• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Luna(Luminosity)'s Enneagram Type

What ennneagram type best represents Luna?

• 5w4

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 4w5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 (unknown wing)

• 4 (unknown wing)

• Another Type that is yet to be Invented and Accepted

• Other (Explain...)

• Total voters

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need to stop ruminating in loops that are getting me nowhere and put my thinking to better use... by asking for the typing expertise of the forum :D

I relate to both of these very well, and very equally.

Dynamics of Type 4: Romantic
World View: Something's missing. Others have it. I'm different from them because I don't.
Basic Desire: to understand self
Basic Fear: of being defective

Dynamics of Type 5: Thinker
World View: The world is invasive and confusing. I need privacy to think.
Basic Desire: to understand the world
Basic Fear: of being overwhelmed by the world

And the longer descriptions for these types, I only relate to moderately, but moderately about equal.

I usually test somewhat strongly as 5, or about even with 5, 7 and 8, but this time...

Type 1: 4
Type 2: 1
Type 3: 5
Type 4: 6
Type 5: 6

Type 6: 4
Type 7: 5
Type 8: 4
Type 9: 1

And along with other suspicions lately that I am a 4 rather than a 5, this throws me into great indecision.

So go ahead and ask any questions that might help you to decide...

(and also, if you doubt my MBTI type as well, you can attach that into your assessment ;) )

ygolo

My termites win
Well according to the test, you are anything but a 2 or 9.

I do see a lot of 5 and 4 in you. But I would say more 5.

So 5w4.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well according to the test, you are anything but a 2 or 9.

I do see a lot of 5 and 4 in you. But I would say more 5.

So 5w4.

Hmm, so I could be 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8...

What do you think makes me a little more 5 than 4?

I also wonder... how rare is it for an INTP to be type 4?

And again, if the problem is that almost no one here has a clue of who I am (even though I am a 500+ poster now), you can ask questions.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP can be type four, it's just not common. With the enneagram, I find it best to just pick the type you like and relate to and put that one down. So, which do you like more right now? 5 or 4? :) If you're not really that type, you'll find out soon enough and you'll then know for sure exactly what type you are.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK, I need a bit more assistance.

These are my latest results:

Type 1 5
Type 2 1
Type 3 6
Type 4 3
Type 5 7
Type 6 5
Type 7 6
Type 8 3
Type 9 0

I identify with this description of type five pretty strongly:

Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.

But this part...

Key Motivations: Want to possess knowledge, to understand the environment, to have everything figured out as a way of defending the self from threats from the environment.

I don't think of my quest for knowledge as a defense for threats... it's about understanding and seeing the world a new way for its own sake.

I scored high on 3 and 7 on the other test too, so now I'll evaluate these descriptions:

Type 7
Basic Fear: Of being deprived and in pain
Basic Desire: To be satisfied and content—to have their needs fufilled
Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied.
Key Motivations: Want to maintain their freedom and happiness, to avoid missing out on worthwhile experiences, to keep themselves excited and occupied, to avoid and discharge pain.

I identify with the fear, desire, and motivations part, but the description is questionable. I wouldn't really call myself extraverted... if I do turn out to be one it will still be a very weak preference. I wouldn't call myself practical either, and I'm decently patient.

Type 3
Basic Fear: Of being worthless
Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.
Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.

I can identify with the fear and desire, and some of the key motivations. The rest of the description is also questionable. Most of it is slightly true of me, but probably not enough to be my type. Like, I have more charm than the average sneaker, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a charmer. But I can't see me from outside of me so maybe I don't know.

I still think I fit type 5 a little better, but what wing would I have if I score higher on 3 and 7 then on 4? Could I be one of those sevens who has developed into being very much like a five? Can I just throw away how the system is supposed to work and be a 5w7? :p I bet this is kind of a common problem for NTPs who are a bit close on the I/E, so maybe someone else has already figured this out...

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
hmmm, what about the levels? on the enneagram types, how do you Identify with any of the levels within the specific types?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now this is interesting. According to these tests http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php I have become a 7w8 overnight. What happened to 4 and 5? :huh:

You are most likely a type 7. Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 7w8.

