• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type Is Highlander?

What Enneagram Type Is Highlander?

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
highlander, does the instinctual nature of the 8w7 sx/sp resonate true to you?

This description does - yes, except for the unhealthy parts. I've never been like that.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32259&p=1301763&viewfull=1#post1301763

I looked at some materials I have on instinctual subtypes today and the 8 SX description seemed right. The 5 SX description did not really fit at all. The 3 SX seemed somewhat right too but not as much as the 8 SX descriptions.

On the wings - neither one really resonates. My conclusion there is I don't have a wing. It's OMNI - in the middle.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see an enneagram 8 owning and reading so many books on typology.

That sounds a lot more like a 5 to me.

I'm sure it does.

The problem with what you're saying is that many of the 8 parts that resonate are the *not so nice* ones.

rav3n

This description does - yes, except for the unhealthy parts. I've never been like that.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32259&p=1301763&viewfull=1#post1301763

I looked at some materials I have on instinctual subtypes today and the 8 SX description seemed right. The 5 SX description did not really fit at all. The 3 SX seemed somewhat right too but not as much as the 8 SX descriptions.

On the wings - neither one really resonates. My conclusion there is I don't have a wing. It's OMNI - in the middle.
Another member provided this E8 description. Does it also sound right?

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype8

8's are instinctual, no matter what their instinctual stackings.

8w7's can kind of be three-ish in appearance.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
^ That sx 8 description really resonates with me as well. Except for the lower level unhealthy stuff.

I am kind of intolerant in wandering interest in the other though... :shrug:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another member provided this E8 description. Does it also sound right?

http://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype8

8's are instinctual, no matter what their instinctual stackings.

8w7's can kind of be three-ish in appearance.

I mainly operate based on instinct or intuition. Logic is never the first consideration - if that answers your question. It's navigating towards what feels right. I always attributed that to Ni-Dom though.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just re enneagrams... fives don't stay completely and totally all about the fiveness all of their life, right? They integrate. Integrate to eight. The knowledge they accumulate begins not just to mature but to be used. Being eight is eventually part of being five... sorta.

On the other hand, pugnacity does not an eight make, and nor does being calm prove fiveness. Indeed, fives aren't calm. They're (we're) all about how the world is trying to take things from us.

As for the actual question... freakishly polite, unsettlingly so sometimes. What's he building in there?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Key stuff on 8 SX from Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes by Katherine Chernick Fauvre

"Eights act out lust in the one-to one arena by a possessive attitude towards intimates and friends. Lust or excess is acted out by controlling the nature of the way in which the couple relates to each other. They want to advise, to be consulted, and to take part in decisions. Attached to the idea of being able to trust completely.Want stability, loyalty and predictability in close relationships. May feel easily betrayed and are prone to suspicion. Partner's every move is overreacted to. Proud of their toughness.

Sexual subtype 8s are one of the highest energy positions in the diagram. A combination of physical verve and an inclination towards domination makes them lusty in love and commanding in business. Can be seen as relentless competitors. Attracted to people who are direct and who are not allergic to confrontation. Motto is "I have the right to have my way." More emotional than the other two subtypes.

Sexual - taking charge. Take charge in relationships. Parental role in one to ones. Bestower - Protection. Need some say in what's happening in other's life. Like withdrawn types. Wanting to mold the other. Deeply loving - devoted. Intimacy - struggle for control. Disinterested in other if they win too easily. Intensity - adrenalin. Good. Impatient too much. Loyalty, consistency, attention, possessive. Competitive - thrill of competition. Push. Stimulating to win. Urge to imprint oneself on others. Controlling - jealous - possessive. "

"The Sexual Eights felt under represented in most descriptions of Eight. They saw themselves as very devoted to those they loved and desired equality in relationship. Somebody that could match them, stand up to them, and more importantly for them, so that they could surrender control. They did however understand that their partners might feel controlled. They explained that they felt they had surrendered to the person that they loved and therefore were at their mercy. For the 8 to share anything of intimacy is to make themselves incredibly vulnerable and to give anyone the power to hurt them with it is potentially devastating. They further added how incongruent it felt to simultaneously need autonomy and connection. For how does one stay connected and remain autonomous?"

