• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can I know Fi/Te from Ti/Fe?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thinking judgements are based on objective criteria or principles, and Feeling judgements are based on personal, interpersonal, or universal values. Look at these descriptions (the italics are how each function would approach picking out something to wear, as an example of how they work):

Te - Segmenting; Organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines and parameters; deciding if something is working or not. Sorting out different colors and styles; thinking about the consequences, as in "Since I have to stand all day..." ; "This is how to do it." "People do..."

Fe - Connecting; considering others and the group--organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accomodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation: "One should or shouldn't wear..." or "People will think ..."; "This is what we need." "We do..."

Ti - Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying deifnitions to get more precision. Analysing your options using principles like comfort or "Red is a power color"; "This is why ... " "It does..."

Fi - Valuing: Considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achive accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for. Evaluating whether you like an outfit or not: "This outfit suits me and feels right." ;"This is important." "I(or you) do..."

Notice the difference between F and T... where F is more personal or interpersonal, and T is more objective. Also, Extroverted functions are focused on the outside world, including the people in it. Introverted functions seem more focused on the internal, individual's world. If I could really sum them up, Te focuses on "Organization of the external world (people, objects, etc)", Fe focuses "values/emotions of the group", Ti focuses on "Organization of the internal mind", Fi is "values/emotions of the individual"

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te/Fi organizing the outer world logically, for what is important personally.
Fe/Ti organizing the outer world socially according to internal principles.

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In a group situation then, the FP would try to reach consensus or a deal where they think everyone wins(Fi) and then wish for the group to just go there without anymore arguing (Te)?

Meanwhile, the TP would be more likely to try to figure out the goal they saw best on their own (Ti) and then try to convince the group to go there by social means(Fe)?

EDIT: A really unbiased example of how I think wont spring to mind right now...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi = I feel
Te = We think

Ti = I think
Fe = We feel

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the answers :D. I think I'm completely sure about being ENFP now.

Kenneth Almighty

MBTI Type
ENXP
Here's how I understand it:

If you're a part of the group, and you want to replace the leader because you believe he is personally incompetent, that's Fi-Te.

If you want to replace the leader because you think he's not doing the best he can at executing the vision, that's Ti-Fe.

The first is replacing the person because you think *you* can do a better job. The second is replacing the person because there's a better job that can be done. The Fi-Te would judge the leading man based off what is most efficient, then naturally place you as the replacement. The Ti-Fe would think of the greater vision of the group, then work oneself into the role that would most effectively get that vision across. Inadvertently, it's usually a leadership role, because you'd be the one who created the vision, but if you think that there are others who can do the job better, a Ti-Fe would do the most rational thing and put everyone in the right place for the best execution (one can see this as a biproduct of both rational decisions and social understanding). Fi-Te, on the other hand, would generate standards for people that it believes that they could meet, and organize them based off of these standards, regardless of the actual efficiency.