Type 7 - 10.7
Type 5 - 7
Type 8 - 6.3
Type 6 - 5.7

Wing 7w8 - 13.9
Wing 7w6 - 13.6
Wing 8w7 - 11.7
Wing 6w7 - 11.1
Wing 5w6 - 9.9
Wing 6w5 - 9.2
Wing 8w9 - 8.7
Wing 5w4 - 8.2

You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 8 wing, Social variant

Type 7 SO
Type 3 SX
Type 8 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 5 SX
Type 6 SX
Type 1 SO
Type 2 SP
Type 9 SX

I still think I'm quite a bit 5 with some 4 in there, but perhaps I'm not quite serious enough for that or something. I do like to have fun :yes:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7w8 would fit ENTP. But then you say 5 also, which is typical for INTP.

Looks like you're inbetween on E and I.

I never asked, because I thought I might have remembered you participating in this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-temperament-inclusion-control-affection.html
But I see you didn't. (The same for SuchIrony).

Would either of these fit you? (They're basically the ambiverted versions of the informative temperaments)
http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...-of-Inclusion/phlegmatic-supine-inclusion.htm
http://www.pastoral-counseling-cent...f-Inclusion/phlegmatic-sanguine-inclusion.htm

Sorry if you had gone through these before. I know A couple of people did outside of that thread, but now I forget who.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tricky, isn't it?

I've read through all of those now and this is my summary.

In inclusion:

Choleric Phlegmatic fits in that I am kind of perfectionistic, selective in interactions, need independence, optimistic, and always envisioning new projects. It doesn't fit in that I don't have a cruel temper and do not lead people on about wanting to socialize.

Phlegmatic Melancholy fits in that I am kind of slow paced, drift off in thought, tries to inspire others, and swing in mood. It doesn't fit in that I do not lose energy through the day and I do like people to approach me.

Phlegmatic Sanguine fits in that I am less outgoing that most extraverts but like to be approached, responsive to the mood of the environment, can use witty/sarcastic humor to attract people, vivacious and optimistic at times, perceive rejection when it might not exist, apologizes but might make the same mistake anyway, and avoid decisions. It doesn't fit in that my mind is in the future more than the present and understand systems well.

Phlegmatic Supine fits in that I appear less outgoing, wait for the other person to prove they want to interact before I do, somewhat slow-paced, can use witty/sarcastic humor to attract people, and get anxious when isolated for a long time. It doesn't fit in that I don't lose momentum as the day progresses and that I'm not much relationship-oriented.

Supine fits in that I appear more introverted than I am, wait to be approached, somewhat slow-paced, more of a thinker, fear rejection, and get anxious when isolated for a long time. It doesn not fit in that I don't lose momentum through the day, I'm not that relationship-oriented, and I do not try to devalue myself.

(Pretty much the same for Supine Compulsive.)

Supine Phlegmatic fits in that I behave introverted but respond more extraverted, relate well to systems/ideas, slow-paced, looks for others to accept before I respond, tire easily, self-motivated, do well with precision, and have witty/dry sense of humor. It doesn't fit in that I am not resistant to change and do not lose momentum through the day.

In control:
Melancholy Phlegmatic, Phlegmatic Choleric, Phlegmatic Sanguine, and Sanguine Phlegmatic are sort of close.

In affection:
Supine Phlegmatic might match but it is hard to judge because of limited experience and such.

I am going to guess that this seems to lean more to 7 than to 5. And yes, I am aware that if I am a true 7, then I should probably just change that X to an E and get it over with :tongue:

(But then I wasn't an INTP 5 for three years for nothing. I still fit the 5 description well and the INTP description very well.)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So in Inclusion, the concentration is in the Supine corner, and Phlegmatic Supine and Phlegmatic Sanguine are basically inbetween Supine and Sanguine (the full map is here: http://www.erictb.info/ryanarno.png). PM is out, because while also ambiverted, it is fully directive, and that you don't identify with; what you do identify with are the Phlegmatic traits, which can be found in pretty much any of the Phlegmatic blends. CP also, while fully extroverted and moderately directive, you don;t identify with the higher expressiveness than responsiveness (the whole "leading people on" thing).

