• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

....I'm sorry I have to do this....INTJ or INFJ?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
The video also paints you as an INFJ. Sometimes it can be rough out there for male INFJs, I can see why you're hoping to be an INTJ.

Tikka

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm definitely an INFJ. But especially in professional situations, I can appear to be INTJ.

I always, always feel people, emotions, and want to do my part in regulating the emotions of people in the room. Or at least observe them.

Sometimes I hate social conventions, not because I don't care or find it exciting but because it can be too overwhelming.

G

Glycerine

Another thing to note: F=/= emotional, irrational. F's are value oriented and people-centered. T's tend to take the people factor out of equation when figuring things out UNLESS it's crucial for efficiency and end-goal success, generally speaking.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh yeah, and if you liked DeathNote:

I think Kira/Light is INFJ and that Kid is INTJ.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Another thing to note: F=/= emotional, irrational. F's are value oriented and people-centered. T's tend to take the people factor out of equation when figuring things out UNLESS it's crucial for efficiency and end-goal success, generally speaking.

I know. Can you really make any decisions without having some inherent values? I mean, what constitutes efficient?

The video also paints you as an INFJ. Sometimes it can be rough out there for male INFJs, I can see why you're hoping to be an INTJ.

I enjoy being me. I'm a weird combination of a lot of good things. I'd like to think that makes me interesting and, honestly, this is probably the best time in history for an INFJ male (the best time being my life span 21st century and such)

Near is an INTJ, I agree. Light: I'm kinda not sure, I tend to lean INFJ because of his initial goal of wanting to be a cop and protecting/saving his city. He does have some good logical ability and it seems fairly Te/Ti mixed. For example, when he first received the Death Note, his method of testing reminded me of someone with Ti for some reason. He didn't start really looking at the rules until later in the novel.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Critical on logic = T.
Right, I have a lot of tertiary Te. Ti is critical on details and technicalities; my attacks are more big-picture based. Focus on details tends to be on recalled details, compared against the present situation (Si), rather than observed inaccuracies (Ti).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm completely dumbstruck, it seems no one here has considered that there is such a thing as an emotional T type (or a rational F type). Guys, people have tertiary goddamn functions.

That said, you could be INFJ from that video. I think you're just INxJ. :tongue:

:doh:

Light Yagami is a very, very fucking obvious INTJ. An INFJ with the same motivations would not have even considered killing all those cops -- Travis Bickle's undoing was precisely that he couldn't kill one police officer who stood in his way (poor hardworking stiff he was, like Travis himself)

And yes, Near is another INTJ.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6

Light Yagami is a very, very fucking obvious INTJ. An INFJ with the same motivations would not have even considered killing all those cops -- Travis Bickle's undoing was precisely that he couldn't kill one police officer who stood in his way (poor hardworking stiff he was, like Travis himself)

And yes, Near is another INTJ.

Not to derail my own thread but, according to this thread, F = Values and not feel good emotions and such. So, with that being said, would it be completely improbable for him to think that there's a greater good that can be accomplished and, as such, the cops should die?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

"I will save this world and be its God!" --seems INFJ'ish to me. Fe.

"I will rule the world". --now that is INTJ'ish. Te.

He's an idealist who thinks he can "cleanse" the world by simply killing all criminals...

there's a greater good that can be accomplished

Yes, that's why he's kind of crazy with all his values conflicting...

An INTJ would be more calm and consistent.

G

Glycerine

I know. Can you really make any decisions without having some inherent values? I mean, what constitutes efficient?
That's a totally F response. :) You're definitely INFJ. I mean values on what you consider morally right or wrong, good or evil pertaining to what you or other people should do. Of course, T's are going to have "values" but typically speaking, they aren't going to primarily judge things on the criteria of what's morally right or wrong, good or evil.

I will type out the rest later.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not to derail my own thread but, according to this thread, F = Values and not feel good emotions and such. So, with that being said, would it be completely improbable for him to think that there's a greater good that can be accomplished and, as such, the cops should die?
The sheer callousness of Light's actions make them very un-Fe. INTJs tend not to care who they have to shunt out of the way to achieve their ideals and schemes, INFJs do; as Fe is innately focused on the well-being of all those around it.

