• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFP mistyped as INFJ?

cfs1992

Oh, doubts appearing! Yesterday, I was reading about the differences between INFJ and INFP and I have to admit that I was a suprised when I saw the characteristics of INFP, it fitted better in my personality... Sometimes I've tested as INFP, and sometimes as INFJ... In the function analisys my Fi an Ne was the highest scores (Fi>Ne), and my Fe was very weak... I have a very good Si too (appeared in the test), a sharp and romantically nostalgic memory and connection with my past. Maybe, I used to score as J because of my family (all xSxJ!!!) that maybe can make some influence, but I can see strong P tendencies in me, what always cause many fights between I and my ISFJ mother... What do you think about it? Am I an INFP?

(Sorry about the grammar mistakes, English isn't my first language)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know your posts, so maybe describe yourself a bit. Although, if you've read up on the functions & can relate more to Fi & Ne than anything else, then maybe you are indeed INFP.

Although, I've noticed in INFJs that Fe often seems "weak" in regards to the way people expect to see Fe. It's more of a value forming & reasoning process than necessarily seeming warm in the way an SFJ may seem.

cfs1992

I don't know your posts, so maybe describe yourself a bit. Although, if you've read up on the functions & can relate more to Fi & Ne than anything else, then maybe you are indeed INFP.

Although, I've noticed in INFJs that Fe often seems "weak" in regards to the way people expect to see Fe. It's more of a value forming & reasoning process than necessarily seeming warm in the way an SFJ may seem.

Ok, let's see... I have a strong identification with Fi and Ne, it's true... And when I read The description of Fe I don't really identify, I see that is my weak Fe that cause trouble for me in my family... I just can't act as a real Fe person... My Fi makes me seem strange and different "out of the mainstream" I can say that I build my feelings inside and it makes me suffer a lot sometimes, I care too much about what I am feeling, what is important for me, and what makes me feel good (or bad). I can also see a strong Ne, I am very good in making connections and many others Ne things that I've already read about, and I can't see an INFJ with a good Si (that I can really see as my tertiary function according to some descriptions I've read)... I'm really thinking I'm an INFP...

It's so difficult to describe yourself!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if you identify most with the INFP functions & profiles & have done honest self-evaluation & feel you are more INFP than anything, then you've probably found your type ;). No one here will be able to type you better than yourself, IMO.

cfs1992

Well, if you identify most with the INFP functions & profiles & have done honest self-evaluation & feel you are more INFP than anything, then you've probably found your type ;). No one here will be able to type you better than yourself, IMO.

Thank you, OrangeAppled... I think I am really convinced that I am an INFP! I am reading some stuff and I identify much more with the INFP profile than the INFJ... Maybe I was an INFJ wannabe because of the appreciation of the "J" in my family... But after some studies I can see I am really a "P"... and all the functions match (Fi>Ne>Si>Te)... :yes:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ I went through an I-am-an-infj phrase for a month or two. I was thoroughly convinced. Ni and Ne is confusing, in my opinion and the infp profiles can leave out some important traits of yours. Welcome to infp-ness!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I almost always come out INFP on tests, but I identify with the INFJ description a lot more. Seems like it could work either way.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Haha. You just got to look into both personality types and see which one fits you the most. I've taken the test several times actually. The majority of times i got INFP, but once I took it and got ISFP and then ISFJ...I read into all three types, and I feel I am more INFP, so I am no decided. :) After all, the beauty of being an INFP is questioning your type.

cfs1992

Haha. You just got to look into both personality types and see which one fits you the most. I've taken the test several times actually. The majority of times i got INFP, but once I took it and got ISFP and then ISFJ...I read into all three types, and I feel I am more INFP, so I am no decided. :) After all, the beauty of being an INFP is questioning your type.

Yeah, I used to got both INFJ and INFP... And I identify most with INFP... :D

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Oh, doubts appearing! Yesterday, I was reading about the differences between INFJ and INFP and I have to admit that I was a suprised when I saw the characteristics of INFP, it fitted better in my personality...

Mbti is actually more of a best fit personality categorisation system than one that accurately measures function usage (contrary to what a lot of people think) so if you identify most with infp this is fairly significant.

Sometimes I've tested as INFP, and sometimes as INFJ... In the function analisys my Fi an Ne was the highest scores (Fi>Ne), and my Fe was very weak...

This strongly suggests infp again. What about Te then? It's possible that the high J tendency comes from well developed Te rather than Fe. Ne being higher than Ni fits best with infp as well; if your two highest functions are Ne and Fi that's actually pretty conclusive - you fit the infp paradigm exactly, as these are meant to be the strongest functions! INFJ ought if well developed to have a strong Fe, but even if the Fe is not well developed, Ni should nonetheless be very high as it's meant to be the dominant function.

I have a very good Si too (appeared in the test), a sharp and romantically nostalgic memory and connection with my past. Maybe, I used to score as J because of my family (all xSxJ!!!) that maybe can make some influence, but I can see strong P tendencies in me, what always cause many fights between I and my ISFJ mother... What do you think about it? Am I an INFP?

Not too surprising. INFPs tend to internalise the expectations of others a lot -it may not change their underlying personalities that much, but it will affect the way they think they ought to be. It might be helpful to decide whether you naturally do tend to act in a very J way, or whether you simply place the expectation on yourself that you should, and put a lot of work into trying to follow through with it. If the latter is the case, INFP.

Remember, though, that knowing your mbti type is a useful guide to your overall personality traits, but may not tell you so much about your unique strengths and weaknesses as an individual. It's useful as a model to increase your understanding of why you do what you do, but dangerous to let yourself be led by it. ;)