• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

typeless vagabond

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
i'm very confused about how to classify myself... there isn't a specific type i can identify with completely and i feel like i have a lot of contradictory qualities. i've taken quite a few tests online and i most often get INTP/INTJ (i've also gotten a few E's here and there... seriously I'm all over the place). Like I said before, it's hard to fully identify with any of these, so maybe some one can help me out here...

I love to go out, party, and be around people. I would even go far as to say that I crave interaction at times. However, i don't make friends easily. I hate making small talk with strangers and have a lot of anxiety when forced to interact with people i don't know very well. To me, it's a very fine line that is often swayed by external factors (drinking for example). i also find it hard to relate to people i don't know very well and i think my demeanor can be a little off-putting at times...
I'm very blunt and sarcastic - as a child i was referred to as "a rude little girl" on numerous occasions and was often called "cold-hearted" by people during high school (mostly by male peers). Despite this tough exterior that is often perceived by others, i feel that i can be a very emotional person (although it isn't always noticeably expressed). i've always been a sad person I think - i've suffered from multiple panic & anxiety attacks that often stem from outrageous fears + constant worrying ("what if?"). I have crippling fears of losing loved ones for example. I have a pretty active imagination when it comes to hypothetical scenarios - I'm constantly daydreaming. However, at the same time, i like to think of myself as a pretty grounded and realistic person. i like to analyze and figure everything out, but when it comes to myself, i find it hard to dissect my feelings and thoughts. My mind wanders a lot and I always feel like I'm multi-tasking, even leisurely when I'm at home on my computer, which makes me a notorious procrastinator. When it comes to work (I'm still a student, so schoolwork) I'm a perfectionist. I spend hours and hours researching before ever writing anything. I love to plan out my days and I spend lots of time organizing, making it difficult to even accomplish what I'm motivated to do. I hate the mundane, but I do think planning is crucial.

I'm pretty religious and am grounded in the general beliefs, however, I also consider myself a really open person and I think that as I get older (only 20) I am also rejecting a lot more of it's specificities. One thing that steers me away from INTP is that I can be really superficial - i love fashion and am definitely strategic in my how I present myself to the world.

I've never had a serious, long-term boyfriend, so it's difficult for me to say how I would ever act in that situation. This is yet another example of how hard it is for me to relate and open up to people. I have this need to work on myself before ever getting involved with other people... anyway, I would say that in my limited relationship experiences I do get jealous easily and that I have a really fucking strong need for independence. I would say I am more forgiving than the average person.

I don't really know what else to say. I get bored easily and I like to feel like I am being productive. I care a lot about people although I don't necessarily show it. I take things personally and would much rather have everyone just tell it like it is rather than be all passive aggressive and petty. Not knowing what others are thinking in conversation bugs me. I like to talk about philosophy, especially when I am drunk. Pretty insecure I think, but no one will ever know it. I get scared easily. I can see through peoples bullshit. Thanks if you took the time to read this & respond.

Last edited:

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
i'm really eager to hear other people's thoughts. i always thought i was a T but maybe I'm just an F in denial...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe XNTP

Enneagram 6w5

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound like an INTP.

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
How would one describe the emotional side of INTP?
I definitely have one, and can be prone to emotional outbursts at times (although they are very discreet and limited to the privacy of my home/around my parents)

Is it possible for extreme introversion (regarding personal stuff in my case) to allude to a T type, regardless of one's actual cognitive processes?