• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or INTP

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Enneagram 7s and SCUEIs are more commonly ENTPs than INTPs. However, you were extremely close to being RCUEI, so it could still go both ways. If you had gotten higher or lower on the Extroversion score, I would be more confident about your type.

Let's see ... When you read posts by ENTPs and INTPs on the internet, which type do you generally relate more to? Do you prefer reading boards with predominately ENTPs (entp.org or PersonalityCafe's ENTP forum, for example) or INTPs (intpcentral.com or PersonalityCafe's INTP forum)?

Green Crack

MBTI Type
ENTP
OP i'm not convinced you're INTP by anything you've said. However can't be fully sure you're not, but a few things do sorta point to ENTP.

I'm pretty introverted, in the sense i spend a lot of time alone and have no problem doing so. But i'm certainly an Extrovert.

I'd place more trust in what your INTJ friend said.

Let's see ... When you read posts by ENTPs and INTPs on the internet, which type do you generally relate more to? Do you prefer reading boards with predominately ENTPs (entp.org or PersonalityCafe's ENTP forum, for example) or INTPs (intpcentral.com or PersonalityCafe's INTP forum)?

Personally i like the INTP board better. So i think this isn't a great way to judge. ENTPs can be pretty flakey when sustaining an online presence, and it shows in the quality of the material on the boards.

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
... Personally i like the INTP board better. So i think this isn't a great way to judge. ENTPs can be pretty flakey when sustaining an online presence, and it shows in the quality of the material on the boards.

I agree with you. I've found that doing what I suggested can help some people determine their type, but I don't think that it's a great way to judge.

What you said about how you enjoy spending time alone is a very common occurrence among ENTPs (and ENFPs). My ENTP friend is the same way (she's even tested as INTP on a few tests), but she is clearly an Extrovert. She relishes her alone time, but she needs to remain in close contact with other people to be happy and secure.

I remember reading somewhere that it's more common for an ENTP to mistype as INTP than an INTP to mistype as ENTP. I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate, but it makes sense.

Ajax

MBTI Type
xNTP
I just went out last night and I am still on an enormous high. I feel the energy surging inside me, despite people wanting to get away from the drunk idiot last night I loved it. When sober I can't approach totally random people as well as I do drunk but I appreciate the distinction between introvert and being shy. There's another reason I might be INTP because when public speaking I do become nervous when doing a presentation standing up on a topic I'm not so certain but despite this I have always been told that I have very strong and open body language, in addition to a very "professional speaking voice". I feel much more confident sitting down.

In secondary school I was very shy and I didn't say much in group activities but I think I might have been "socially suppressed", but at the same time I think I frequented more ENTP traits than I do now. I used to play devil's advocate in class debates just to annoy the girls and inside my head I was rolling on the floor laughing. I remember I was often kicked out of the class for arguing with teacher. I was almost suspended for exploiting the network administrator's nativity. Hehe.

I think I like both boards to be honest but I have to say that the ENTP board (more specifically entp.org) can get very claustrophobic and there's a lot of ego there.

I also think I do quite INTP things like play plenty of videos games RPGs. It is just strange because almost an equal number of people said that they thought I was ENTP or INTP (my brother actually thought that the INTP type profile did fit me more which makes me question that someone has been observing my character for 16+ years thinks I am not ENTP but at the same time we live very isolated).

I used to be quite modest (which I think is a INTP trait) and used to act surprised when I received compliments. I have always been a prick (or a jerk to Americans), especially to women because I think it is very amusing to watch their reaction. My friends try to "encourage" me into a relationship. I have a friend who cannot stay out of a relationship and tries to almost push me into a relationship with any girl. Girls have advanced on me plenty of times but often I've ran away and when chased down and confronted I can't say yes or no (I ask them to 'wait'). I think most of these girls are F's because they become very angry and complain how I am being unfair. I could hold reasonable conversations with a IxxJ but I still couldn't commit and when she finally got a boyfriend she ran away after we briefly kissed. It is hilarious because she sent me a text after saying that she likes me but she picked the other guy.

I am actually quite frustrated about how I can never commit (probably a reflection of how I can never fully commit to my projects) and when people ask how many girlfriends I have had I feel almost inadequate because I can only say I've had hundreds of 'half-ways'. I can just imagine people thinking "wtf?". I cannot imagine myself married either.

GreenCrack, do you enjoy spending time alone? I suppose I end up alone but only as a matter of incident but I have no absolute inherent problem (I usually end up talking to my INTJ friend online) with it but if I spent long without people (as I experienced two summers ago) I become very depressed.

Green Crack

MBTI Type
ENTP

GreenCrack, do you enjoy spending time alone? I suppose I end up alone but only as a matter of incident but I have no absolute inherent problem (I usually end up talking to my INTJ friend online) with it but if I spent long without people (as I experienced two summers ago) I become very depressed.

Firstly, everything you said in this post i relate perfectly to, sorry i know it's not making it any easier. I used to spend my summers holed up in my room immersed in video games, i don't think you can totally count playing video games online as introverted, there can be a lot of pseudo human interaction so to say.

I'll get nervous when doing public speaking or meeting new people, Till i get going that is then the confidence comes. Of course i'll never show any nervousness. I don't really date much or anything, never have.

To answer your question, I do enjoy my time alone..it's much easier to think. But too long and too much thinking does lead to depression. I do love human interaction, but only with people i find interesting. I'd rather be alone then deal with people i'm not interested in. Unless i' bored enough to try to have some fun with them. But if i'm randomly asked to go hang out anywhere my Ne gets the best of me and i 99% of the time say yes. So there was many times of my life when i didn't have a good set of friends and i'd slide into excessive internet or video gaming.

Hmm often times when typing out a post, my Ne will cause me to go on and on with random thoughts and i'll end up going back and deleting most of it to try to stay on point, do you have to do that? Do you often 'think out loud' when talking to someone you are comfortable with like most ENTPs?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
One of the best ways to figure out if you're an introvert or an extravert is to just live your life. Really think about what comes most natural to you.