• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type these...AIM users?

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm just generally interested in what you would type these kids as. They are my Internet friends and Zantetsu copied and pasted the conversation to me. They aren't biologist, nor air craft pilots, and they are young people. I want you to focus on how they are arguing and then get a general impression of their type.

Zantetsu
hey, what's up?

4got10 not much you?

Zantetsu
Same, just listening to music. It's august. I'm seriously going to college in a few weeks

4got10
(that's so serial

cereal*
Zantetsu

:p
4got10 ): does this mean we won't be chatting as much?

Zantetsu
Once I hit college, yes.

Classes and such

4got10
that sucks but it will be for the better

): hopefully you'll meet a cute girl or 5

Zantetsu ): I already know one :p

I just recently found out she was going to ---
(Personal info)
(Change of conversation to the subject of 4got10's friend)
4got10
he is my friend but we don't have interesting conversations like we used to

it's usually he rants or gives me an update

Zantetsu
lol, well, it happens.
Sometimes relationships are like that
especially between two people who don't think similarly.
I mean, I <3 my friend and we are slightly similar but...god
His sense of humor, interest, and everything are completely different

4got10
my ISTP (tho i think he is an ESTP/ESFP maybe even an ENFP) is like that too

in fact i don't know why he is friends with me

but he considers me one of his best friends

4got10
never takes my advice yet always ask me for my opinion
gets quite emotional on some topics
people are just attracted to me, must be my sexiness

"i am bringing sexy back"

Zantetsu
lol.

Justin Timberlake didn't, I don't see why you can't

Zantetsu
At the end of the day, a friendship is about showing you care

): Not about being interested in like minded things

4got10
then i guess i have a lot of friends then

Zantetsu

That's kind of the issue with the internet generation.
We don't have to become friends with individuals who share a radical different perspective than us if we want too

Back in the day, you HAD to

Now a days, I like MBTI, you like MBTI? We can be friends.

You hate MBTI? Why would i meet you then?

4got10
i am from Isreal and you're from Afaghani

i kid i kid
(Conversation break. Change of topic)

Zantetsu
My friend just posted "i wonder what would happen if u try to fly a plane straight up towards the sky trying to go out to space?"

4got10
you would freeze to death

Zantetsu
You'd stall way before that

4got10
either way you die?

Zantetsu
Assuming the pilot wasn't idiotic, you wouldn't die from a stall.
I suppose it's possible to pass out if you're high enough but, like I said, you'd likely stall

4got10
how are you feeling?

Zantetsu
About?

4got10
yourself

Zantetsu
In what sense?

4got10

(Personal information blah blah blah)
(2:15:28 PM): y'know?
4got10
yes

Zantetsu
I think I need to connect with someone in real life, pretty much.
To at least know what it feels like

4got10

you mean a female?

Zantetsu
Doesn't particularly matter, I suppose, but most likely

4got10
it will be hard
i haven't found too many of those

(Personal information)

Zantetsu
lol
Well
Idunno
We feel different roles depending on who we're with

4got10
indeed

4got10
so.........what's happening bro

Zantetsu
Having an argument over suicide

4got10 which side are you on?

Zantetsu
Condemning the action is wrong
It's not usually the answer, but condemning the action is wrong
and will start the cycle that'll cause it
It might be selfish, but what do humans do that isn't intrinsically selfish?
And, at the end of the day, it takes a certain strength to think that the pain in this world will be less more than the next world
It's a suspension of belief, a black/white logic loop

4got10
it depends on your view
i think it's right

4got10
there are too many humans on this earth, if one die it might actually do some good

Zantetsu
Hmm.
My friend did a math problem based on this.
The planet can actually support the amount of humans we have on the planet now.
It's just that most resources are contained, detained, and given out based on governments and political power

4got10
food, oil, and money

Zantetsu
We have tons of food. We throw it away. And we don't consider other options such as insects and such which are, by far, a better source of protein and food while requiring less resources

4got10

by food i meant animals
the truth is the earth is better off without us

Zantetsu
Oil: Depends on what you mean by that. Oil is restricted and made expensive so that it'll sell and make millions. They are other resources avilable.

Zantetsu
Money is just a abstract representation of resources

4got10
(money is just debt

4got10
( what all this has to do with my view, well if less people there is more resources. Less waste, now i am aware of alternative means however we create far more waste.

Zantetsu
"By food I mean animals" = What does that mean?
Money == Debt eh...I understand this point of view but I don't "feel" right about it.

