• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who thinks I'm a Sensor? Line forms to the right.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the run down...yeah I do seem INFP borderline extrovert for a lot of reasons...and another thing that occured to me is that I developed Si first...I may rely on Te a lot now, but I was much more in touch with Si at a much younger age, then became conscious of emerging Te in my late teens.

Also, Si appears to be a "comfort" function for me, which apparently is indicative of tertiary rather than inferior, which supports your theory that I reject "bad" Te more strongly because it's my inferior.

Another way to look at it is what function is "in charge" and which function "supports".

INFP - Ne is the lieutenant that's interacting with the world. Fi is the general that's in charge working from behind the scenes in the tent.

ENFP - Ne is in charge. It's the general and it's out on the front line interacting with the world. Fi is the lieutenant, supporting from behind the scenes in the tent.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
NFs can be in tune with their bodies and their physical environment. Many of us use inferior Se etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Another way to look at it is what function is "in charge" and which function "supports".

INFP - Ne is the lieutenant that's interacting with the world. Fi is the general that's in charge working from behind the scenes in the tent.

ENFP - Ne is in charge. It's the general and it's out on the front line interacting with the world. Fi is the lieutenant, supporting from behind the scenes in the tent.

Well the argument for me being an extrovert is that I am more affected by my environment, intiate contact with others, ummm...and a lot of times I see Fi-dom thinking as limited as in cases of people unwilling to consider view points or opinions of others or how other people might view their behavior at all...I mean, I'm pretty damn Fi...but I do value having that outer perspective, or that way of sort of...testing reality against others.

eNFP? AARRRRRGGGH.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's wrong with being an enfp tho?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
what's wrong with being an enfp tho?

there's nothing at all wrong with being enfp

I'm just thinking I use more Si than some enfps or that I want more space from people

and I started this thread to begin with because others kept suggesting that I was a sensor

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've heard repeatedly from several users that they believe I am SF instead of NF.

My evidence to support this would be:

1) My primary love languages appear to be touch and acts of service rather than words.

2) On the mindframes test, I scored as "sensitivity" which appears to describe an Sensing Feeling personality rather than an iNtuitive Feeler.

3) I have a strong love of atmospheric films, and prefer a great deal of poetic sensory detail in literature which can override my need for analysis.

4) I do seem to be somewhat more in touch with my body than some Ns, and don't feel as much of a divide between myself and sensing feelers in particular.

5) A lot of times I express emotion from a visceral level, like just crying and experiencing grief and letting it all out, then moving on ... or getting angry and getting over it, rather than stewing or dwelling or pondering how I should handle those emotions. I prefer the express it/move on way of living vs. mulling over bad feelings and stretching it out...

6) I have some sort of issue with people denying their more "animal" nature, and in fact love animals sometimes more than people, though that could just be an Fi value and not necessarily a sensor thing?

7) An increasing impatience with formal education, a type of ADD, and resistence against anything too analytically dry and theoretical that doesn't relate directly to people...though that last part could just be NF vs. NT, right?

My evidence against this would be:

1) xSFx people in my life telling me I'm overly analytical or think too much.

2) A particular academic strength in literary analysis and writing which I excelled at while in university classes, and a strong draw toward fiction, although I also often enjoy reading more fact-based biographies, history, and psychology books, and enjoy books/movies based on "real events".

3) While good at things like swimming and dancing, I have really poor hand-eye coordination and could totally get hit in the face with a baseball if I seriously tried to play team sports.

4) Drifting off in daydreams, and spending a lot of time on-line.

5) What if, what if, what if....

6) Fitting the stereotype of an NF in other ways
I have felt like the ENFP type doesn't quite fit you (maybe ESFP?). But its just an impression that I can't really provide evidence for. I don't want to question this too much because you probably know better than any of us and it isn't nice to make people justify their type fit.

I wasn't just thinking you might be a sensor but maybe that you might be a thinker...:huh: Do you know what percentages you come up with for each function? Maybe you're borderline in several areas and it create confusion.

Anyway my SF friend is rather analytical, daydreamy and bad at sport :D

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the argument for me being an extrovert is that I am more affected by my environment, intiate contact with others, ummm...and a lot of times I see Fi-dom thinking as limited as in cases of people unwilling to consider view points or opinions of others or how other people might view their behavior at all...I mean, I'm pretty damn Fi...but I do value having that outer perspective, or that way of sort of...testing reality against others.

eNFP? AARRRRRGGGH.

Well, I think you have to have a preference. :)

Maybe an example would help. INTJ is Ni, Te, Fi, Se. When I have had the occasional doubt, I go back to the question of, "who is in charge?" What do I lead with? When I consider it, I conclude that I lead with these "hunches" or "intuitions." Always. Logic or rational thinking comes afterwards. I'm a dominant perceiver.

So, the question is really where you go first for answers? What is your first instinct? Ne or Fi? Do you lead with:
Ne - perceiving connections and relationships between things in the real world
Fi - assessing or judging things based on your own personal value system

Think about some situations where you're going through the thought process of arriving at a decision on something.

