• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ or ISFP?

WHAT TYPE?

• Total voters

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Some think I'm ISFP others think I'm ISFJ, what is it?

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You are COCK.

Also, you are a little boy smoking dope whilst listening to something by Styx.

KDude

I haven't read a lot of your posts JTG, so I don't really have an idea/preconceptions about you.. but to [grossly over]simplify it...

Just how laid back are you? What's your work history like? :laugh:

Besides professionalism, I heard ISFJs can be pretty devoted caretakers with friends and families as well.. Like they're really good with their time and hard work without vocalizing many complaints. Me, I have to make an effort to be that self-sacrificial. I'm a generous person in my own way, but get bored and start regretting it if I signed up to help paint a house with someone (just to use an example). Like I need a lot more to get motivated.. or need to distract myself with breaks and then come back...then I'm back full gusto.

How about sports.. are you the quiet guy on the sidelines.. who finally just gets up and then performs as good as or just "accidentally" beats everyone there? :cool: I think ISFPs and ISTPs are sort of similar on this (or it could be some other activity requiring hand/eye, raw motor skills...not necessarily sports).

I won't mention "art".. I think most people are capable of that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
do you use Si or Se more? :huh:

when you are making chili to you taste it to see if you want to add more of something or to see if it tastes like it's supposed to?

KDude

hah! chili is serious business as far as i'm concerned. i, for one, i could never make it in the first place (hmmm.. never say never though).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rofl1: you're a TERRIBLE Texan then! :laugh:

I was amused to see the difference in how my ISTJ and I make chili actually... I make an awesome chili with no form of quality control other than my own taste buds (fear my chili when I have a cold... it gets a bit... spicy :blush:)- I mix things, use different techniques and just taste it continually until I'm content that it's tasty... the ISTJ actually has developed his chili recipe to his standards of perfection, wrote this recipe down and follows it, tasting it to see if it tastes "right"

KDude

ok, i see what you mean.. and what i CAN cook, i do as you do. i have SJ friends though who are exacting, and go for time tested (or honored) methods to things.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my ESTJ friend was venting her frustration on her ISTP husband's "inability to follow recipes and refusal to write down what he's doing!!!" to me the other day... she cooks like the chemist she is (precisely... I have caught her measuring water on the meniscus before :shock:) and he cooks randomly.... both make delicious food :drool:

KDude

my ESTJ friend was venting her frustration on her ISTP husband's "inability to follow recipes and refusal to write down what he's doing!!!" to me the other day... she cooks like the chemist she is (precisely... I have caught her measuring water on the meniscus before :shock:) and he cooks randomly.... both make delicious food :drool:

i have an e or istj friend (tests as estj) who charted out his new garden to exacting dimensions beforehand, had different veggies organized in their little sections and stuff... it's kind of amazing actually :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lol... and to consider that I made fun of my ISTJ because one of our first dates involved ordering chinese food and organizing his dvd collection alphabetically :doh:

and yet I stuck around! :laugh:

there's something about orderly people that makes me just want to ruffle their hair and go "awwww... how cute!" :wubbie:

R

Riva

Oh, I believe you are an extrovert.

I guess it's because you sound spoiled.

G

garbage

during one of his cooking sessions, he should pretend to measure things, then see how she likes his cooking

if she likes it, then, well, he can say "Surprise! I actually didn't measure anything!!" and then "I told you so" forever and ever

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I haven't read a lot of your posts JTG, so I don't really have an idea/preconceptions about you.. but to [grossly over]simplify it...

Just how laid back are you? What's your work history like? :laugh:

Besides professionalism, I heard ISFJs can be pretty devoted caretakers with friends and families as well.. Like they're really good with their time and hard work without vocalizing many complaints. Me, I have to make an effort to be that self-sacrificial. I'm a generous person in my own way, but get bored and start regretting it if I signed up to help paint a house with someone (just to use an example). Like I need a lot more to get motivated.. or need to distract myself with breaks and then come back...then I'm back full gusto.

How about sports.. are you the quiet guy on the sidelines.. who finally just gets up and then performs as good as or just "accidentally" beats everyone there? :cool: I think ISFPs and ISTPs are sort of similar on this (or it could be some other activity requiring hand/eye, raw motor skills...not necessarily sports).

I won't mention "art".. I think most people are capable of that.

I'm pretty laid back even if I don't come off that way on the forum. Far as my work history goes, well I haven't worked in awhile. But when I am working I'm a carpenter, I like to do things I know but I like being in different setting otherwise I get bored really quick. I too have a hard time getting motivated, however I do take care of my friends and family, I would say I'm a pretty loyal friend.

Um sports, I've always been the athletic type and I love all sports. I wouldn't say I have the most natural talent but I'm no slouch either. So I would say I find myself as good or better than most.

Yeah I'm unemployed becauses I'm an "artist". ;)

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
do you use Si or Se more? :huh:

when you are making chili to you taste it to see if you want to add more of something or to see if it tastes like it's supposed to?

:rofl1: you're a TERRIBLE Texan then! :laugh:

I was amused to see the difference in how my ISTJ and I make chili actually... I make an awesome chili with no form of quality control other than my own taste buds (fear my chili when I have a cold... it gets a bit... spicy :blush:)- I mix things, use different techniques and just taste it continually until I'm content that it's tasty... the ISTJ actually has developed his chili recipe to his standards of perfection, wrote this recipe down and follows it, tasting it to see if it tastes "right"

I don't make chili but if I did I would probably find a recipe or something and go off that, I would definitely taste it to see if it needed anything but I wont go off just "my own taste buds" alone.