• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type a friend?

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, so I have this friend. Well, she's not a friend as such - she' in my class but I don't really know her very well.
First I'd like to say I know practically nothing about MBTI or typology (though I'd like to) - I just rely on the descriptions of various types on the internet. So please be patient!

She is:
1. Creative. Very. She's defiantly not a fine artist but instead is into things that she can do with her hands eg sewing or making things out of clay. She sews bits of colored cloth and buttons onto the bottoms of her jeans, and she makes bags and things from bits of material.
But she's also very neat in everything she does.

2. Shy. She's nice and replies to anyone who talks to her but she is really quite private. I know shyness and introversion are different but I'm already sure she's and introvert and I'm jut mentioning this in case it helps. Sometimes if she enters a room she tugs nervously at the bottom of her jumper, and her voice is quiet in comparison to the raucous shrieks of my other fellow classmates. She usually just gets on with whatever she' doing and while she has more friends than I have she is never at the center of a group.

3. So nice! To everyone; if one of her friends it upset she always tries to help - even if it's only in the form of asking "Are you okay?" when no-one else did. Like an ISFP friend I have; I have never heard her say anything nasty about anyone. As I'm the only INFP person I know, I never say anything critical about someone but I certainly think critically about them =( But then who knows what's going on inside her head?
She's really sensitive, though, too. She never complains about things but I think she takes things deeply because, like I do, she suddenly starts crying over practically nothing. Only; I do it in private.

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
She is very like my other ISFP friend too but there are certain things that make me think maybe not. I don't actually know what they are, however.
I'm just asking other people's opinions because they know more about it than me.

She's defiantly either INFP, ISFP or INFJ =/

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why don't you think she is ISFJ? (I don't think she's ISFJ more than I think she's INFP or INFJ or ISFP, I was just wondering about your exclusion.)

[offtopic]I love DN Angel. I can't wait until the new chapters of the manga are translated finally![/offtopic]

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... ISFj? (The neatness leans me towards J, but there's a chance she could be P.)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, so I have this friend. Well, she's not a friend as such - she' in my class but I don't really know her very well.
First I'd like to say I know practically nothing about MBTI or typology (though I'd like to) - I just rely on the descriptions of various types on the internet. So please be patient!

She is:
1. Creative. Very. She's defiantly not a fine artist but instead is into things that she can do with her hands eg sewing or making things out of clay. She sews bits of colored cloth and buttons onto the bottoms of her jeans, and she makes bags and things from bits of material.
But she's also very neat in everything she does.

2. Shy. She's nice and replies to anyone who talks to her but she is really quite private. I know shyness and introversion are different but I'm already sure she's and introvert and I'm jut mentioning this in case it helps. Sometimes if she enters a room she tugs nervously at the bottom of her jumper, and her voice is quiet in comparison to the raucous shrieks of my other fellow classmates. She usually just gets on with whatever she' doing and while she has more friends than I have she is never at the center of a group.

3. So nice! To everyone; if one of her friends it upset she always tries to help - even if it's only in the form of asking "Are you okay?" when no-one else did. Like an ISFP friend I have; I have never heard her say anything nasty about anyone. As I'm the only INFP person I know, I never say anything critical about someone but I certainly think critically about them =( But then who knows what's going on inside her head?
She's really sensitive, though, too. She never complains about things but I think she takes things deeply because, like I do, she suddenly starts crying over practically nothing. Only; I do it in private.
Try ISFJ or ISFP.
Read the profiles and see which fits better.
I think everyone is agreed she's probably ISFx.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try ISFJ or ISFP.
Read the profiles and see which fits better.
I think everyone is agreed she's probably ISFx.

I agree, I have seen ISFJ and ISFP women who are a good fit for this description (compared to other types).

alicia91

Rings a bell with me, and I highly suspect that I'm ISFP. I'm not THAT sensitive however but that could be because I'm close to center on most of the functions. I'm also not neat in 'everything' I do - I'm just picky about my environment and my appearance.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Rings a bell with me, and I highly suspect that I'm ISFP. I'm not THAT sensitive however but that could be because I'm close to center on most of the functions. I'm also not neat in 'everything' I do - I'm just picky about my environment and my appearance.
Do you think it's more important to make decisions based on logical standards? Or do you believe it's more important for decisions to be made by considering the circumstances of the people the decision is going to effect?

alicia91

The people of course - but that's what's logical to me! ;) I also tend to base a lot of decisions on my personal values, like I'm trying to avoid Chinese made goods in both my personal life and business even though they may be cheaper, won't work for a company if I don't agree with their ethics etc. But I still think I have a lot of T in me, I'm not touchy-feely and can easily 'stand-back' and kind of detach myself, so I think I come across as a bit colder than most F's. But hey, I'm only 53% F and 58% P last time I did a test, so I'm a bit of a hybrid.
Oops............sorry...this thread isn't about me!

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
The main reason I'm deliberating over what to type her as is that I know if I were an observer trying to type myself I would be miles off the mark; I don't exactly portray the "real me" in public.
The observer would probably get I, F and P and with my friend I am pretty much sure of I and F - but nothing else, particularly S/N
=/

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
O.O I showed her the description of an INFP and an ISFP and asked her which she was more similar to... she seemed really interested in it actually, and she said she felt she was more INFP but that she will take the test over the weekend.
It would be great if there was another INFP but my other ISFP friend is amazing so it would be great if there was another ISFP, too.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
The fact that she's an artist, but one that prefers to use her hands and be practical (i.e. crafty moreso than artsy) seems to indicate S over N, but like you said, what you observe is almost certainly not all of her.

But on the other side, an interest in the theory may hint at N...

BUT. My ISFP mother also found the MBTI theory quite interesting, and discusses it with me quite readily, but at the same time doesn't seem to have much inclination to research it and further her own knowledge independent of my influence.

I'd suggest waiting and seeing how far she takes it: if she's interested in pursuing the theory beyond simply working out what type she is, then that might indicate N. But if not, then that doesn't help you much!

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
On the mypersonality.info test she scored as ISFP. ^^ But mypersonality isn't God and I reckon she's borderline. I asked if she wanted to join INFP.gc

EDIT:
I don't mean borderline as in the disorder ^^
I mean between INFP and ISFP. Lol.

I don't know why I was so curious about her type, probably just because I'm fascinated with ISFPs and because if she was INFP then that would be wonderful too because I wouldn't be alone.

Last edited:

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you think she's borderline?