KDude

there's nothing at all wrong with being enfp

I'm just thinking I use more Si than some enfps or that I want more space from people

and I started this thread to begin with because others kept suggesting that I was a sensor

That's how I see it.

Also..one observation: Even when ENFPs who get introverted, and talk about feeling out of place don't seem to bring "Fi" type of discomforts to the forefront. They usually mention something about feeling misunderstood or being made to feel they say weird things (Ne).

Both NFPs can reflect about both don't get me wrong, but I wonder if there's something there that reflects functional preference.

gromit

likes this
That's how I see it.

Also..one observation: Even when ENFPs who get introverted, and talk about feeling out of place don't seem to bring "Fi" type of discomforts to the forefront. They usually mention something about feeling misunderstood or being made to feel they say weird things (Ne).

Both NFPs can reflect about both don't get me wrong, but I wonder if there's something there that reflects functional preference.

Interesting points to consider...!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wasn't just thinking you might be a sensor but maybe that you might be a thinker...:huh: Do you know what percentages you come up with for each function? Maybe you're borderline in several areas and it create confusion.

LOL...so maybe Im that fucked up STJ that slowriot mentioned, after all, who is rejecting Te and thinking I'm an NFP...;)

I also saw someone say ENTP in this thread....so does that mean I'm actually just exerting Ne/Te a lot on the board, kind of a warped mimicking of ENTP behavior?

Anyway my SF friend is rather analytical, daydreamy and bad at sport :D

:D Thanks for the input.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Like Little_Linguist, you're EISNFTJP.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
how many ESFPs would really spend so much time on typology forum?
i know this is prejudice but are here more than 2 ESFPs? and even those dont post so much!

N. big N. :)
what she said. you're not a sensor. not sure whether or not you're intro or extro though. as for J/P that's unclear too but i'm leaning towards P.

keep in mind that some people can bounce around and you just may be one of the lucky ones. being an archetypal type can be limiting.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tbh, i feel like tiptoeing just a bit with some infps.. that may sound weird.. but.. i think infps are stronger than given credit for.. but it's not quite an SJ vibe.

dont mean to call anyone out, but orangeappled, disregard, neptune, and rebe kinda put out the same vibe in some ways (that's without seeing vids of them though). a enfp in introverted mode can too. you all have a certain level of "misgiving".

yes, ive been observing all of you :rolleyes: ;)

Hey, I thought we were friends :eek:uch:
:tongue:

I don't have a weak personality...definitely not. I am reserved and timid socially, which gives the appearance of passivity in person, but it always misleads people, because when push comes to shove I can be very assertive & take a firm stand.

I think it's quite accurate where some NTs have called me an iron fist in a velvet glove or a tiger in a kitten suit. It's not a gentle disguise so much as no need to club people over the head until absolutely necessary. :devil:

But this isn't about me. :coffee:

Throw my vote in as ENFP for marmalade. I didn't have any problem seeing her as INFP when she arrived, and I became easily convinced of her as ENFP because, over time, her posting style seemed E over I to me (less dense in wording and more inclined to social banter). I think typing yourself by inferior functions is not a great idea, so I wouldn't worry about whether Te or Si is stronger (and I see Te in you, anyway). I don't think she (or should I just address her)...I don't think you marmalade are as S as you feel. Enjoying S people just means you appreciate them as people, not that you are one.

I might add that being S on this board is unique, and I think it's very tempting for a NFP 4 to want to be unique in an environment they spend a lot of time in....NPs are so populous here that people have tired of them as they have SJs in person.

Oh, and I didn't watch the video because I am too lazy. :cheese:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i totally resent that just so ya know! haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh..the everyone's tired of nfps around here...was kidding...just thought it a funny thing for you to say.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh..the everyone's tired of nfps around here...was kidding...just thought it a funny thing for you to say.

It's an observation, not my own sentiment. And I'm a 4 also....so I know the pull of being unique, although it's good to keep real world perspective & not let this place distort your view (basically, we are rather unique outside of this place :cheese: ).

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK-- I just watched your video, Marm.

Well, I think you're either ENFP or ESFP.

In any case, I HIGHLY doubt you are an Introvert.

I'm not sure what would tip it in favor of ENFP or ESFP for me.

I usually get a strong gut feeling about N vs S, but for some reason it's just not happening.

I bet I could tell if I saw you interacting with others.

Damn---I should have gone to the Southern California meetup!!!:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
OK-- I just watched your video, Marm.

Well, I think you're either ENFP or ESFP.

In any case, I HIGHLY doubt you are an Introvert.

I'm not sure what would tip it in favor of ENFP or ESFP for me.

I usually get a strong gut feeling about N vs S, but for some reason it's just not happening.

I bet I could tell if I saw you interacting with others.

Damn---I should have gone to the Southern California meetup!!!:

Yes!!! You should have!!!