• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try me

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've deduced you as an INFP from your avatar alone.

KDude

heh actually it looks like me.

but yeh, i'm feelin a bit emo. i tuned my guitar in an open minor G as well. love the "sad chords". :violin:

KDude

the only thing i should add is that i've played many roles that don't seem very... "infp-like". i grew up a nice kid, fairly sociable, not incredibly popular or anything.. but i took it upon myself to be very defensive (either for myself or others)..and there was really no choice in my environment. some people's asses needed to be beat. the thing is... i realized how much that worked that i ended up abusing this awareness of "strength" as i grew older.

so.. what i'm sayin' is, a big part of trying to come to grips with mbti is wondering which type has the capacity for turning into a bully. because i became one.

not only that, but i ended up kind of being a gangbanger at one point. i never got rolled in, but i spent a lot of time with the latin kings in my teens. serious enough shit that a good deal of these friends are long gone, murdered, or serving sentences for murder, rape, and the like. i got out quick once i started seeing guns and shit, but i did enjoy the infamous rep i had with just fighting, drugs and such. i think i was more or less a nice guy once you got to know me, but you know.. wtf kind of infp would have this history? :\

i feel severely broken for many reasons, but i'm not sure it's about emo-ness, idealism, romanticism. it's guilt, loss of potential.. shame. and a need to make things right nowadays.

secondly, i've done other things i think infps might find unthinkable. i really believe i'm a romantic at heart, but sometimes my senses get the best of me. i might be at a party or something..notice some girl digs me..and start whispering sweet naughty nothings in her ear.. which isn't so bad, but the real kicker is, her husband is standing right there 5 feet away, and i'm kind of getting off on the rush (i don't make a habit of this btw, but it's happened a few times). i'm not sure if this is "characteristic" of me, or just, like, isolated kamikaze moves. or maybe simply horny-ness :rolleyes: i'd think an infp would check themselves though, y'know?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the only thing i should add is that i've played many roles that don't seem very... "infp-like". i grew up a nice kid, fairly sociable, not incredibly popular or anything.. but i took it upon myself to be very defensive (either for myself or others)..and there was really no choice in my environment. some people's asses needed to be beat. the thing is... i realized how much that worked that i ended up abusing this awareness of "strength" as i grew older.

so.. what i'm sayin' is, a big part of trying to come to grips with mbti is wondering which type has the capacity for turning into a bully. because i became one.

not only that, but i ended up kind of being a gangbanger at one point. i never got rolled in, but i spent a lot of time with the latin kings in my teens. serious enough shit that a good deal of these friends are long gone, murdered, or serving sentences for murder, rape, and the like. i got out quick once i started seeing guns and shit, but i did enjoy the infamous rep i had with just fighting, drugs and such. i think i was more or less a nice guy once you got to know me, but you know.. wtf kind of infp would have this history? :\

i feel severely broken for many reasons, but i'm not sure it's about emo-ness, idealism, romanticism. it's guilt, loss of potential.. shame. and a need to make things right nowadays.

secondly, i've done other things i think infps might find unthinkable. i really believe i'm a romantic at heart, but sometimes my senses get the best of me. i might be at a party or something..notice some girl digs me..and start whispering sweet naughty nothings in her ear.. which isn't so bad, but the real kicker is, her husband is standing right there 5 feet away, and i'm kind of getting off on the rush (i don't make a habit of this btw, but it's happened a few times). i'm not sure if this is "characteristic" of me, or just, like, isolated kamikaze moves. or maybe simply horny-ness :rolleyes: i'd think an infp would check themselves though, y'know?

:shocking: wow, I see you've gone through a bit. That stuff might make it harder to type yourself. Did you ever just tag along, or were you an instigator? You seem too assertive to be an INFP.

KDude

i was very tempted to come back and delete that. heh.. gotta keep it real, i guess.

thanks for the question.. i was the instigator, but like i said, it was a time when things were very "petty", low level aggressive or criminal behavior (fights, egging people on to get into them, burglary).

one of my good friends then though who, for all intents and purposes, exuded much more confidence and appeared to be an alpha/lead type, used to tell me i was "too cocky" -- he never once got into fights himself. it was like he commanded more attention without doing a thing. i bought into it myself, and i was always kind of cowering with him (and maybe i was right in that.. he became the head of the kings in this city for awhile.. like literal crime boss and shit. he's been in prison since though, and is crippled in one leg. his story is pretty much over with). the point i guess i'm trying to make though is that i while i was an instigator, i guess i could be a little intimidated by more self-confident people (even if they might have been full of shit heh).

