• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Friend Time!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay...so I was pretty sure my one friend was a certain type (how could we understand each other so well?! :eek:) But I'm seeing if I'm right.

She has a very strong Ne function, which almost seems dominant rather than auxillary (Thinks of thousands of possibilities with me as to why this event happened, very fidgety, has to 'play' with a nearby trinket or touch something while she's talking, which I sort of do. I just make ninja stars out of napkins.)

She's obviously a T (very objective when giving advice, thinks logically, doesn't really let emotions drive her decisions)

Obviously a P (never really planned, messy, somewhat of a procrastinator with things she couldn't solve homework-wise)

So, my guess at first? INTP...but seeing how expressive she is when she talks, and her strong Ne, maybe ENTP?

Maybe something entirely different? :huh:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So.... you want us to decide between ENTP and INTP... what exactly are the arguments for each side

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well at first she seemed a lot more reserved, as a lot of her life stayed a mystery to even her closest friends, which lead me to her being more introverted, but now that I know her better, I know she has a very wide range of friends that she keeps in touch with, very physically expressive when communicating, enjoys working with others a lot, and possible has a dominant Ne function. Maybe she's borderline :p I used to be

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INTP. You can still be introverted and have lots of friends. Remember, introverted is not equal to socially awkward. It's all a matter of if she prefers to be alone or be with lots of people or so on. Anyway, yeah, from the info you've provided, I say INTP. :)

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
So do you think Ne (ENTP) is her starting point or is it Ti (INTP)?

What drains her more Fe (INTP) or Si (ENTP)?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So do you think Ne (ENTP) is her starting point or is it Ti (INTP)?

What drains her more Fe (INTP) or Si (ENTP)?

Hard to say for the first one...

I'd probably say she has more trouble with Fe...

so my assumption was possibly correct? :cheese:

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I strongly feel she is an INTP. My boyfriend is an INTP and it can come across as if his dominant function is Ne and he could probably food some people into thinking he is an extravert.

a lot of her life stayed a mystery to even her closest friends

Same for my INTP.

she has a very wide range of friends that she keeps in touch with, very physically expressive when communicating, enjoys working with others a lot, and possible has a dominant Ne function.

She probably doesn't actually enjoy working with others...she probably just comes across that way. My INTP is very agreeable and works well with other people but he prefers to work alone. If you asked her I think she would say that she prefers to work alone...or with just one other person.
And introverts and be physically expressive whilst communicating, I know I am, especially when I am very interested and/or knowledgable about what I'm discussing.
And my INTP has a wide range of friends...introverts have friends too :D

priestessofmars

MBTI Type
INFJ
She could still be an ENTP though couldn't she? Since ENTP's are the most introverted extrovert. They're extroverted but they don't necessarily always need people, they still enjoy their privacy and need to get away from people occasionally.

When you two make plans, does she usually suggest going to a public place or a party or inviting people over? Those are activities an extrovert would like more while an introvert would probably suggest going somewhere a little more quiet, or anything involving small groups of people.

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She could be, yes, but based purely on what I've read she seems INTP.
And it's not impossible to be borderline either.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I strongly feel she is an INTP. My boyfriend is an INTP and it can come across as if his dominant function is Ne and he could probably food some people into thinking he is an extravert.

Same for my INTP.

She probably doesn't actually enjoy working with others...she probably just comes across that way. My INTP is very agreeable and works well with other people but he prefers to work alone. If you asked her I think she would say that she prefers to work alone...or with just one other person.
And introverts and be physically expressive whilst communicating, I know I am, especially when I am very interested and/or knowledgable about what I'm discussing.
And my INTP has a wide range of friends...introverts have friends too :D
She likes working with other people, but we're similar in the fact that if we work together, we get nothing done for the most part. I asked her before, and she said she likes working with other people. She just can't because work turns into play.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She could still be an ENTP though couldn't she? Since ENTP's are the most introverted extrovert. They're extroverted but they don't necessarily always need people, they still enjoy their privacy and need to get away from people occasionally.

When you two make plans, does she usually suggest going to a public place or a party or inviting people over? Those are activities an extrovert would like more while an introvert would probably suggest going somewhere a little more quiet, or anything involving small groups of people.

She always suggest a public place, like the mall or a club. But I don't know if she's a fan of being in a large group of people unless a close friend is there. She hates being abandoned by others when we go to parties, but I'm the same way.
I just think that's just a dick move though.