• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

....I'm sorry I have to do this....INTJ or INFJ?

rhinocub

MBTI Type
ESFP
Serge, there is no enough info there.
Add. questions:
1. Do you like loud music?
2. Do you like to understand how things operate?
3. Could you console crying, sad man?
4. Do your own emotions help you or interfere you with problems in your life?

G

Glycerine

Ok I don't really know what to say then but when I saw your video, how you stated things and your views on things were very similar to how I act and think. I'm eNFJ. INTJs and I are usually coming from different points of understanding. Also, most of the stuff you said, I could apply to myself quite easily like we are on the same wavelength. I know it's not really scientific but that was one of the ways, I thought you were INFJ or at least NF. Another thing, besides the fact that you're both black, you kind of remind me of Silently Honest (INFJ). Good luck to you on finding your type! :D

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Convincing?

I'll try a second-by-second analyzation of your vid:

0:04 Boom! straight Fe smile "Hello Hello Typology Forum."

0:08 Eyebrows Up + Smile = Fe. "Um Yeah"

0:23 You are thinking for a suitable word? That could be Ni or Si. "Pontificate out loud."

0:01 - 0:29 Intermittent and significant signs of Fe. You just can't let go of that smile, can you?

0:31 - when you release the smile, it becomes Ti. "Um, so yeah."

0:31 - 0:56 - some more signs of Fe

0:57 - you are looking for information again? "I think that's true in the younger INFJ's and such." You were trying to fit it with your "Ni" and the idea fits with your perceived internal storage of ideas. Ni

1:21 - "Um.." When you release the "habit smile", It becomes Ti. You are arranging your logic.

1:31 - 1:32 - Notice when you "wrinkled" your face while trying to show a point? That's externalized emotion that's meant to influence. "I feel that INFJ's are (x) in their relationship with people."

"I'm rather not." -Because of your differing Ni. INFJ's, in general, tend to follow an Ni based on their Fe but not necessarily in reality.

If this helps, I'll continue..

(I was thinking ENFJ but yeah...seems having an Introverted demeanor.)
------
For contrast

INTJ:
YouTube - Some INTJ | ENFP Differences Notice the lack of emotional expression?

1:34 "mhm" Te.

X:XX Hand gestures does not come with externalized emotion. Te.

Fi is when this guy actually shows emotions. And when he does, it will be subtle and less expressive as it is meant to be internal(for the self) not externalized.

Btw, there are many "fake INTJ's" in youtube.

Mmkay, mmkay, that's convincing. And comparatively, to that guy, I'm not an INTJ at all. He's too stoic and such, and I assume him to be a rather developed INTJ at his age and by his demeanor. I tend to express my emotion when I feel the need too.

Add. questions:
3. Could you console crying, sad man?

1. To round out the thread: I like loud music but I don't like music that is too loud. (I've lost some partial hearing already from band)
2. If I'm interested in it. I lke to know how computers work but the fan sitting in front of me...while have a pretty good grasp of it, I don't really care to find out more.
3. I've consoled numerous people on various situations (some as routine as dealing with the end of a relationship. Some dealing with very emotional and touchy subjects such as being raped)
4. They help me. If I'm trying to do something that I see as ethically bad, then I'll feel like crap. Sometimes my emotions can hurt me but...that's life.

Stop talking, man. We are discussing Serge there.

It's fine. I've derailed my own topic as well (The death note discussion)

Ok I don't really know what to say then but when I saw your video, how you stated things and your views on things were very similar to how I act and think. I'm eNFJ. INTJs and I are usually coming from different points of understanding. Also, most of the stuff you said, I could apply to myself quite easily like we are on the same wavelength. I know it's not really scientific but that was one of the ways, I thought you were INFJ or at least NF. Another thing, besides the fact that you're both black, you kind of remind me of Silently Honest (INFJ). Good luck to you on finding your type! :D

Ah, I see. Thank you! Also, I actually know of Silently Honest, I've talked with him a few times I believe. I didn't know we were similar, lol. That's interesting to note though, I always assumed he was quite a bit older than me; he has that wise image thing going on!

