face-to-face and active.

NOTE: I'm female...in case the whole F is for Female, T is for Tarzan issue is relevant here...

Liesl

You sound ENTP to me. :)

Mondo also has a lot of Fe for an ENTP. But anyway, I don't care about 'group harmony.' For me, Fi usually manifests itself as insisting on expressing and living by my values at the expense of group harmony.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound ENTP to me. :)

Mondo also has a lot of Fe for an ENTP. But anyway, I don't care about 'group harmony.' For me, Fi usually manifests itself as insisting on expressing and living by my values at the expense of group harmony.

^ Now that's just crazy talk. Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

^ Now that's just crazy talk. Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.

Yep. Mine are extremely basic.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my first thought was exactly what Liesl said -- the Fe point. if it's been useful in your life, you probably just have developed strong Fe. i have really strong Te, and i attribute that to growing up having to explain myself to my INTP dad, lol. you really seem ENTP, the way you've talked about things.

BUT, if it's necessary to get along with the group (that is, they're colleagues at work, or maybe just a professor who determines the fate of my GPA etc), I shut up as soon as I notice that the others grow weary of the argument/debate. Or if they start to go all emo soap opera on me (politics!)... I know that if I keep pushing, it'll get ugly, and I don't need drama when I can just walk away. In both cases, if I kept arguing, I'd just set myself up to be portrayed in a negative light, which can hinder work/school networking success.

basically it sounds like you're considering people on the grounds of logic, which suggests you use Fe to serve Ti: NTP. if you're an ENFP, it's kind of backwards... your reasoning for how you behave is based on your ideals and others' feelings, but you can use logic to break it down and explain it - Te serving Fi.

Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil.

you're an ENTP. :laugh:

Chloe

i thought you're a male, so i am kinda disappointed.. your nick was promising :(

and yeah definately ENTP. But you know yourself best.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
100% guaranteed ENTP.

You write excessively long posts that annoy the shit out of me: Ti.

Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.

This is Fe (particularly tertiary Fe).

It's also why I can't stand it...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Z has a thing against Ti.

You write excessively long posts that annoy the shit out of me: Ti.

Even though the above sentiment/statement is the way he feels, I wouldn't take it too personally.

Like I said, it is evident that he has something against Ti.

That's his problem not yours(pl.)

:yes:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Only when it's used annoyingly.

Same as any other function...

Ti is impressive when used well.

Same as any other function...

that. is. so. fascinating.

i'm sure it answers all the OPs questions.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
A lot of what you perceive as your possible "Fness" could probably be explained by the social first enneagram instinct [when you tend to pump the brakes when discussion begins to get disagreeable] and your idea that Ts tend to steamroll with their own ideas and beliefs, which isn't necessarily the case. The second misconception can perhaps be explained by the ENTP interaction style, which isn't "steamrollish" as much as it is just being generally excitable and trying to manufacture interest, which is also the same as an ENFP's.

So, ENTP.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However, when I read the descriptions of Ts versus Fs, that's where I ponder/wonder. Ts are described as 'steam-rolling' and persistent about their own ideas/strategies/opinions.

It is in my best interest to not cause a stir in the wrong circles. Group harmony... I understand that this is a chief F trait. In fact, it's such a strong factor in the T/F divide, I think it outweighs most of my "T" traits.

NOTE: I'm female...in case the whole F is for Female, T is for Tarzan issue is relevant here...
It is relevant. As a female, you are subject to greater social pressure to cooperate. This is why even strong T females usually end up slightly more balanced/well-adjusted than strong T males.

What you are describing is Fe though, not Fi. You read like an ENTP who knows how to work Fe.
Other humans can influence your success, so I always saw group harmony as a necessary evil. I don't even know what my values are... not something I ever thought about. Just hasn't been a priority.
Definitely Fe, not Fi.

Ergo, ENTP.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, so to everyone who said I "totally sound ENTP", why wouldn't I come off as an ENFP? How do they generally come off on the forum? I know I've got an Ne-excess, but that's just as applicable to ENFPs. I thought that ENFPs would be more likely to go off on long tangents. And I remember, I mean just judging by my forum "behavior".

Also, if I sound that strongly Ti, should I consider INTP? Or are you discussing my use of that function to highlight its supposed dominance over my Fi use?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
um...you weren't listening girlie! they said..you gots the fe!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can't be ENFP without Fi.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you gots the fe!

I blame my mother. She was an ESFJ who wished I was too. :smile:

Also another thing I suspect may resemble Fi - I know it sounds vain, but if I don't look good, I don't really like to be seen. Last week I got hives from accidentally eating corn in a soup, and it lasted for a few days. I still had to go to school and work, but I was abnormally reclusive and paranoid that people were looking at me. I wasn't my usual chatty self. Since my temporary introvertedness was influenced by my embarrassment (which is a feeling) rather than anything actually logical (studying for finals, etc), that suggests that I may be influenced by "how I feel inside".

Feel + Inside = fi.