• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

argument for me being an E

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I still don't know, I hate this. I don't know myself, I can see my self as either one and its annoying me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP
outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

INFP
creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

forget about e/i for a sec...which of those do you relate to?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ENFP
outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

INFP
creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

.about 50/50 for both

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not sure if this is applicable

but if i were to upset you...offend you somehow say at a party...would you call me out on it immediately...like wtf erin that was rude! wtf is your problem? or...would you get quiet and withdraw and work it out for a bit and then later maybe calmly bring it up?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'd probably throw something at your head honestly run away calm down apologize while making it known you were being a bitch.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
throw something? haha like what? a sandwich or something? haha so...would you say the confrontation would be hard to deal with?

daftpunkcrunk

ENFP

INFP

uh... what the fuck. you can't just say all this negative crap about INFP and then spin around and say all this positive crap about ENFP. it's like you're implying are you a confident person or not? if you are, then obviously you must be an ENFP but being extroverted means being healthy (which is totally not true) and being an introvert means you have low self-esteem and confidence (which is also totally not true). There are cases of ENFPs having low self-esteem and INFPs being healthy and productive.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
uh... what the fuck. you can't just say all this negative crap about INFP and then spin around and say all this positive crap about ENFP. it's like you're implying are you a confident person or not? if you are, then obviously you must be an ENFP but being extroverted means being healthy (which is totally not true) and being an introvert means you have low self-esteem and confidence (which is also totally not true). There are cases of ENFPs having low self-esteem and INFPs being healthy and productive.

haha!! whoa...calm down there. those are not my words.

INFP - Jung Type Descriptions

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's silly when someone says something like "You show more Ne than Fi." According to the function theories, the first extraverted function is what you mainly use to interact with the world supposedly, so anybody who has "Ne" as one of their first two functions, that's what they're going to show people.

It's the same thing people have used to say I'm an "E" too. When I did my topic about that, more than one person said "you're more Se than Fi." But again, the "Fi" is always going to be the more internal (thus hidden) function.

prpl, there were plenty of times in Vent where I heard you make declarative statements about your personal values which I think would be the "Fi" talking. Clearly, an outsider really can't judge which of these hypothetical functions that you use more than another. You're really the only one who can know that. If anybody can.

+287,000

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
something like a bottle

hmm...obviously just a guess but i have a feeling enfps might be more used to being blunt and saying exactly what's on our mind without getting that upset about it.

just brainstorming tho...maybe someone else will have more to say about it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well no, because i don't get offended easily so it had to have been something extremely bitchy most of the time i let things roll off and don't think about them. so yeah if you piss me off, which is rare as i don't think i've ever actually been mad at anyone at a party it has to be major.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
was just going on the extraverts tendency to blurt things out and deal with things immediately.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
With you, Ne usage is much more apparant to me than Fi usage, regardless of your irl personality, which naturally I don't know much about. What would interest me is this: if you have strong Fi, why is it not something that tends to come across so much in your communication? Certainly it's usual for Fi dominant types to get offended fairly easily, for example.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yeah, believe it or not i get offended here more then i do irl and i never share my values unless it's with someone really close to me. I just never saw the point in imposing my views on others.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
got black out drunk last night and didn't confess anything or try to sleep with random people in the room. and my room mate's enfp and she's more so then I am, and I notice I usually get bored of people. I love them but i get bored of them while my room mate's like yay people! :cheers:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
The other possibility I've considered is that you're SO uncomfortable with expressing your inner feelings that you simply avoid anything that relates to them when you talk to people. This makes a lot more sense for a genuine INFP.