• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New boyfriend type

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys aren't getting any further than I did in my own head! Although it seems we've ruled out F. I took one of those tests for him and got ISTJ, weak in all preferences. That doesn't sound right

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's very obviously IxTJ. If ISTJ doesn't sound right to you, then my own guess (INTJ) is probably correct.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's very obviously IxTJ. If ISTJ doesn't sound right to you, then my own guess (INTJ) is probably correct.

Since he's talkative, social, affectionate, laid back, and caring, IXTJ is not very obvious.

I am leaning towards INTJ after having talked with you guys and reading all the type descriptions, though.

I know what the typical response will be, "IXTJ can be all of these things." Why yes- yes they can.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
infj too maybe. guys tend to test T even when they are F.......

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excellent memory? Very observant? Not very INTJ-ish, though I can't think of any other type. He may not be typable at all *shrug*

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
infj too maybe. guys tend to test T even when they are F.......

I considered the NFJ's at first. ENFJ was my original guess. Type descriptions seemed way off though. (Then again, I haven't been with him very long, so anything is possible.)

Excellent memory? Very observant? Not very INTJ-ish, though I can't think of any other type. He may not be typable at all *shrug*

Exactly my point. INTJ doesn't jump right out at me, either.. But seems to be closer than anything else. Also, I don't know many INTJ's, so not much for me to reference. (Type C should make a movie called.. "The Untypables" in cheezy horror movie format)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds kind of ESFP to me. I know a few ESFP guys who sound similar to this. I get an SP vibe over all. The impersonations, the observations, the memory, etc. All of this suggests S to me, and overall, he doesn't sound very structured. Tert Te in ESFPs can make them "authoritative" in some ways (ie. bossy).

I wouldn't let "control issues" throw you off too much - it's a problem he acknowledges as a problem. Being J doesn't mean having control issue problems, it just makes people inclined to structure. I mean, you could also stereotype "commitment issues" as P if you wanted to....but it's not exclusive to P types.

Instead, I hear a guy who has had all different types of jobs, wants to wander around Europe on a bike, is not frugal, and may prefer play to work (he won't work overtime - works to live, not vice verse). He sounds like he enjoys going with the flow & seeing what happens.

I could see ISTP also, since the descriptions seems to lean towards introversion, and I'm not getting ISFP here (career choices seem unlikely, as does being authoritative). Last guess would be ISTJ.

I don't hear anything to make me think N.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds kind of ESFP to me. I know a few ESFP guys who sound similar to this. I get an SP vibe over all. The impersonations, the observations, the memory, etc. All of this suggests S to me, and overall, he doesn't sound very structured. Tert Te in ESFPs can make them "authoritative" in some ways (ie. bossy).

I wouldn't let "control issues" throw you off too much - it's a problem he acknowledges as a problem. Being J doesn't mean having control issue problems, it just makes people inclined to structure. I mean, you could also stereotype "commitment issues" as P if you wanted to....but it's not exclusive to P types.

Instead, I hear a guy who has had all different types of jobs, wants to wander around Europe on a bike, is not frugal, and may prefer play to work (he won't work overtime - works to live, not vice verse). He sounds like he enjoys going with the flow & seeing what happens.

I could see ISTP also, since the descriptions seems to lean towards introversion, and I'm not getting ISFP here (career choices seem unlikely, as does being authoritative). Last guess would be ISTJ.

Gosh, I know some esfps and they do not do this at all, despite intense effort on my part:

"Likes to talk religion, politics, science, and history. (Everything that has a channel I guess.) Studied theology in college just for fun. Is not afraid to state his opinion and debate. Does not follow a specific religion and finds flaws with all of them."

Nor does my istp. That's the main reason I was saying N. I don't really know what esfjs are like though. Maybe that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gosh, I know some esfps and they do not do this at all, despite intense effort on my part:

"Likes to talk religion, politics, science, and history. (Everything that has a channel I guess.) Studied theology in college just for fun. Is not afraid to state his opinion and debate. Does not follow a specific religion and finds flaws with all of them."

I agree this is the point that goes against SP the most, but I don't think it rules it out. I'd be interested in what manner he discusses these things - being interested in them & talking about them does not equal being analytical necessarily. Outside of religion, most of these are not particularly abstract either.

The opinion/debate part I have seen in ESFPs. They can get really opinionated & like to assert their views. True, I don't know many who want to talk religion, politics & science, but most I've met really like history. History often has a lot of action, it's about people, and it involves facts. SPs seem to have a high regard for REAL experience. The other areas could be viewed in light of current events & what is going on in the world, and in that sense, SPs may be very interested in those topics.

