• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ENFP or ENTP

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All the confusion aside, would you say that this point of view makes me cross the line to ENTP or is it still up for debate?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
From what I managed to understand if it's means justify the ends, meaning...you guide yourself based on actual principles and not what the actions actually bring to the table...that would make you lean towards ENFP a little bit more I believe.

Lying in order to achieve want you want is not very big on principles though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right...i would lie and manipulate to save a friends life or something but not to get glory and or credit for something at work in order to advance my career...so...it's about priorities.

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would lie to convince someone about the right course of action even if I knew the results would be unfavorable to me.

For example: Let's say we're on a plane with ebola infected passengers (ok, it must probably be worse than ebola to guarantee death). I know that the pilot who is only out for himself want's to land the plane on an airport, thus allowing that the disease will spread from the airport to all over the world. I would consider lying to the pilot and telling him that he is infected and dying to be the right course of action to keep him from landing at the airport and spreading the plague.

Now if I would actually do that... I don't know.

So to outline it:

1.See the consequenses without prejudice.
If a moral dilemma, choose what you think will lead to the best result for everyone.
If it's just a simple matter of career or clothing style, treat people the way you wish to be treated yourself.
3.If you don't like what you figure you should do, try to convince yourself to do it anyway.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All this talk about morals and right and wrong... weird.

I'm with Sytpg, I see that as Fi, or at least not ENTP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, if I was still a devoted follower of function theory, I'd say your beliefs actually sound very Fi/Te (so Te, not Ti) and therefore ENFP and not ENTP.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was dealing with the same issue a while ago...ENFP, I'd say.