• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Possible Suggestions for Type?

veins

Hello,

After reading a bunch of threads across the board, I am left a bit puzzled since I can relate to various topics, whether they're from the NF, NT, SP, or SJ sub-forums.
If I have to say, one of my motivators is basically to avoid stress. I used to take things personally, but not so much anymore. Now, I would try to understand where the person is coming from, see what the other perspective is, why that person did something, and so on. I guess that leads to my taking a kind of neutral stance on things like morality and value judgments - not that I don't have any, there are certain things that have me up in arms, but I would consider the context before casting anything. In relationships, if something comes up, I usually try to understand what the issue is, but I wouldn't really know what to do to alleviate the problem. Which can turn out that the issue lies with my not understanding the person or viceversa. A lot of the times. If someone who irritates me have something useful to contribute, I would consider the contribution despite my qualms with said person. The stress avoidance can also lead to aversion of conflict. I prefer discussions over debate. I also withdraw a lot.
I compartmentalize my life. Work stays at work, friends stay separate from family, and so on. I guess it's a form of control that I use over my life to provide some sort of structure. But despite that, I dislike outside forms of structure placed on my life. Being stuck in a 9 to 5 job is restrictive to me.
I'm not a decisive person when it comes to important decisions. I usually have to research everything there is before making up my mind and even then, there's a possibility that something else will come up, and I have to take that into consideration as well, so yeah. Majors and career choices aren't too hot for me. Minor decisions, like where to eat, I'll throw those to someone else. Otherwise, I'll go with what pops to mind first.

Hrm. Anyway, some minor things:

I enjoy modding/customizing things. Also collecting things. I have no issue with doing nothing. I like puzzles and word games. I have no issue with doing nothing but playing word games and puzzles. Experience is big for me as well. You can gain a lot from experience points.

What type do you think I am?

If there's anything else you'd like me to add or clarify, please feel free to ask. Thank you for your time.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far you sound like an IxTP, but I think we need a little more info to go on.

veins

So far you sound like an IxTP, but I think we need a little more info to go on.
What kind of info, for instance?

I guess I can say that when I played Magic: the Gathering, I prefer to build the decks rather than play the game, only playing to test out the decks.
I like consistency, as well. You know on most social networking sites, there's that marker for drinking/smoking? If someone puts down that they drink, but then say that they don't smoke because it is bad/unhealthy, that sets off a tick for me.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

veins

Ah ok. Thanks for the responses.

I'm wondering if any other types might relate to the info I've given?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP would somewhat relate to a love of tinkering, but INTP fits much better.