• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm really not an ENTP...am I?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lately, I've had a feeling I'm more of an ENFP....maybe an INFP, considering I've formed a misanthropic distrust against most of humanity...I still have hope here, apparently. Maybe it's because I'm in a rut? Who knows...that's why I'm asking.

Anyway, the reason I'm in a tizzy about this is because lately my emotions have gotten the better of me, lately being for the past month or so. Most of this I blame on being around insane people and insane situations, which has recently become my life. All I have done in the past month was try to help people, but in return attack me for trying to help them. All people have done lately is just attack me, like I'm the village scapegoat, and I can't understand anything around me for the life of me.

Any ideas?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well misanthrophy is not really a showstopper for you to entp. But if you are misanthropic 24/7 this is a problem. Normally misanthrophy lasts until you see... oh look that shiny car I want to drive it...oh look a spacew shuttle, I want to build one too.. oh I am so sad, so sad,... god damnit look a new online game... oh cool I can watch stargate while playing it... what was the topic again ?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well misanthrophy is not really a showstopper for you to entp. But if you are misanthropic 24/7 this is a problem. Normally misanthrophy lasts until you see... oh look that shiny car I want to drive it...oh look a spacew shuttle, I want to build one too.. oh I am so sad, so sad,... god damnit look a new online game... oh cool I can watch stargate while playing it... what was the topic again ?

Haha that's very true. I go on the computer and no one exists, until I get off and have to deal with people...and then oh look ice cream, I want some! I just thought it was mild ADD :doh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well ADD is like the entry ticket to entpness :D

I thought ADD would cure itself with age, but I am 27 now and still cant listen to boring crap :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You remind me of a young ENTP lass from another forum who later claimed ENFPness. Hope that helps. :D

In seriousnessess though, check the conversations out here, the thread specifically discusses differences in ENTPs and ENFPs.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Differences in entps and enfps ? That's naughty !!! *request mod ban*

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You remind me of a young ENTP lass from another forum who later claimed ENFPness. Hope that helps. :D

In seriousnessess though, check the conversations out here, the thread specifically discusses differences in ENTPs and ENFPs.
Hmm...well looking at that list, most of them apply to me. I've taken the test again (out of mid-night boredom) and the same score. Maybe I'm just one of those 'in distress' damsels where personality turns into the bad opposite (T into hormonally raging F)...but meh I never really bought that.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm...well looking at that list, most of them apply to me. I've taken the test again (out of mid-night boredom) and the same score. Maybe I'm just one of those 'in distress' damsels where personality turns into the bad opposite (T into hormonally raging F)...but meh I never really bought that.

Check out Ti-Fe vs Fi-Te, you're a youngen aren't you? Fe for ENTPs and Te for ENFPs develop as we get older, could be your tertiary kicking your ass.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Check out Ti-Fe vs Fi-Te, you're a youngen aren't you? Fe for ENTPs and Te for ENFPs develop as we get older, could be your tertiary kicking your ass.

If you consider 19 to be young, then yes, that's probably what's happening, and why I've been so emotional tehe.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
unhealthy display of emotion is more likely a t thing :p

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I had a hard time typing myself. The person who help me confirm my type was a woman named Vicky Jo. She has sixteen years experience in MBTI. Check out her website. She gives out free 30 minute coaching. Here is the website ....Type Insights I was having a hard time determining if I was enfj or enfp. She help me confirm I was enfp.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're a youngen aren't you? Fe for ENTPs and Te for ENFPs develop as we get older, could be your tertiary kicking your ass.

unhealthy display of emotion is more likely a t thing :p
Given that her Feeling is manifesting itself as misanthropy (if I understood it correctly) rather than empathy, it's most likely Fi rather than Fe.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Given that her Feeling is manifesting itself as misanthropy (if I understood it correctly) rather than empathy, it's most likely Fi rather than Fe.

It's rather complicated, it originated as empathy I think, because I started caring way too much for people I shouldn't really be caring for, and when they treated me like shit I became misanthropic, if that clears anything up.

KDude

edit: man, that's a complicated point. i was going to say something here, but not sure where to begin.

Anyhow.. it sucks that you're getting shit tawanda. Whatever your type, I hope there's a way you can improve the situation and get away.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
edit: man, that's a complicated point. i was going to say something here, but not sure where to begin.

Anyhow.. it sucks that you're getting shit tawanda. Whatever your type, I hope there's a way you can improve the situation and get away.
Well thanks so much. :cheese:
It has improved, I pretty much just avoid everyone now, burned every bridge, and am starting from scratch, just like I always do when times get rough. Got a new job, trying to get another one just in case this doesn't work out, and just go on from there.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's rather complicated, it originated as empathy I think, because I started caring way too much for people I shouldn't really be caring for, and when they treated me like shit I became misanthropic, if that clears anything up.

geez, I know that feeling. I try not to let it bust my balls though, I'll force my attitude to return to it's home :D

You're probably an ENTP, but being young makes it hard for you to type yourself, and hard for others too.