Either one could quite easily be Te/Fi. Te difference is the latter is an Enneagram 8 objective, whereas the former is an Enneagram 1 objective. Light is an INTJ 1w2 and seeks to remake the world to his perfect image; as opposed to for example Near (INTJ, 5w6), who is concerned only with solving puzzles; or Emperor Palpatine (INTJ, 8w9), who seeks to rule the universe.

Now, Light's objective could very easily be Ni-Fe in nature, as opposed to Ni-Te, but then his actions would be markedly more magnanimous. An Fe user would not have even considered the possibility of killing L, or anyone else they did not deem a risk to the human race at large.

Liesl

Upon re-reading this thread, I have concluded that whatever type you are, you are most likely not an INTJ, Serge. Not in my estimation anyway.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
The sheer callousness of Light's actions make them very un-Fe. INTJs tend not to care who they have to shunt out of the way to achieve their ideals and schemes, INFJs do; as Fe is innately focused on the well-being of all those around it.

INFJs aren't Fe dominant. I'd hope that INFJs, having Ni, would realize that they can't protect/save everyone. Ni/Fe seems innately focused on the well-being of those they choose.

Either one could quite easily be Te/Fi. Te difference is the latter is an Enneagram 8 objective, whereas the former is an Enneagram 1 objective. Light is an INTJ 1w2 and seeks to remake the world to his perfect image; as opposed to for example Near (INTJ, 5w6), who is concerned only with solving puzzles; or Emperor Palpatine (INTJ, 8w9), who seeks to rule the universe.

Now, Light's objective could very easily be Ni-Fe in nature, as opposed to Ni-Te, but then his actions would be markedly more magnanimous. An Fe user would not have even considered the possibility of killing L, or anyone else they did not deem a risk to the human race at large.

Random thought: Near is callous and such, but I do think he slightly cared about the situation. He seemed personally livid that Light put himself above the rules of society and masqueraded as a god. Now L, to me, seemed to be the individual who just simply cared about solving the puzzle. L was a legitimate risk to humanity for the very fact that L was a legitimate risk to Light, himself. And even with that, Light made it his personal goal to eliminate L, he nearly made mistakes on his drive to destroy him. Would a T necessarily not do that? No. But I don't think it's likely if 'thinking' is being described in this thread correctly. But the whole L being the personal litmus of Light being a god thing seems very Fish.

Pitseleh: Hmm, really? I know some T's who are super logical who think that 'efficiency' is all that matters but what is considered efficient is a value statement in itself. Is time saved more efficient than money saved? Etc. I don't think that's an indicator of F in itself.

^See, I'm not derailing this topic..>.>

Liesl: What type do you think I am, by chance?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now, Light's objective could very easily be Ni-Fe in nature, as opposed to Ni-Te, but then his actions would be markedly more magnanimous.
Well yes, he became the "savior" Kira. An INTJ would have preferred to stay hidden.

An Fe user would not have even considered the possibility of killing L, or anyone else they did not deem a risk to the human race at large.

Why not? Serge has a point. Light understands that sacrifices are necessary to fulfill his Ni.

Awareness of means =/= Fe.

G

Glycerine

Good point but MBTI defines things in a different way than what it would generally mean in the regular sense. Everyone HAS values but it's used in a particular context in MBTI. It's talking about ETHICAL values. How much time is saved vs. how much you save is not an ethical judgment. I still highly doubt that you're INTJ.

Portrait of an INFJ
Portrait of an INTJ

INFJ Profile
INTJ Profile

In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Now, Light's objective could very easily be Ni-Fe in nature, as opposed to Ni-Te, but then his actions would be markedly more magnanimous. An Fe user would not have even considered the possibility of killing L, or anyone else they did not deem a risk to others -- only dangerous criminals.