Less people = More resources; historically speaking that's not true. No people = no manipulation of current resources. Waste is a product of living, animals produce waste as well. Animals (and humans) have quite the way of adapting to this. Alternative means doesn't necessarily create more waste. From a scientific perspective, you can't create more matter so, as such, we aren't really creating anything (Yes, this isn't a point. I'm just being an asshole ;p)

4got10
you shouldn't look at the past for this. Because of our technology and ............ i guess the word is we are more civilize now we won't have to worry about such things.
We are the reason why almost all the animals on this planet are extinct
lol i am such an Idealist

Zantetsu
Even with limited technology we managed to secure resources and kill individuals who would dare to take our valuables. Political maneuvering is the same thing as securing off lands with armies.

Zantetsu
And saying that we are the reason all animals on this planet are extinct is superbly human ego centric for a few reasons a) We've had extinction events various times throughout the life of the planet B) We can't tell how genetically diverse the planet is because we don't know what most of the species on the planet actually are. All the large and easy to find animals have been found, not the smaller ones. 3) Genetic diversity is usually viewed in the light that things MUST NOT change. That's practically antithetical to genetic diversity. D) Animals will evolve to defend itself against anything human society does to the planet. That's simply evolution.

4got10
A) Why even bring this point up, we didn't need to say this B)Bacteria and mirco organism are the biggest species on this planet C) things must not be change yet we are changing them D) Animals don't evolve fast enough to escape extinction

Zantetsu
A) Because of extinction events, we can't tell how diverse the planet was before hand. It's important. The only information we have is from relatively recent times in the earths existence. B) Your point being? I should be more precise in saying that is what I meant. I used species as a catch all C) People typically see that "Black stried tigers are dying" and assume that A)humans changed that and B) Humans must fix it so that it remains the same. Some animals MUST go extinct. It's the way of the world. Trying to preserve what we have now only limits biodiversity. D) The planet's ecosystem doesn't chang drastically enough all over the world for planet wide exticntion to be a issue for all animals. Part of life as a animal is luck, though. Some animals just aren't born capable.

Some things I noticed. I think I notice some Ti/Te conflict. I also notice that 4got10 states his points but doesn't explain them, he puts the pressure on the reader to understand what he is saying (which makes a little sense, 4g0t10 and Zantetsu are friends) They do know a little about MBTI, hence why 4got10 dropped the "I'm such a idealist" line.

What do you think?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah 4 seems Te and Z seems very Ti. That's all I can really say. This isn't much info.

It's too bad you cut out the personal information, unless it was extremely revealing, because it could have given us more info. You could have just changed their names.

So I'm thinking *you* are probably a thinker.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah 4 seems Te and Z seems very Ti. That's all I can really say. This isn't much info.

It's too bad you cut out the personal information, unless it was extremely revealing, because it could have given us more info. You could have just changed their names.

Reviewing the personal information it's not all that personal actually but, with that being said, it's also pretty useless in the terms of this thread. Basically, the personal information is Z reflecting on something in his past. Later. 4got10 makes a comment about his irl friends. Nothing amazing.

I added a little bit of the beginning of the conversation, it's fairly tame.

So I'm thinking *you* are probably a thinker.

I'm sorry? I'm just the guy editing the aim logs I have a separate thread for me, I think the forum for the most part thinks I'm an INFJ. Based on the results of this thread, I might make a aim log thread for myself!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Reviewing the personal information it's not all that personal actually but, with that being said, it's also pretty useless in the terms of this thread. Basically, the personal information is Z reflecting on something in his past. Later. 4got10 makes a comment about his irl friends. Nothing amazing.

I added a little bit of the beginning of the conversation, it's fairly tame.

Now I REALLY think you're INTJ. You didn't add the info because it was USELESS, not because it might be inappropriate or impolite or hurtful? Sounds like Te talking.

What you call "nothing amazing" is still part of people's personalities. :shock:It could help to determine other functions besides their thinking function. In fact, Z reflecting on this undisclosed "something from the past" could be indicative of Si, or what 4 says about his IRL could tell us if he prefers thinking or feeling, introversion or extroversion.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Now I REALLY think you're INTJ. You didn't add the info because it was USELESS, not because it might be inappropriate or impolite or hurtful? Sounds like Te talking.

Useless in the context of this thread. I have the permission to use this information as I see fit, that means I have to make judgement calls. Some things are more hurtful to those two than they are helpful to the individuals reading this thread. I did change the names of the users (They aren't made up in the sense that the names don't mean anything to them or I, they are just changed) but I still feel that they would be a little miffed if I just posted the whole conversation. Even with permission. People are weird like that.

What you call "nothing amazing" is still part of people's personalities. :shock:It could help to determine other functions besides their thinking function. In fact, Z reflecting on this undisclosed "something from the past" could be indicative of Si, or what 4 says about his IRL could tell us if he prefers thinking or feeling, introversion or extroversion.

