• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really ENFx?

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
Thank you for posting that. That was a great read.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The bolded part sounds very much like me - I make detailled plans for the future all the time... I just never get around to actually using them. ;).

Planning for future is absolutely one of my favourite things to do. Planning and dreaming. :sombrero:

I noticed that of the three ENFPs that had posted (me included), all of them had very high Fe (sometimes even higher than their Fi)... I'm not sure whether than means the test is inaccurate, all of us have misunderstood it, or the ENFP really does use Fe as much as Fi, but it does mean that getting a result of Fe is not uncommon at all.

It really might be ENFP'ish thing to have high scores in Fe. It is also possible that the function theory is not really working as it is described. :rolli:

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
It really might be ENFP'ish thing to have high scores in Fe. It is also possible that the function theory is not really working as it is described. :rolli:

Fe came in fifth for me, but my results were quite odd with Ne and Ni both fighting for first place. I agree that it might not be working as described or intended.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But seriously, my ENFx’ness would be possible in the aspect of the following assumptions:
  • The theory about right brained, balanced brained and left brained is true
  • Leonora Thompson’s following assumptions are true (Personality Type An Owners Manual, p.72): "J types use Extraverted Thinking or Extraverted Feeling for their outward behaviours. These functions activate more areas in the left hemisphere of the brain. P types use Extraverted Sensation or Extraverted Intuition for their outward behaviors. These functions activate more areas in the right hemisphere of the brain."
  • So then Ne is right brain hemisphere dominant function and Fe right brain hemisphere dominant function
  • Ne and Fe score both high in the my function tests result
  • I’m balanced brained
This all means that me as a balanced brained person cannot really decide my dominant function because I use my brain hemispheres equally. So according to these assumptions it would totally be possible to be ENFx.

So, anybody with confusion to choose J or P + who has mixed up function set + who are balanced brained could have x instead of J or P as their last preference.

What do you say? (I’m sure NT’s will find lots of faults in my theory. ;))

(And please don't take this too seriously, I'm just playing with the possibilities. :yes: )

I posted this in another thread a few days ago --

The problem I have with right/left brain being associated with P/J is that it is common (at least on this board, and I reckon in real life too) for people to use both sides fairly equally. As for myself, with any 'brain test' I've taken online, I always come out with using the two sides equally, or there's a one point difference.

And in real life, I don't think it's uncommon for Intuitives to excel in both your logical/scientific pursuits as well as your music/artistic ones. Often I think the two can go hand in hand.

...babble babble...

So I don't know that I'm a fan of pinpointing right/left to P/J, unless you're talking *extreme* P's or J's, and then possibly there's some validity to it. But otherwise....I don't know. It just seems like trying to join two theories together that perhaps shouldn't be joined. Seems like there'd be a LOT of people who it wouldn't really apply to. On the other hand, by joining the two, it would provide explanation for why so many people waver on the P/J thing, and never fully know which one they are, and never seem like one or the other........

--------

And for what it's worth, I think the cognitive functions thing can sometimes muddle things up more than anything. Whenever I've taken the 'test', I'm Fi>Ni>Ne>Fe=Se=Ti=Si>Te. The middle several fluctuate day by day. Fi 'shouldn't be' so high for INFJ. But I don't really think I'm INFP either.