• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So am I an ENFP?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ My ENTP boyfriend does this often. :mellow:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I briefly considered ENTJ, but that's a whole other can of worms.

1. That'd mean I have secondary Ni, and I'm not sure what that function's all about, much less when it's specifically in the 2ndary position. And I think I direct my mania outward. Unfortunately for you.

2. Being a J is impossible with my horrid messiness and punctuality issues. Sure, I do like closure, plans and penned-in schedules, but look inside my book bag, and GAH!! Receipts everywhere! Pens astray! Mints all over the place because the packet spilled inside, checks stubs carelessly stashed... it's absolutely disgusting. Though I always find what I need. I just never open the thing if anyone could see inside. :ninja:

3. I'm really not that verbally articulate, which is why I suspected that I was an F. If I have to break down and explain a complex question I have about something, or if I have to explain a detailed/involved situation to somebody, I always verbally leave out gaps or explain things in ways that require the listener to request clarification. It makes sense in my head, and to the other person after a few clarifications, but not when I try to shoot out my thoughts immediately. Both ENTPs and ENTJs are known their verbal fluency and eloquence.

4. It would mean that I'm ESTJ's fraternal twin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AH, no. Here's a keg of Tylenol for anyone who suggested ENTJ. :cheers:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
3. I'm really not that verbally articulate, which is why I suspected that I was an F. If I have to break down and explain a complex question I have about something, or if I have to explain a detailed/involved situation to somebody, I always verbally leave out gaps or explain things in ways that require the listener to request clarification. It makes sense in my head, and to the other person after a few clarifications, but not when I try to shoot out my thoughts immediately. Both ENTPs and ENTJs are known their verbal fluency and eloquence.

They're called Ne jumps.

You guys are bad at focusing.

G

Glycerine

So the verdict is... everyone that has responded has said ENTX and only the OP thinks ENFP. :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Many Ne doms are mature and self-aware enough to admit this.

The others just roll their eyes.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

people, regardless of type, who know what they're talking about, are right.

the other one is you.

G

Glycerine

A little derail: so does that mean that you think that Ni is better at not jumping from idea to idea and clarifying? Just out of curiosity.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
A little derail: so does that mean that you think that Ni is better at not jumping from idea to idea and clarifying?

This topic has been ridiculously well covered in other threads, but a great image to think of the difference between Ne and Ni (and probably even Se and Si) is that of a sphere.

Ni is like the inner surface area of that sphere, focusing in on the central focal point.

Ne is like that central focal point, looking out all over the place at the inner surface area of the sphere.

As such, Ni is good at focusing; Ne is good at connecting disparate parts.

The con for each is that Ni will tend to focus on its point in the "selfish" manner of an introverted function, while Ne will jump from one topic to the next without necessarily coming to any resolution on any one of them (and possibly not seeing the thing as a whole).

Hence, Ni people are often accused of tunnel-vision, while Ne people are accused of not being able to focus.

Both accusations are true to some extent, varying by degree from individual to individual.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So the verdict is... everyone that has responded has said ENTX and only the OP thinks ENFP. :D

No. :doh: Listen.

I'd already admitted that I'm probably a T indeed. I said that my lack of eloquence was one of the reasons I thought I was an F. Past tense!

And in response to the "lack of focus" comment, unfortunately that's true for me. I can focus intensely on something, but once I get even slightly bored, I get distracted and leave Original Something behind.

I don't even think I'd normally have the attention span to follow my own thread right now if I wasn't stuck home sick from the flu. I'd be out doing stuff. Sick of being sick during the weekend. :-/

G

Glycerine

Haha. Didn't mean it that way.

Sorry, I lack Fe. :)

It's all good. :)
No. :doh: Listen.

I'd already admitted that I'm probably a T indeed. I said that my lack of eloquence was one of the reasons I thought I was an F.

And in response to the "lack of focus" comment, unfortunately that's true for me. I can focus intensely on something, but once I get even slightly bored, I get distracted and leave Original Something behind.

I don't even think I'd normally have the attention span to follow my own thread right now if I wasn't stuck home sick from the flu.

LOL, I just thought that you thought you were F because you voted yourself as an ENFP (it was probably a joke, then?).

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's all good. :)

LOL, I just thought that you thought you were F because you voted yourself as an ENFP (it was probably a joke, then?).

No, I was trying to discourage the "sheep" mentality from any future voters. If everyone sees that the vote is 100% T, they're going to automatically pick that without thinking about it carefully.

Though I think it backfired since I stupidly set it to see who voted what. :steam:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
No, I was trying to discourage the "sheep" mentality from any future voters. If everyone sees that the vote is 100% T, they're going to automatically pick that without thinking about it carefully.

Though I think it backfired since I stupidly set it to see who voted what. :steam:

And everyone voted for T anyway, cuz without a doubt you're a T.

:wink:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
FYI, my two cents on this whole thing:

You seem to have had a recent experience that very acutely affected your F function.

This has made you question whether you're actually an F.

This is based on a poor understanding of MBTI, as Ts do indeed have feelings to.

What you felt was your tertiary Fe, which, at your age, should be budding nicely right about now.

That is all... Realize: Ts have F too; it just comes after T.