• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type Is Highlander?

What Enneagram Type Is Highlander?

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I considered e3 when he mentioned he had a Porsche...

:laugh:

EDIT: If he were a 5w6, would e3 be some sort of disintegration point for his wing? Do any of the theorists say it works that way? I asked this in another thread, but got no answer...

There was also a Jaguar Convertible. :blush: That was a little while ago though...

sculpting

It's less about the processes themselves and more about value housekeeping. But the processes themselves can also be considered values.

Is this because you would place a value upon a certain cognitive process? As in the process itself becomes a value? Can Fi value Fi thus prevent one from considering other alternatives (that's self reflective, not about your values necessarily) and so on down the list....

(On Topic: Highlander is an INTJ. I have religious objections to the ennegram thus I abstain)

Jaguar

The reason I eliminated it is this one quote on 3 SX from Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes, "The Sexual 3 wanted to share that their anxiety surfaces if anything mirrors back to them that they are not perfect, explaining that "If I am not perfect I am nothing".....The stress of feeling that they must be the ideal male or female of our society and yet still be the perfect (child, lover, spouse, parent andor employee, etc.) with values different from one's own is difficult to reconcile creating tremendous anxiety."

I have no aspirations of being perfect. Still, that is only one quote from one place. I seem to have spent much of my life creating this image of successfulness in many ways. So yeah... that is a definite possibility.

I wouldn't like those words, either. But that's one little blurb from one POV. If you read entire chapters on the 3, 5 and 8 in several books, you may have a much clearer picture, and certainly a deeper understanding not only of the types, but the theory as a whole.

Oh, nice car choices. :wink:

rav3n

Is this because you would place a value upon a certain cognitive process? As in the process itself becomes a value? Can Fi value Fi thus prevent one from considering other alternatives (that's self reflective, not about your values necessarily) and so on down the list....
Yes. Yes. Can't see why that wouldn't be possible.

highlander is an INTJ. Don't think he's an 8 but I'm not sure what he is beyond that. Either so or sp first.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. Yes. Can't see why that wouldn't be possible.

highlander is an INTJ. Don't think he's an 8 but I'm not sure what he is beyond that. Either so or sp first.

SO or SP? Bah!!!!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually saw a study a few years back that said that men who drive Porsches actually have less sex per week than men who own cars made by any other car maker...

:ninja:

But it's better sex I'm sure. Did the study say that?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/members/misid/3and8.asp

"Misidentifying Threes and Eights

Threes and Eights are both assertive (PT, 433-36), although the confusion between them centers on the competition found in average Threes and a similar competitiveness in average Eights.

In general terms, both Eights and Threes are ambitious and competitive: both types want to rise above others. The difference is that average Eights are self-assertive and want others to give them their way immediately so they do not have to waste time and energy fighting with people–not that they are afraid to do so. Eights compete for material and sexual dominance, less over purely social or status issues. For instance, Eights usually do not spend a lot of time comparing themselves with others, and certainly never to the degree that Threes do. For the same reason that Threes confuse themselves with Sevens and Fives (because they are looking for a flattering identity), it is far more likely that Threes identify themselves as Eights rather than vice versa.

Despite some superficial similarities, the differences are profound: Eights are leaders, deal makers, and power brokers who want to make the world conform to their personal vision. They want to have a large impact, to build and accomplish great things, possibly something that will live as a testament to the greatness of their audacity and will. Strong and implacable, they can be ruthless when something or someone gets in their way. They have large egos, and achieving some form of glory is important to them. Money is both a form of power and a means to amass more of it. Achieving personal power is the dominating drive in Eights, and there is nothing ambiguous, much less furtive or duplicitous, about them.

By contrast, power is not the key motive of Threes; achieving success and prestige and basking in the admiring attention of others is. (By contrast, Eights do not care about popularity; they do not care about the goodwill of others, so long as they get their way.) If Eights are natural leaders, Threes are natural managers and technicians. If Eights do not fear failure as such, Threes fear failure deeply because they see it as a personal humiliation, a potential occasion for being rejected, their deepest fear. By contrast, Eights see failure as an opportunity to learn something and come back stronger. If Eights are too busy achieving their purposes to worry about public opinion, Threes live and die on the opinions of others and desperately want to be in demand socially. If average Eights are combative and intimidating and can "take the heat", despite a certain bravado, average Threes will back down or be driven to deviousness: they cannot take pressure for long or exposure for a moment. In short, even average Eights are the "genuine article," whereas average Threes are an imitation of it. Contrast Eights such as Telly Savalas and John Wayne with Threes such as Sylvester Stallone and Burt Reynolds."

-------------------------------------

Edit: I don't think I "Live and die by the opinions of others" at all. Then again, I don't know that someone would call me ruthless if someone gets in my way. I'm assertive and persistent. I tend to use "force of will" to achieve things. I don't give up easily. I've failed many times. Sometimes it has hurt more than others but mostly, I just pick up by bootstraps and plow forward. Do I compare myself to others? Do I worry about public opinion? Mostly no, but sometimes I do.

In "Now Discover Your Strengths", there are a few strengths - Achievement, Command, and Significance that seem related to things things possibly. Command means willingness to confront. Significance means wanting to be significant in the eyes of others. Achievement is sort of obvious. The first time I took that test, Command was #1 on the list. Achievement was #4. Significance wasn't on there. The second time I took it, Achievement was #1, Significance was #3, Command was #4. Others that were highlighted were Focus, Restorative, and Strategic.

Jaguar

Competes for sexual dominance? What is that about - a small penis complex?
I don't know about you but I can't identify with Telly, John, Yo Adrian! Stallone or Burt and his fake hair.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Competes for sexual dominance? What is that about - a small penis complex?
I don't know about you but I can't identify with Telly, John, Yo Adrian! Stallone or Burt and his fake hair.

Well, I liked Rambo and some of those John Wayne movies.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I bought two books on it and read them. I'm an 8. Not a 3 or 5.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personality DNA

personalitydna.jpg

analyst.jpg