So it looks like the PS/PG range is a good bet. That's why you seem torn between E and I.
7 is more Sanguine, but when I first read about Enneagram, I thought 2 sounded like PS/PG (ambiverted, compared to the extroverted 7, and the introverted 4 and 6), and isn't that a type you mentioned? Though I'm not really pushing my ideas on the Enneagram/temperament correlation right now.
With the ranges you're giving , somewhere in the 4 ,5, 6 range still sounds likely.

In Control, I would expect NT to fall into the Choleric range, though many don't identify. The traits are generally tempered away by the Supine in the other areas. You did have PC, and the other ones are basically the kind of stuff other INTP's often pick for Control.

So ANTP would seem to fit, but to really determine E/I (since MBTI doesn't recognize A), you would need to now determine the dominant function, between Ti and Ne. That's going to be more pertinent than other systems, and it has to be one or the other.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So it looks like the PS/PG range is a good bet. That's why you seem torn between E and I.

What is the PS/PG range?

7 is more Sanguine, but when I first read about Enneagram, I thought 2 sounded like PS/PG (ambiverted, compared to the extroverted 7, and the introverted 4 and 6), and isn't that a type you mentioned?

I score very low on and do not really see myself as a 2.

So ANTP would seem to fit, but to really determine E/I (since MBTI doesn't recognize A), you would need to now determine the dominant function, between Ti and Ne.

Yep, that looks like what I need to go back to. I'll go back to my other thread for that.

That's going to be more pertinent than other systems, and it has to be one or the other.

Darn, I was afraid of that. I was hoping to be both, or maybe a zNtP^57. That one works but 'tis not part of the system.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is the PS/PG range?
Phlegmatic Supine/Phlegmatic sanGuine
They're both together in the "moderate expressiveness" (ambiverted) range between Sanguine and Supine.
I score very low on and do not really see myself as a 2.
OK, so forget that idea.
Forgot to mention that you do seem to score high on 8, and that is another evidence of Choleric/NT

Yep, that looks like what I need to go back to. I'll go back to my other thread for that.

Darn, I was afraid of that. I was hoping to be both, or maybe a zNtP^57. That one works but 'tis not part of the system.
I tried to completely integrate ambiversion into type (the 76 or 81 type concept), but it doesn't seem to work. The ego chooses either an internal or external orientation, and then one dominant function, so it can't be two functions, or an "inbetween" orientation.
What "ambiversion" might be is an increased openness to the opposite orientation, which would lead to a strong auxiliary, perhaps, or maybe a strong "oppositional/backup" (the dom. function with the opposite orientation.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Me..... A Three?

Weirdly... I think I could be. It is usually in the top 3 of my results, so I figured I'd check it out, and a couple things struck me.

One of the reasons that a while back I thought I could be a four is because I put a whole lot of emphasis on being out of the ordinary so that I bring awesome (something of worth) to the world. But it seems that this is actually more of a 3 thing than of 4.

Less so nowadays, but through a lot of my time at school I was really focused on doing well academically, even if most of the time it didn't work out that way (still procrastinated on homework all the time).

I care more about my image and being liked than I would like to admit to myself.

But it was this thing I found here http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/typethree.asp that really tipped me off:

"Thus, the fundamental dilemma of Threes is that they have not been allowed to be who they really are and to manifest their own authentic qualities. At a young age, they got the message that they were not allowed to have feelings and be themselves: they must, in effect, be someone else to be accepted. To some degree, all of the personality types have been sent the same message, but because of their particular background and makeup, Threes not only heard it, they began to live by it. The attention they received by performing in a certain way was their oxygen, and they needed it to breathe. Unfortunately, it came at a high price."

I remember being very little and already being really frustrated that I had not achieved awesome things yet, and annoyed that I couldn't be myself as long as I was dependent on the adults, so I sort of hid myself, became what I needed to be temporarily, zoned out in front of the TV a lot, withdrew from most people, and waited things out. But that "temporary performance" lasted about 10 years, and now at semi-independence I am left a drained and confused person, not to mention more serious problems.

Even with all this though, I still relate a lot of what the type 7 is about. I think I could even a be a 4, 5, or 6 as well. So how do I tell? Is there anything key about the type 3 that I am missing that I should look into?

*takes a little bow* :D