• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type might I be?

WarlockSprig

I'm very opposed to structure. I hate being confined to working within a time frame. Nearly anything that I plan tends to be open-ended and subject to change. I gravitate towards smaller groups of people that I associate with. I absolutely hate public speaking. I'm disorganized when it comes to my own things, but have somewhat of a compulsion to clean and organize nearly everything else. I occasionally act on things without asking how others would feel about it. I can be a little impulsive.. such as when I decided on a whim that I wanted to move 2800 miles away without having secured a job or transportation first. I ended up selling the car I bought 7 months prior. High School was rather boring and not really much of a challenge for the most part. I got kicked out of one of my classes for sleeping, but already had enough credits for that particular subject so i didn't care. I dropped and picked up classes arranging the bulk of my free time at the end of the day allowing me to get out 2 hours early if i wanted, but I usually stuck around the guidance office to sleep. I graduated with ease despite my severe lack of motivation. When I was first learning to jump rope I was always tripping myself up. I eventually got frustrated and tried doing it backwards instead, which to my surprise was a lot easier for me. Not seeing the rope made it easier for me to concentrate on the timing. I occasionally analyze movies or anime for characters that seem to react similarly to myself as a means of self-reflection. Most people seem to find me really easy to talk to. I can't stand doing things for the sake of tradition. I find that i'm attracted to people with problems. I suppose feeling that helping them would enable some sense of self-worth. People that are overly polite tends to be something i usually find to be offensive since it makes me feel like it's a precursor to deception. I can be attention seeking at times. I'm not really a fan of sports. I have an annoying tendency to try and correct people whenever I perceive a mistake has been made. I almost never initiate a conversation usually keeping to myself and only replying to things when spoken to. I hate receiving gifts since people always stare at me expecting some emotional reaction. I'm very guarded as to what i'm feeling and very rarely let anyone know. Drawing is one of few means of self-expression i've explored. I have no real attachment to anything. I'm willing to sacrifice nearly anything for a goal. Sentimentality seems useless. I try to be tactful and diplomatic with most people. Avoiding conflict where possible. I quit one of my jobs some 11 years ago or so due to a schedule conflict to spend time with my girlfriend. I'm not really the type that likes to party. I have an interest in history and spend time every now and then researching this and that. Psychology is another interest of mine trying to understand people and their motivations.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
Um...

I'd say, in order of likelyhood: INTP, INTJ, ISTP, ISTJ.

But then again, I'm pretty crap at typing people.

Out of curiosity, what do you think you are?

WarlockSprig

7 years ago there were a couple guys that wandered into our house while everyone else was sleeping and made their way to my room. At first I thought they might have been friends of one of my brothers, but the way they were reacting and their apparent age said otherwise. I used part of their conversation as an excuse to move myself and them towards the living room and thus closer to the door. They were occasionally asking if we had any drugs or alcohol. I held my hands behind me as I watched over them. They cowered saying not to shoot them, however, I wasn't going to correct them stating that not only did i not have a gun but was also unarmed. Doing so would likely have only presented an opportunity for them to become more hostile. One of them had been using cards as a trick to somehow prove he was 'psychic', which i looked on with a great deal of skepticism yet pretending to believe it to some degree. I tried to keep the noise level in the house down so as not to wake anyone. It would have been much more difficult to coordinate a charade with more people involved and not being able to tell them what was going on. Eventually they left. Upon telling my friend what happened he said I was in real danger and could very well have been murdered. I didn't really think much of it at the time.

WarlockSprig

Of the profiles.. INTP seems like it may be the closest. I'd love to hear counter arguments though. I'm curious if I would have turned out to be more extroverted had I not moved so much growing up. I moved somewhere around 9 times by the time I was 10 (at least half of which were moves out of state) and moved a few times since then. Having always lost friends in the process I detached myself from letting anyone get too close.

WarlockSprig

I'm surprised I didn't catch it sooner. The INTJ profile was listed twice. I found another site to explain INFJ, which seems to have just as much in common with me as the INTP profile.

WarlockSprig

I wouldn't discount the possibility of Schizophrenia, but i'd like to know what brought you to that conclusion. However, regardless of whether it's true or not it has no basis on determining one's personality type.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
It does, since you would first have to distinguish between traits that are a part of your personality and traits that are just symptoms of schizophrenia.

And this is why:
7 years ago there were a couple guys that wandered into our house while everyone else was sleeping and made their way to my room. At first I thought they might have been friends of one of my brothers, but the way they were reacting and their apparent age said otherwise. I used part of their conversation as an excuse to move myself and them towards the living room and thus closer to the door. They were occasionally asking if we had any drugs or alcohol. I held my hands behind me as I watched over them. They cowered saying not to shoot them, however, I wasn't going to correct them stating that not only did i not have a gun but was also unarmed. Doing so would likely have only presented an opportunity for them to become more hostile. One of them had been using cards as a trick to somehow prove he was 'psychic', which i looked on with a great deal of skepticism yet pretending to believe it to some degree. I tried to keep the noise level in the house down so as not to wake anyone. It would have been much more difficult to coordinate a charade with more people involved and not being able to tell them what was going on. Eventually they left. Upon telling my friend what happened he said I was in real danger and could very well have been murdered. I didn't really think much of it at the time.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm not offering to answer the question in your thread title, no good at that.

But,

I have a friend who's a whole lot like you. Once packed up and moved to another part of the country without having a job, just knowing they'd get one, not only get one, but get a particular one. They did. Never even considered that it wouldn't happen.

Probably 90 percent of the rest of what you wrote describes my friend, so I'm interested in how others type you.

Regarding the incident where you 'should' have been frightened but weren't . . . Fear reactions (or lack of) occur on a scale, affected by all sorts of things, genetics, upbringing, experiences, spirituality or worldview. A reaction that makes one person think of schizophrenia might make another think of a Taoist master. :)

WarlockSprig

Of things possibly related to Schizophrenia.. i can be extremely moody at times, my thinking is very disorganized and on very rare occasions ever since i was 13 i've had what I assume are auditory hallucinations. I had no control over what I was hearing in my head and it would constantly repeat itself. I ended up listening to music in an almost ritualistic manner to distract myself just so i could sleep. Oddly they only surfaced when I was alone. The context of the voices lead me to believe they're based on content from religion. As a child I would constantly get in trouble for sleeping in church. I hated feeling like people were forcing their beliefs on me.