• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If Youre Unsure About Your Type

lefty

Honestly the best thing you can do is go out and buy david keirsey's book "please understand me II" and take the test in the back. or purchase the test on his website. i dont believe, necessarily, in his relationship pairings, but its the most accurate test i've ever found. when you take the test you may find yourself wanting to answer neither or both to the questions...this comes the point where you just either relax and let yourself answer honestly or you focus on your life and answer what seems more true.

part of the reason people are probably so confused is they either never took a test or else they took one of the lousy tests out there like on similiarminds and the results were false so now they're confused. honestly, the above advice will solve your problem and let you start getting more indepth into mbti and socionics.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
What if you've read that book a few times AND taken the test, yet you still don't know for sure?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't really like Please Understand Me. It gets too technical with the terms without really explaining them. Terms for the sake of terms without really showing how they are real.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keirsey's Temperament Sorter (the one with four-letter results) is actually an excellent test, and the correlation to the MBTI is extremely high.

I do not like Please Understand Me II beyond his test in the front of the book. However, his original book written with Marilyn Bates was good, because Keirsey didn't seem so confused with his theories.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are you kidding me? That test is about one of the only ones that has not been statistically validated.

The best test is still the *official* MBTI. It's the only one that has really been deemed valid and reliable.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I thought the only one that is really considered even remotely close to valid is the Big Five. The MBTI seems to get nothing but criticism from experts.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I thought the only one that is really considered even remotely close to valid is the Big Five. The MBTI seems to get nothing but criticism from experts.

Yes that's right but as far as measuring MBTI type, let's say that the "least bad" is the official MBTI ;)