Liesl

Whew. So sorry, Serge, I didn't mean to say abrasively that you weren't an INTJ and then disappear from the thread. I went back to re-read once more and gather evidence for my conclusion, but in the mean time, a whole bunch of other people posted. Okay, so, here's what I think.

I don't think that your understanding of how an INFJ would use extraverted feeling is quite correct. INFJs often appear detached and in my opinion, mean. I can explain why. Fe is not the warm-and-fuzzy, hugging-strangers-on-the-street function that it's often made out to be, especially when it's paired with dominant Ni. It's mostly a proprietary function. My INFJ friend is mean, in my opinion, but she is highly concerned with doing and saying the "appropriate" thing. Appropriate is the key word. Not the nice thing, the appropriate thing. She is not someone you would want to hug as soon as you saw her. In fact, most people want to run away from her. LOL! She's concerned about how people 'view' her. She's obsessed with asking herself how her actions toward other people define her 'role' in a way that I don't understand.

INFJs are not 'emotional' in the same way that ENFJs are, let alone in the same way that ENFPs are. It's either the ExFx or the ENFx that gives off the impression of warmth right off the bat.

All of that said about INFJs, I see you as a likely IxFJ. I haven't seen that much Ni? Your blog post sounded IxFJ, leaning ISFJ to me. Your signature includes a quote, "I like life but life has a boyfriend," which is an extraverted feeling joke. :) I wouldn't use that as evidence, but it was just a little red herring to me as I was thinking about your type.

Further comments below.

Some INTJs go on this hellbent drive to make everything logical and some INFJs feel the need to accommodate for everyone and dream about sweet perfect worlds and ignore everything that isn't a part of that, like other peoples opinions.
This sounds possibly ISFJ-like to me.

The only person in life that you HAVE to take care of is yourself and you really can't help anybody if you're always bending over backwards to make them "feel" better. Sometimes tough love is what you need.
This could be xxFJ.

It's just interesting, I think. I've been typed as a INTJ somewhat unanimously else where, by INFJs no less. Then, on another forum, I was typed as an INFJ, by INTJs no less; I kinda felt that this place was unbiased in a way (and yes, I do cruise a lot of mbti types if that's what you wondering about) The first time I took the MBTI test, I scored INTJ (And I scored INTJ the next few times over the span of a year or two, originally, I thought MBTI was bs and dismissed it nearly immediately) and as such, I joined the INTJ forum. Long story short, I felt like I think in the same way as many of the INTJs but I felt like my preference and what I wanted to be knowledgeable about was people. Thus I equated that to mean that I must be an INFJ. Even with the goal of knowing and understanding people, I seemed very much different than the INFJs. They just, quite frankly, seemed to emotional about everything. I know INFJs are logical thinking feelers and such, but the ones I have been around seem very emotional and such. They also seemed easily affected by movies and other such media that normally can't get an emotion out of me. Also, it seems that social skills and the 'need' to be social is prevalent in all INFJs. I had to work, hard, for my social skills (By observing, digesting, and then finally using the knowledge I had gained) and I also never 'needed' to be social. There are times when I want to and will completely withdraw from everyone in my life (Save friends if they somehow catch me/bother me) and I won't feel the need to connect with anyone. I don't 'need' it in the same fashion as an INFJ would (It appears based on my knowledge of MBTI and the ones I've meet

Preference wise: I don't really ...care? I don't prefer to be either an INFJ or INTJ, I do believe that with that information, I can have another tool to examine me and how I interact with people.
I don't know what I think about this post. It's not really indicative of any type in particular.

You know what, I typed as an INTJ my freshman year of high school, and I really thought that was what I was until my junior year. That was when I met an actual INTJ and realized I was NF. It's the aspect of yourself that you simply cannot live without that counts for MBTI, Serge. There are so many, so many stereotypes about types that you have to discount in order to figure out your true preferences.

I'm completely dumbstruck, it seems no one here has considered that there is such a thing as an emotional T type (or a rational F type). Guys, people have tertiary goddamn functions.
Aleksei, I think you're my favorite person on this forum. YOU ARE HILARIOUS. Your temper is so similar to mine.