So....hmm...I'm an INFJ. In the end...that really doesn't change me but at least now I know how I 'work' (Subjectively rather than objectively thanks to Fe/Ti and not Te/Fi) I considered myself one in the past but I didn't think I fit the image of the other INFJs but, alas, that's flawed (And that's why I like this forum. You're the type you are and that won't change, so why would you prefer to spend ALL of your MBTI time talking to people who think similarly to you. You only grow from introspection and interaction with a vast amount of people and, as such, other types)

rhinocub

MBTI Type
ESFP
Mmkay, mmkay, that's convincing. And comparatively, to that guy, I'm not an INTJ at all. He's too stoic and such, and I assume him to be a rather developed INTJ at his age and by his demeanor. I tend to express my emotion when I feel the need too.
could you become hysterical to achieve your goal?
1. To round out the thread: I like loud music but I don't like music that is too loud. (I've lost some partial hearing already from band)
+E
2. If I'm interested in it. I lke to know how computers work but the fan sitting in front of me...while have a pretty good grasp of it, I don't really care to find out more.
+E
3. I've consoled numerous people on various situations (some as routine as dealing with the end of a relationship. Some dealing with very emotional and touchy subjects such as being raped)
+E
4. They help me. If I'm trying to do something that I see as ethically bad, then I'll feel like crap. Sometimes my emotions can hurt me but...that's life.
not clear. How your emotions help you?

I suppose you are E but T for now :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...how is any of that E? What the shit?
eh.gif

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently...

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Add. questions:
3. Could you console a crying, sad man?

1. Music has no significant correlation to type. It may have a correlation but not enough to help in typing.

2. If you're talking "things" in general, it's too relative. Mechanics likes learning how mechanic things work. Drivers enjoy driving etc. The information dichotomy provides a general preference on information, not specifics. Some NT's like history, some NF's like politics, others hate it. Therefore, this doesn't help much in typing. People are relative beings but their functions and it's hierarchy are not.

3. Yeah, me too.

4. May point out something but still quite vague to form a proper conclusion.

could you make hysteric to achieve your goal? +E+E+Enot clear. How your emotions help you?

I suppose you are E but T for now :)

How does any of these show E nor T?

(Subjectively rather than objectively thanks to Fe/Ti and not Te/Fi)
How does it make you work subjectively? Are you saying "purely subjective"?

I considered myself one in the past but I didn't think I fit the image of the other INFJs but, alas, that's flawed

Like there are many INTP's, there are many INFJ's--especially with the confusion of Aux vs. Ter Functions.

INTP - Ti Si Ne Fe

INFJ - Ni Ti Fe Se

Or ENFP! - Ne Te Fi Se

Note: order of functions based on development not stimulation.

...maybe we should all go back to Jung's 3 function model.

(And that's why I like this forum. You're the type you are and that won't change, so why would you prefer to spend ALL of your MBTI time talking to people who think similarly to you. You only grow from introspection and interaction with a vast amount of people and, as such, other types)

Sounds like Ni Fe to me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seeing INFJ, very little indication of being T

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see abundant signs of a T function at work.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

...in the form of Ti. I also see Ni.

Therefore, in assigning a type, it would have to be:

Ni Fe Ti Se

INFJ =/= emotional machine. There is an indirect relationship however---a "tendency", some may call it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Not me- ....

Well I guess I should reword that.
I'm seeing a lot of indication of Fe-Ti rather than Te-Fi.
Therefore no indication of being an INTJ and high indication of being INFJ. Therefore high indication of being F, not T.

There, ya happy now? :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see a lot of Te and Fi there, but whatever floats your boat. ;)

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
It's blatantly obvious that he's an Fe/Ti user.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where are you seeing Te?
Contingency planning. He has a broad knowledge base, but per his words (not in this thread, we discussed this over IM later) he amasses knowledge not out of interest for it but because he feels it could be useful. Then there's his confrontational nature, even despite himself (something I recognize in myself), that's definite Te and Fi at work. Ti users argue for the hell of it, and as a tool to refine a point, they're not too serious about it.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
(Subjectively rather than objectively thanks to Fe/Ti and not Te/Fi)
How does it make you work subjectively? Are you saying "purely subjective"?

Nothing is purely objective, I should get that comment out of the way. I meant subjectively as in it seems based on how I perceive, and then how I feel about what I'm viewing/observing. At that point, I use Ti to make sure it's valid. I think Ni Te would be more focused on it being practical, then "good"

Sorry, I can't post more. I g2g to a party

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Contingency planning. He has a broad knowledge base, but per his words (not in this thread, we discussed this over IM later) he amasses knowledge not out of interest for it but because he feels it could be useful. Then there's his confrontational nature, even despite himself (something I recognize in myself), that's definite Te and Fi at work. Ti users argue for the hell of it, and as a tool to refine a point, they're not too serious about it.

xxFJ's, (Fe users) also tend to be very strong in their convictions along with Te users. It's a J thing. Te/Fi having a broad knowledge base and collecting information for the heck of it?... I don't see it in either function. That's why I'm not seeing the Te/Fi.