anyways, maybe all of this stuff is beyond the scope of mbti. maybe i should pay attention to who i am now.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i was very tempted to come back and delete that. heh.. gotta keep it real, i guess.

thanks for the question.. i was the instigator, but like i said, it was a time when things were very "petty", low level aggressive or criminal behavior (fights, egging people on to get into them, burglary).

one of my good friends then though who, for all intents and purposes, exuded much more confidence and appeared to be an alpha/lead type, used to tell me i was "too cocky" -- he never once got into fights himself. it was like he commanded more attention without doing a thing. i bought into it myself, and i was always kind of cowering with him (and maybe i was right in that.. he became the head of the kings in this city for awhile.. like literal crime boss and shit. he's been in prison since though, and is crippled in one leg. his story is pretty much over with). the point i guess i'm trying to make though is that i while i was an instigator, i guess i could be a little intimidated by more self-confident people (even if they might have been full of shit heh).

anyways, maybe all of this stuff is beyond the scope of mbti. maybe i should pay attention to who i am now.

Fairly confident that you're a perciever, that's for sure :yes:

You'd think that the choices you've made would hint at your type (F/T), that the way you've gathered info would indicate S/N, and how you use it would indicate J/P and E/I.

Do you put in much effort when it comes to keeping in touch with friends or going out in your spare time? (that's what they mean by ENERGY when they tell you that extroverts gain energy from social interaction) If you're an EP, I can garantee that you'd want to satisfy that Pe a fair bit ;).

I think that you could definitely be an intuitive, I don't have much proof though.

Chloe

?

this (bolded) sounds more like enneagram 8 or counter phobic 6, than any mbti type.. so i wouldnt confuse it with mbti.

from all else i'd be sure only of FP part. if you're S you're definately balanced on that part...

KDude

Fairly confident that you're a perciever, that's for sure :yes:

You'd think that the choices you've made would hint at your type (F/T), that the way you've gathered info would indicate S/N, and how you use it would indicate J/P and E/I.

Do you put in much effort when it comes to keeping in touch with friends or going out in your spare time? (that's what they mean by ENERGY when they tell you that extroverts gain energy from social interaction) If you're an EP, I can garantee that you'd want to satisfy that Pe a fair bit ;).

I think that you could definitely be an intuitive, I don't have much proof though.

Yeah, I need to get out a bit.. If there's one thing that remains a consistent complaint is that I feel like I have nothing to do on some days/that I want meet cool people/that this would be better if so and so was here, etc.. "fun" is usually seen through the lens of getting people involved. It doesn't always work out that way (for various reasons), so I've learned to accept more solitary activities. But too much will kick in depression.

I'm very F (Fi).. I can make many impulsive decisions not driven by logic (say, with spending), I have sympathy and it will override what choice I make with someone... And I cried at the end of Ghost, for crissake. "I love you Molly! I've always always loved you." :blush:

I'll have to think more on whether I'm N or not.

edit: thx chloe.. i'll read up on the 8. i thought i was a 6w7, but maybe not.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this (bolded) sounds more like enneagram 8 or counter phobic 6, than any mbti type.. so i wouldnt confuse it with mbti.

from all else i'd be sure only of FP part. if you're S you're definately balanced on that part...

That's an odd combination, Fi & Enneagram 8... It's possible, oh and Kyuuyi is an ENFP 8.

Yeah, I need to get out a bit.. If there's one thing that remains a consistent complaint is that I feel like I have nothing to do on some days/that I want meet cool people/that this would be better if so and so was here, etc.. "fun" is usually seen through the lens of getting people involved. It doesn't always work out that way (for various reasons), so I've learned to accept more solitary activities. But too much will kick in depression.

I'm very F (Fi).. I can make many impulsive decisions not driven by logic (say, with spending), I have sympathy and it will override what choice I make with someone... And I cried at the end of Ghost, for crissake. "I love you Molly! I've always always loved you." :blush:

I'll have to think more on whether I'm N or not.

edit: thx chloe.. i'll read up on the 8. i thought i was a 6w7, but maybe not.

