• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing My Enigmatic Son

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I confess I'm being a little lazy here.

My 17-year-old is a classic type 9 in the enneagram. Nice, very laid back, hates confrontation, talking or hearing about 'bad' stuff, very little ambition or initiative, compliant...

...but he is also very, very witty. Hilariously funny. He is very good at extemporaneous comedy.

Highly introverted...he can do quite well for extended periods without anybody. He is very pleasant to be around; the kind of person that you would have a good time with no matter where you went.

He's never reveals what he is feeling or it's very subtle. The only time I saw him cry was when our greyhound died. He cried just a little when his grandmother passed away last year. He asks for very, very little--materially or emotionally.

Content to daydream, waste time, and do something-close-nothing. Can be passive aggressive but more likely to quietly assert himself.

What is he? INFP? ISFP?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yep definitely sounds like IxFP

N/S depends on whether he's more future/big-picture/idea or present/detail/sensory focused.

the extemporaneous comedy makes me think INFP, because xNxP would seem to suit that, but on the other hand, i imagine ISFPs have less torrid emotional swings because they don't have Ne to run off with the Fi, lol...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Read more as ISFP to me but IxFP seems pretty clear.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the extemporaneous comedy makes me think INFP, because xNxP would seem to suit that

SPs often have quick wit. In particular the ISxPs that I know come out with some pearlers.

wolfy

awsm
Sounds like isfp. Almost all of my humour (that works) is spur of the moment, off the cuff. I have to admit to not knowing what extemporaneous meant though. All of the other stuff was like me at seventeen too.

And to top things off I am enneagram nine.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
isfp imo too
i was quiet but also had an obnoxiously big mouth ... prob. because of the Ne and pointing out connections and information in a crass way

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think ISFP too :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He sounds more ISFP than INFP from what I read on the descriptions.

He recently became interested in music and he's been saving his money to buy a bass guitar or regular guitar. I was surprised because he shows little interest/motivation in things.

He did sheepishly admit that he does daydream a lot. He loves being outside. He dreams of going into fish and wildlife, forestry, or something like that.

I often have to warm him about his humor...he is very apt to slay with his humor. I told him he'd better learn to fight because someone was going to kick his ass one day because he couldn't resist wielding his wit.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder...

I talked with him for a while and he seems to lean toward being N instead of S.

He doesn't have a firm sense of identity and is very much given to being indolent. He will not exert himself unless asked. He rarely expresses any emotion except positive ones; he rarely acknowledges feeling bad or being upset. He almost never talks about how he feels or even what he wants. He tends to shadow who he is with at the moment.

Does this seem more like INFP? He actually took a test and got ENFP but he scoffed and said, "That doesn't really sound like me."

What do you guys think?