• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

argument for me being an E

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hmm okay...just i can't go right to bed after being around lots of people socializing i have to wind down...i have more energy than i did when i left to go to the party.

i have no problem going to sleep but i'm also really drunk by that time

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You've always seemed like an introverted ENFP to me. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it to you before actually! An ENFP is supposed to be Ne dominant, which I strongly suspect you are; but it's possible that you type INFP due to being somewhat shy or socially anxious in some situations. Remember that your type is meant to indicate your main function orientation, but because it doesn't actually measure that directly it's easy to mistype in an Mbti test. Have you ever done a cognitive function test? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ne came out higher than Fi if you did, which is what Mbti indicates for ENFPs.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
:laugh: Well then, you could always try doing another one! There's a decent one in the personality tests section; I did it myself a couple of days ago; it sorts functions for you as well to try to guess your type from the results.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I can do those kinds of tests better after I've been drinking, especially the long ones ;)

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, and I thought I was an Introvert because of tons of social anxiety which makes me appear introverted in real life.

You've always seemed like an introverted ENFP to me. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it to you before actually! An ENFP is supposed to be Ne dominant, which I strongly suspect you are; but it's possible that you type INFP due to being somewhat shy or socially anxious in some situations. Remember that your type is meant to indicate your main function orientation, but because it doesn't actually measure that directly it's easy to mistype in an Mbti test.

These were pretty much my first thoughts when I started reading the thread, and it seems a number of people think the same. Social anxiety can definitely lead to more "introvert" type behaviour and preferences, and it would be easy to assume you're an introvert based on that. I would say all your arguments for being I are either (a) true of everyone at times or (b) results of social anxiety.

Also, you do seem more similar to the ENFP posters on here than the INFP ones, based on what I've seen. And there's been some discussion about ENPs and how they don't really seem as extraverted as the other E types. Most NPs who are unsure of their I/E preference do seem to eventually settle on E.

So, I'm thinking E.

About the cognitive preferences test...I've taken that drunk and come out as an E, so I don't recommend putting too much faith in that.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Come to think of it, I've gotten some odd results sober too...:laugh: Never come out as an E though. That's only happened on one MBTI test occasion.

But sure, give it a try. I still do them now and then anyway.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.6)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************** (38.8)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (19.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************** (26.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.9)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.7)
excellent use

I should note that i do remember my Ne has been higher then my Fi on these tests in the past, but they've always been relatively close to one another

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP.

Inferior Te = INFP
Inferior Si = ENFP

Dom is also good identifier of type but our weaknesses are quite reliable in determining our temperament.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extravert Chinks.

You don't really want to argue about it though do you? Just pick the type that makes you content right now. If your not content in two weeks or something, change it, you are who you think you are, and you are what you eat only because the act of eating makes you think about food. I bet you're a pancake right now :drool:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Extravert Chinks.

You don't really want to argue about it though do you? Just pick the type that makes you content right now. If your not content in two weeks or something, change it, you are who you think you are, and you are what you eat only because the act of eating makes you think about food. I bet you're a pancake right now :drool:

spaghetti-o's

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's it, I'm starting an xNFP hybrid club!

Care to join, purps? ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think it's silly when someone says something like "You show more Ne than Fi." According to the function theories, the first extraverted function is what you mainly use to interact with the world supposedly, so anybody who has "Ne" as one of their first two functions, that's what they're going to show people.

It's the same thing people have used to say I'm an "E" too. When I did my topic about that, more than one person said "you're more Se than Fi." But again, the "Fi" is always going to be the more internal (thus hidden) function.

prpl, there were plenty of times in Vent where I heard you make declarative statements about your personal values which I think would be the "Fi" talking. Clearly, an outsider really can't judge which of these hypothetical functions that you use more than another. You're really the only one who can know that. If anybody can.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...not totally true tho...can't you see the difference in an intp and an entp's use of ne?
one is like ne with ti flavor and the other is ti with um...ne flavor or something...yeah?