I'd swear I read somewhere that counterphobic 6 is more likely to have a 5 wing... I'm not totally sure about that.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it's possible to be ESFP and INFP and enneagram 8. and stigmatica (from INTPc) is also ENFP 8 ...:)

Oh really? I would have never picked that :D

Chloe

Oh really? I would have never picked that :D

what?
that stig is 8?

ahaha.. yeah he sounds softy, but he's an 8. :yes:

or other thing i wrote ? well.... i am tired of bs that "X's cant be Y enneagram type":steam:

edit: interesting info : both stig and kyuuei are ENFPs and 8s that were/are in military :yes: haahah! i love when i see something like that

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what?
that stig is 8?

ahaha.. yeah he sounds softy, but he's an 8. :yes:

That's exactly what I meant :yes:

or other thing i wrote ? well.... i am tired of bs that "X's cant be Y enneagram type":steam:

Everyone seems to think that's the case. It's just that probablility is quite a reliable way to type people, like you could guess that an INFP is a 4 and you'd be right most of the time. If I don't have much to go by, I'd prefer to pick a type that is most likely to fit, and try that out, if it's not right, it'll sort itself out later. :headphne:

edit: interesting info : both stig and kyuuei are ENFPs and 8s that were/are in military :yes: haahah! i love when i see something like that

wow :huh: that's crazy!

KDude

i read up on 8 and it isn't exactly me. they are (at least when healthy) superbly admirable and confident.. but i am definitely a 6... one who cycles between phobic and counterphobic. oddly, and rather conveniently i might add, the counterphobic 6 can appear to be an "8". and the phobic 6 can appear to be 4 (which might explain some of the emo-ness).

the general anxiety, external security oriented, and self questioning theme of the 6 is me though. it's unbelievable how so much of my behavior (stuff in my adult life too... not just the past) is explained by it.

6 is said to be associated with Fi too.. not to mention, they are considered ambiverts.

*sigh* anyways, i think i've come full circle. i'm esfp. :)

lol.. not exactly me, but i think henry rollins is the VERY strange beast that is the ESTP 6w7

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9S5-EB8dR8"]henry hates dating[/youtube]

Chloe

so when you were being a bully you were acting out of fear ? (denying fear)... that's where counter phobic 6 is 8-like.

actually to me you do sound a little bit more SFP than NFP. I/E i dont know...

and yeah, you said you score 2nd highest on 9, so 6 is logical bc it's connected to 9.. but i just throw possibility out there of 8 ... bc you never know.

then ESFP.. cool....... :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i read up on 8 and it isn't exactly me. they are (at least when healthy) superbly admirable and confident.. but i am definitely a 6... one who cycles between phobic and counterphobic. oddly, and rather conveniently i might add, the counterphobic 6 can appear to be an "8". and the phobic 6 can appear to be 4 (which might explain some of the emo-ness).

the general anxiety, external security oriented, and self questioning theme of the 6 is me though. it's unbelievable how so much of my behavior (stuff in my adult life too... not just the past) is explained by it.

6 is said to be associated with Fi too.. not to mention, they are considered ambiverts.

*sigh* anyways, i think i've come full circle. i'm esfp. :)

lol.. not exactly me, but i think henry rollins is the VERY strange beast that is the ESTP 6w7

[youtube="W9S5-EB8dR8"]henry hates dating[/youtube]

that video was great and i had no idea he did stand up.

KDude

so when you were being a bully you were acting out of fear ? (denying fear)... that's where counter phobic 6 is 8-like.

actually to me you do sound a little bit more SFP than NFP. I/E i dont know...

and yeah, you said you score 2nd highest on 9, so 6 is logical bc it's connected to 9.. but i just throw possibility out there of 8 ... bc you never know.

then ESFP.. cool....... :)

oh god.. yeah, i'd do horrible bullyish things that were so full of just me not wanting to look bad, fearful of being humiliated.. anxious about doing them, but yet diving in and doing the bad deed.

i'd say though that even at my "noblest", i was still a 6. LOL... i think one of my first big childhood fights was a classic example of lashing out at authority in a 6 sort of way. there was a sort of "leader" of our little bike group back then.. he was 2 yrs older than the rest of us, and while we respected him, it grated on me how he belittled us in some ways. oh, and he ALWAYS had to ride ahead of everyone. like it really mattered to him that he was "visually" in the lead.

one day we were fooling around, and i'm not what sparked it off.. but i got tired of him and kicked him off his bike. he got up and we were bouncing around a bit, and then i knocked him on his ass again. pretty much end of story.. the next day was sort of cool though because he bought me tacos and kissed my ass :laugh: the other "six" thing about this is that i never cared to take the lead of the group myself.

i don't want to get into worse stories.. thought that one was funny though ;)

KDude

i like the bit where he talks about IF he could just that right woman to be sure about, he'd start washing her windows and stuff. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you feel like an SFP to me... just saying... you probably have high Ne (it is possible :holy:) but you give off an S feel :)