That's true. Should I weigh the potential "truth" of what people in this thread think their MBTI type is over the fact that both individuals thought his information shared between them would be private at the time?

Z reflects over something personal that has happened to him in his past. He makes the comment that he didn't "break any new ground" and that he realizes he needs to get over the guilt and shame he has over the subject. He makes the passing comment that he won't ever get over it until he learns how to start feeling emotions again. That's pretty much it.

4got10 basically just describes how his friends view him. Two friends see him as super analytical, distracted, and random. Your basic iNTP. His other friend see him as methodical, a planner, and a visionary. Basic XNTJ. That's pretty much it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Useless in the context of this thread.

and I'm saying that it's not necessarily useless because in typing people, the more information and clearer picture the better...not just one aspect of a more intellectual argument

I have the permission to use this information as I see fit, that means I have to make judgement calls.

Well, your judgement was "useless" not "hurtful" which points to Te, not Fe.

Also, whether or not you want make the judgement calls is inconsequential to other people telling you it would be easier to type your friends with more information.

Some things are more hurtful to those two than they are helpful to the individuals reading this thread. I did change the names of the users (They aren't made up in the sense that the names don't mean anything to them or I, they are just changed) but I still feel that they would be a little miffed if I just posted the whole conversation. Even with permission. People are weird like that.

Of course.

That's true. Should I weigh the potential "truth" of what people in this thread think their MBTI type is over the fact that both individuals thought his information shared between them would be private at the time?

You're the one asking us to type them. We didn't come knock on your door and demand you give us chat logs of your Internet friends.

Z reflects over something personal that has happened to him in his past. He makes the comment that he didn't "break any new ground" and that he realizes he needs to get over the guilt and shame he has over the subject. He makes the passing comment that he won't ever get over it until he learns how to start feeling emotions again. That's pretty much it.

Even if we conclude Z has Ti, he could be INFJ, INTP, ISFJ...you get the picture right? And even an IxFJ could get in an Ni/Ti or Si/Ti loop and stop feeling. I would guess NOT INFJ because this probably is indicative of Si.

4got10 basically just describes how his friends view him. Two friends see him as super analytical, distracted, and random. Your basic iNTP. His other friend see him as methodical, a planner, and a visionary. Basic XNTJ. That's pretty much it.

Well, 4 sounds pretty solidly xNTJ because his reasoning is Te, combined with what you described his friends as seeing him as.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
and I'm saying that it's not necessarily useless because in typing people, the more information and clearer picture the better...not just one aspect of a more intellectual argument

True.
Well, your judgement was "useless" not "hurtful" which points to Te, not Fe.

My language is imprecise, I'm sorry. By useless I meant I didn't think it was worth revealing because it might make them feel like their privacy is being invaded.

Also, whether or not you want make the judgement calls is inconsequential to other people telling you it would be easier to type your friends with more information.

I don't think I disputed this? It's obvious that more information would be helpful in nearly every situation involving MBTI type o.o.

You're the one asking us to type them. We didn't come knock on your door and demand you give us chat logs of your Internet friends.

True.

Even if we conclude Z has Ti, he could be INFJ, INTP, ISFJ...you get the picture right? And even an IxFJ could get in an Ni/Ti or Si/Ti loop and stop feeling. I would guess NOT INFJ because this probably is indicative of Si.

Mmhmm. Off topic but could you explain the Ni/Ti loop? I've never really heard of it o.o. I've heard of the infamous Si/Ti loop though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mmhmm. Off topic but could you explain the Ni/Ti loop? I've never really heard of it o.o. I've heard of the infamous Si/Ti loop though.

No, this isn't off-topic at all. I'm trying to help you type your friends. I'm saying that your friend saying he needs to learn to feel again doesn't necessarily make him a T, but I think he has Ti/Si, which could potentially mean INTP, but that I wouldn't rule out ISFJ because of lack of information. I think it's fairly safe to say that INFJ thinks about the past much less, although of course it's not impossible, it's less likely to be of importance to their present and future.

An Ni/Ti loop would make an INFJ much more introverted, and a bit INTP-ish, but with obvious Ni use rather than Ne, and more Fe development than an INTP. They seem more solid and serious and intellectual than some INFJs, but still have the Fe thrown in there, so you know they aren't INTPs. In extreme, unhealthy cases it would probably give them exceedingly detailed paranoid theories and cause them to become rather socially avoidant.

I really don't think you're INFJ. You might be a really Ni/Fi INTJ. I just don't get INFJ from you. No offense.