• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Apparently I'm an ENTP

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
On almost all my tests I took I received a ENTP conclusion. However, I have taken two which contradict this. One said I was an ISTP and another an ESTP.

Whats up with that, and how do I know what I truly am!?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I already told you. You're a flaming EJYD. Stop asking.

And I'll also tell you this. I'm making it my personal mission to reply first to all of your threads. So far, I'm 3/3.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
You guys are slow :/

Would it help if I talked a bit about myself and then some of you can come up with your own conclusion towards what personality trait I drift towards?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stop taking type tests seriously. The best they can do is point you in the right direction for you to start reading and discover for yourself through personal study which type you are.

Your type is determined by your psychological makeup, not by your answers to a 20-minute internet questionnaire. The test gives you a rough guess at which type might fit you best, not an objectively verifiable/scientifically valid conclusion.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Good point.

I think a combination of self realization and asking personal friends and family what they believe me to be would be the most accurate way to find out what I am but the input of you forum members would also be fun, even if inaccurate.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
As someone with preferences bordering INTP/ENTP I can tell you - you are who you are and while you may have preferences that predispose you to MBTI type ENTP, and associated function orders, YOU are not ENTP

You as an individual are far more complex than the broad brush of Type can paint you :D

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
Does this mean that I cannot be associated with a type?

I hardly believe that to be true, when I look at all the famous people associated with certain types I know that some of them are more complex than I. Therefore, if they can be associated with a type so can I.

Green Crack

MBTI Type
ENTP
You never once mentioned what YOU thought you were. Did you even read the descriptions for the types you tested as? Your lack of an opinion makes me doubt you are an ENTP.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funny. Seeing as how this is my first week learning about these types I think I know a decent amount. You may be more simple of a person than I so it may be easier to put a label on you.

I also don't take one source as truth. I like to get as many sources as possible...I could be like everyone else and believe whatever the tests concludes but I want to make sure.
I could put a label on you. A four letter one, if you like.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I could be like everyone else and believe whatever the tests concludes but I want to make sure.

1. What the test concludes is your the result of what you put into it. It doesn't give you any definite conclusion of how you behave– if you begin reading into a type and relating to it, one of two more common things may be happening: you're actually identifying with a type or you're taking admirable traits from the type and trying to find examples in your life of how they apply to you. Type has less to do with how you act, rather why you act that certain way.

2. I doubt you're ENTP, simply by how you word your posts.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, you sound more like an ISTP. Just by the way you type. (No pun intended. I fucking swear.)