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for the actual question... freakishly polite, unsettlingly so sometimes. What's he building in there?

:devil: I see many possibilities.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You seem like an older INTJ who is more emotionally mature. I don't know if this comes with age, or is just more common in certain INTJ individuals. I have an INTx friend who I believe is INTJ (he tests as INTJ and believed INTJ for many years, but questioned INTP because it took him so long to get his PhD in Philosophy)who is more like you, seems balanced.

I think it may strike some people as non-INTJ-ish because you're polite and less closed off, but again I think that's due to balance and emotional maturity.

rav3n

highlander, you are the most well-behaved and well-contained E8 on TypeC! Most of us lash out, get riled, get hyper, get something... at some point. :laugh:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
highlander, you are the most well-behaved and well-contained E8 on TypeC! Most of us lash out, get riled, get hyper, get something... at some point. :laugh:

Part of it is probably introversion. Part of it is that it's writing and not talking. Part of it is probably maturity and experience dealing with a lot of different types of people over the years. I do get emotional, passionate, angry, frustrated, impatient - all sorts of things. I try to do it productively to the extent that's possible. I used to get angry a lot more in my 20s. Since I'm an introvert though, I probably didn't show it much. I used the anger as a means of motivating myself to do things. At the time, there was also a constant feeling - a need and a desire - to be in charge at work. It took me a while but I did get there.

rav3n

Part of it is probably introversion. Part of it is that it's writing and not talking. Part of it is probably maturity and experience dealing with a lot of different types of people over the years. I do get emotional, passionate, angry, frustrated, impatient - all sorts of things. I try to do it productively to the extent that's possible. I used to get angry a lot more in my 20s. Since I'm an introvert though, I probably didn't show it much. I used the anger as a means of motivating myself to do things. At the time, there was also a constant feeling - a need and a desire - to be in charge at work. It took me a while but I did get there.
Understood. I get where you're coming from about needing to be in charge in the past and now, it doesn't matter as long as whomever's in charge is leading well. If they're leading really poorly, that's still a problem for me.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm sure it does.

The problem with what you're saying is that many of the 8 parts that resonate are the *not so nice* ones.

Zarathustra said:
ohhhh... so do you also feel like you experience the unhealthier levels of the 5?

Actually, you know what?

Interestingly enough, I was reading some stuff about the enneagram the other day (provided by Jag, I believe, but it could have been ForeverJung) that said that we can still experience the negative sides of our integration points and the positive sides of our disintegration points, so... that's not necessarily a deal-sealer...

As you can see from my rep to you, though, that would seem a pretty important piece of evidence.

Btw, any chance you're a two, and you're experiencing disintegration into 8?

Hadn't thought of that at all, and I doubt it's the case, but I'm just basing it off what you said about your identification with the 8 descriptions...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Btw, any chance you're a two, and you're experiencing disintegration into 8?

I must understand this integration and disintegration stuff better.

No chance I'm a 2 though. Haha!!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
For MBTI, at first I thought Highlander was INTP. Now I know he's just a cool INTJ, one without a stick up their azz.

rav3n

My opinion, the disintegration/integration theories for 8's are full of it. Band-aid solutions. Create your own goal for self-actualisation and move towards it. We're not all identical gingerbread people, cut out on express lines of shaping.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I must understand this integration and disintegration stuff better.

No chance I'm a 2 though. Haha!!

To be honest, your persona seems more 2-like than 8-like!

I ain't saying you are a 2, but I agree with the above statement.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
So you're saying you're an INTP with a stick up his azz.

I'm a mod, I have to have a stick at least half way up there. :shrug:

IxTJs are probably the biggest sticks in the mud, but INTs can be too.