• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I feel like a paradox.

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm an ENFP. On the enneagram, I am a type 3 (achiever) with a wing 6 (loyalist). Having type 6 so high on my list, I strongly crave security and am oftentimes afraid of taking risks. Pleasure and change are still important to me, but they scored much lower on the enneagram test. However, ENFP's are supposedly risk-takers and pleasure-seekers. Is there any reason for this? Could it be a possibility that the way my brain works doesn't jive so well with my main focuses in life? Security and stability are very important for me to be happy, yet my inner rebel sometimes tries to fight to break out and make me do something wild?

Or maybe these results actually make a lot of sense and I'm just not really seeing how they connect. I would be interested in hearing some of your thoughts.

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5zEP4kvfnc"]Walking Contradiction[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

Well, you can't exactly have a 6 wing with 3 (it's either 3w2 or 3w4, whatever precedes or is in sequence, etc). You could be one or the other.

6, I think, is sort of a one size fits all E type, and any MBTI type could possibly line up with it. The reality is: A lot of people are worried and have a push/pull thing with fear and security.

3 might be typical of ENFs (ENFJs moreso?) however.

Spastic_Blondie

MBTI Type
ENFP
I thought I was an ENFJ before, but then everyone insisted I MUST be an ENFP. And yeah, I was wondering if that was an impossible wing to have, but...loyalist fits me so well... :shock:

H

Hate

I thought I was an ENFJ before, but then everyone insisted I MUST be an ENFP. And yeah, I was wondering if that was an impossible wing to have, but...loyalist fits me so well... :shock:

Why did everyone insist that you were ENFP and not ENFJ?

Also, how many different versions of the enneagram test did you take and how many times?

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think ENFPs feel like that a lot. I've always felt like I was a walking talking contradiction. It's actually kind of nice when you embrace it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Don't take descriptions too literally. ENFPs aren't pleasure seeking as it might sound.

Immature ENFPs tend to get the spotlight when it comes to speaking of ENFPs, but pleasure seeking for an ENFP is not the same thing as for an S.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Many ENFPs on this forum feel like they have totally unique psychology different from the other 6 billion people on the planet. All those billions of other people are the same, while they have heavy burden of being so radically different from everyone else they need their own biological classification, i.e. being a paradox. Evidently things are so simple for everyone else and yet so complicated for them. They see what no one else sees, tut tut.

Unfortunately, nothing ever really fits because that's how different they are, so they walk around in ill-fitting human suits looking for a tailor to cut them a perfect piece of cloth (usually INTJ).

I read where people insisted you were ENFP...it's up to decide what type you are but I saw no overwhelming evidence in any direction. I think this is a pretty good thread describing how to narrow down your type http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html, but if I may be snarky (oh, I will) I must say even the title of this thread makes you a strong candidate for being an ENFP just like any other and unlike any other.