I know SPs with strong spiritual sides who dabble in studying religion. Maybe not typical, but possible.
I've known a few who have intellectual streaks, although certainly not in the N way (which is not better or worse). Strong Ti and Fi can lead to that side I think. I'm always pleasantly surprised when this side surfaces in an SP I know.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Going to pick apart your post a little bit. (Just clarifying some things.) I don't think ESFP is a possibility for him. I can see the argument for ISTP, though. I'll explain the authoritative and control issues a little more. He wants to be the decision maker in a lot of situations. He's decisive. When he makes decisions it's difficult to get him to change his mind. He's a little one-track in this way. He's not bossy, but sticks to his guns. He doesn't like situations which extend beyond his control. If something is wrong and he can't fix it, due to other people or factors, he is likely to get frustrated and walk away from the situation. (Not really trying to point towards J, just trying to clarify the control thing.)

The reason I don't think he's ESFP is because he's more in his own head. Likes to think, be independent, do his own thing. While he's social and friendly and talkative, he seems to need to regain energy through his books, movies, thoughts, and projects and things. While he's socially graceful, caring, and funny, he doesn't seem to be focused on people, things and events. He'd also rather be alone, with just me, or family. I've seen ENTP's that looked ESFPish at times with all the friendliness and fun, but then need their time for other stuff. Not all extroverts are highly people/fun/activity focused, but most ESFP's are. He debates for fun. That part screams ENTP to me, actually. Or he could be one of these Se/Ne people like "Whatever" and be ESTP. Or he could be an ISTP, trying to be free of tiring commitments so he can enjoy life and well developed. Or just a really well-developed something else. While I can kind of see ESFP in his actions, I don't see it at all in his motivations.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ? A balanced one?

Maybe, when I took the test for him, that's what he got. Type description still doesn't look right though. ESTJ looks way off.

I was reading type descriptions- (they help a little bit, remind me what stereotypes look like)

He's starting to look a little ENTJ to me.

Coming out of a relationship with a very stereotypical ENTJ, it is hard for me to picture anything but the ex when reading. But then again, I had 3 years to analyze him.

But well balanced ENTJ looks plausible, and might explain some of that Se. And some ENTP traits are dead- on too.But some are so way off. I want to say he's an introvert, but nothing looks right. I think I need to get to know him better to find out what's natural, and what's just well balanced and developed.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe, when I took the test for him, that's what he got. Type description still doesn't look right though. ESTJ looks way off.

I was reading type descriptions- (they help a little bit, remind me what stereotypes look like)

He's starting to look a little ENTJ to me.

Coming out of a relationship with a very stereotypical ENTJ, it is hard for me to picture anything but the ex when reading. But then again, I had 3 years to analyze him.

But well balanced ENTJ looks plausible, and might explain some of that Se. And some ENTP traits are dead- on too.But some are so way off. I want to say he's an introvert, but nothing looks right. I think I need to get to know him better to find out what's natural, and what's just well balanced and developed.

Since you've studied the type descriptions in depth and aren't getting anywhere new, I'd just look to the cognitive functions for elucidation.

Entj> Will be all about Te, seeking logical reasoning for everything, knowing he is right, adjusting the entire world around his way of seeing it; the 'right' way. His Ni will look for reasons for things being the way they are that other people won't necessarily see, and this Ni thinking should be fairly obvious.

Intj>More about Ni, driven to see another way of doing things that might not be in existence; have original ideas and thoughts. Followed by Te logic to support it.

I just saw that there is a new vid posted on the video thread by an entj. There are also some corresponding posts by uumlau and the video'd person regarding intj/entj.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since you've studied the type descriptions in depth and aren't getting anywhere new, I'd just look to the cognitive functions for elucidation.

Entj> Will be all about Te, seeking logical reasoning for everything, knowing he is right, adjusting the entire world around his way of seeing it; the 'right' way. His Ni will look for reasons for things being the way they are that other people won't necessarily see, and this Ni thinking should be fairly obvious.

Intj>More about Ni, driven to see another way of doing things that might not be in existence; have original ideas and thoughts. Followed by Te logic to support it.

I just saw that there is a new vid posted on the video thread by an entj. There are also some corresponding posts by uumlau and the video'd person regarding intj/entj.

Yea, I have a pretty good understanding of cognitive functions. They still didn't get me far though.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, confirmed that he's an introvert. He actually made a few statements towards introvert as if he was taking a test. We had like 3 days worth of events this weekend for my graduation, so socializing lasted literally from Friday at 5 all the way to yesterday (Sunday at 6 PM) non stop. He didn't make it to everything, which was fine. Yesterday he told me that he never can devote a whole weekend to social stuff and that it made him really tired. He said he gets tired after a day, let alone an entire weekend. He seemed happy to get home.

Then one of my ENFP's asked my guy if he came with a "pack" as my last boyfriend did. He said, "no" (which I already knew) but then said he preferred to keep his life simple and wanted to make life simple and as obligation-free as possible.

He remained quiet through most conversations this weekend. (Quiet but still pleasant to be around).