• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Either Fe is blindsiding me, or I'm seriously an ENFP...

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
... because I swear to God I used to be more rational than this.

Or maybe I've been trying to become more emotionally aware, I don't know. Is it Fe or Fi that deals in the business of emotional breakdowns and analyzing relationships, particularly my own? That sounds to me as if I've set up some sort of internal standard and the fact certain things in the world (my behavior, my girlfriend) are failing to meet up to these faux standards, which then upsets me. The funny thing is that this level of whatever-it-is hasn't surfaced this intensely before and I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not this is a phase and whether or not I should care. Bleh.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure that my baseline type is ENTP (feel free to disagree). And, if it isn't, then I'm pretty sure that F and T are in an arena fighting to the death for dominance of my character (I want T to win).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds very much like Fi rather than Fe; so yes, you are turning into an ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think all male enfps think they're entps.

sculpting

Or maybe I've been trying to become more emotionally aware, I don't know. Is it Fe or Fi that deals in the business of emotional breakdowns and analyzing relationships, particularly my own? That sounds to me as if I've set up some sort of internal standard and the fact certain things in the world (my behavior, my girlfriend) are failing to meet up to these faux standards, which then upsets me. The funny thing is that this level of whatever-it-is hasn't surfaced this intensely before and I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not this is a phase and whether or not I should care. Bleh.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure that my baseline type is ENTP (feel free to disagree). And, if it isn't, then I'm pretty sure that F and T are in an arena fighting to the death for dominance of my character (I want T to win).

Ken, I'd suggest if you are between 20-30 you are seeing tert Fe growing in. From the entps I have watched it can come in spurts and be very conflicting to them at times-especially in men. An enfp will be growing tert Te and becoming more assertive and less willing to comply with others opinions where entps grow into the opposite direction, become more aware of social standards, group expectations and can become exceptionally caring as they age.

Here is a test I made up in 30 sec:
When people start arguing loudly around you or speaking very directly at you do you:
a) feel assertive and become stressed but proactive and almost combative
b) Become stressed and then become very calm, rational, quiet and feel the need to withdraw from the chaos-feel like the calm in the midst of the storm.

When interacting with a group and giving directions do you:
a) speak in terms of individuals-you do this and i will do this
b) in terms of the group-we will work together to accomplish these goals.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have several male ENFP friends and acquaintances. I find a strong tertiary Fe (which I have and most MBTI tests mistake for borderline F) is far superior to an aux Fi though; Fi is a spoiled brat of a function.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have several male ENFP friends and acquaintances. I find a strong tertiary Fe (which I have and most MBTI tests mistake for borderline F) is far superior to an aux Fi though; Fi is a spoiled brat of a function.

:girlfight:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I rest my case. :tongue:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
says the guy who states his functions are far superior!!

MBTI Type
INFJ

eerm, I do this all the time (checking whether my bf, friends, parents match my personal standards), and I am defitively Fe....so I think it could definitively be tertiary Fe setting in....

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Ken, I'd suggest if you are between 20-30 you are seeing tert Fe growing in. From the entps I have watched it can come in spurts and be very conflicting to them at times-especially in men. An enfp will be growing tert Te and becoming more assertive and less willing to comply with others opinions where entps grow into the opposite direction, become more aware of social standards, group expectations and can become exceptionally caring as they age.

Here is a test I made up in 30 sec:
When people start arguing loudly around you or speaking very directly at you do you:
a) feel assertive and become stressed but proactive and almost combative
b) Become stressed and then become very calm, rational, quiet and feel the need to withdraw from the chaos-feel like the calm in the midst of the storm.

When interacting with a group and giving directions do you:
a) speak in terms of individuals-you do this and i will do this
b) in terms of the group-we will work together to accomplish these goals.

Over the past week I've had good examples of both, so if the As are typing for NFP and the Bs for NTP, I've initially been B (withdrawing from argument and trying to calm down) then hitting off to A.

ENFP.

So I think she's right.

I agree which is why I'm kind of scared. Actually, me just saying that now probably put the stake in the heart of this "issue".

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree which is why I'm kind of scared. Actually, me just saying that now probably put the stake in the heart of this "issue".
Indeed. Disregard what I said about my own functions though... I realized earlier I'm actually ENFP, I've just been thinking I was T all this time because I have a freakishly strong tertiary Te.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha! whaat?! after you called my fi a brat!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an Fi brat too, so we're even no? :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah the more I think about it the more it makes sense. I want everybody to like me (and most people do like me :happy2:), I'm not really exacting (higher Ti users are grammar nazis), and I actually think in a very organized manner (proving strong Te). I'd say I'm an astoundingly unmotivated NTJ, except I'm Ne on crack and my Ni sucks.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I had a hard time typing myself. The person who help me confirm my type was a woman named Vicky Jo. She has sixteen years experience in MBTI. Check out her website. She gives out free 30 minute coaching. Here is the website ....Type Insights I was having a hard time determining if I was enfj or enfp. She help me confirm I was enfp.