• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So I lied...

G

Glycerine

When I first took this test as little kid, I kept getting ESTJ. I thought I was an INTP, INFJ, and ENFJ. Sometimes, I wonder if I am really a S. From my posts, vibe, and such, what type do you guys think I am?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there's nothing wrong with being an S if you can identify with it! Hanging out with some of the sensors on here will give you a better idea of how both sides function some :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pitseleh... I never saw the N in you. I think you're an intelligent S that labeled themselves N because of how they scored on a test; and because of comfirmation bias. What do you think of ESFJ as a possibility for your type?

G

Glycerine

Pitseleh... I never saw the N in you. I think you're an intelligent S that labeled themselves N because of how they scored on a test; and because of comfirmation bias. What do you think of ESFJ as a possibility for your type?
possibly, BC. The thing is I was comparing myself to ESFJ dad and all the other ESFJs I know and I just seem to be on a completely different planet than them. it might just be that I have a different enneagram or like you said I am a smart S... lol. Do you see tert. Ne and Si in me?

Things that relate to Si= I have a really good memory for certain things (I remember the most obscure facts about people, people), I think about the past a lot (become nostalgic). I talk more in a concrete fashion.

Things that relate to Ni: I am really drawn to concepts and like discussing ideas and theories.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How old were you when you took the test as a "kid"? I don't think most children will be developed enough & know themselves well enough to test accurately.... I tested INTP as a teen, and Feeling never occurred to me as an option at the time.

I personally can't say S/N for you based on your posts. I'd have to look back & analyze them, and I have a feeling I'd just come away thinking "Fe".

I know it's a generalization, but you've said you get along pretty effortlessly with INFPs, and that seems more inline with ENFJs. The S/N dynamic changes things up a lot with the Fe-doms and INFPs. I notice that ESFJs tend to find INFPs nutjobs and tolerate them at best. It took my ESFJ grandma 26 years of intense bonding to accept my personality, and it takes most ENFJs I've met 5 minutes of casual conversation to grasp where I'm coming from. Maybe this is just my experience, but I felt the need to state it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't read your posts; can you give some info about why you might be an S/N?

G

Glycerine

^ LOL, thanks simulatedworld ... I feel the love. :) I am not sure how to provide info without completely skewing the results. I already know so much about the functions that know how to manipulate it. I was kind of going the the off the fact that I get along w/ N's esp. INXP and ENTJs better than S's (well, I get along w/ ISFPs really well). That might be not be the best way to go about it.

G

Glycerine

How old were you when you took the test as a "kid"? I don't think most children will be developed enough & know themselves well enough to test accurately.... I tested INTP as a teen, and Feeling never occurred to me as an option at the time.

I personally can't say S/N for you based on your posts. I'd have to look back & analyze them, and I have a feeling I'd just come away thinking "Fe".

I know it's a generalization, but you've said you get along pretty effortlessly with INFPs, and that seems more inline with ENFJs. The S/N dynamic changes things up a lot with the Fe-doms and INFPs. I notice that ESFJs tend to find INFPs nutjobs and tolerate them at best. It took my ESFJ grandma 26 years of intense bonding to accept my personality, and it takes most ENFJs I've met 5 minutes of casual conversation to grasp where I'm coming from. Maybe this is just my experience, but I felt the need to state it.
I think 5 but the funny part is I kept testing as a S for the longest time UNTIL I learned a lot about MBTI. I tested as ESTJ, ISFJ, and ISXP BEFORE I knew anything about this. One possibility about liking INFPs, I think is that the two biggest influences when I was younger were INFPs.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ LOL, thanks simulatedworld ... I feel the love. :) I am not sure how to provide info without completely skewing the results. I already know so much about the functions that know how to manipulate it. I was kind of going the the off the fact that I get along w/ N's esp. INXP and ENTJs better than S's (well, I get along w/ ISFPs really well). That might be not be the best way to go about it.

Explain some things about the way your life is structured, what is important to you, what you do for a living, what you think are the most important things in life, what you do in your spare time, what are your core values, etc.

G

Glycerine

Explain some things about the way your life is structured, what is important to you, what you do for a living, what you think are the most important things in life, what you do in your spare time, what are your core values, etc.

Structure: Wake up, bathe, school, think of what i have to do that day, then do what I feel like doing, procrastinate like crazy, then do what I really need to do for the day, eat sometime during the day.

Important things to me: Accepting, understanding, and respecting others, being a good person (hopefully, I'm not sanctimonious w/ that though), being able think critically and not just accepting the status quo. Being understood and accepted.

Career goals: I want to help people through counseling and minor in statistics to help me w/ any possible research.

Spare time: watch tv, analyze, think about anything that piqued my interest that day. Then I will possibly research the topic on the internet. Hang out w/ people.

Core Values: Respect people, know basic social boundaries, don't be a moron... be logical, try to accept individual differences, and analyze the different possibilities before making a definite judgement (although, I am not always the best at this).

What functions does this sound like?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Structure: Wake up, bathe, school, think of what i have to do that day, then do what I feel like doing, procrastinate like crazy, then do what I really need to do for the day, eat sometime during the day.

Sounds kind of P-ish, but might be IxxJ. Probably not ExxJ.

Important things to me: Accepting, understanding, and respecting others, being a good person (hopefully, I'm not sanctimonious w/ that though), being able think critically and not just accepting the status quo. Being understood and accepted.

Sounds very Fi.

Career goals: I want to help people through counseling and minor in statistics to help me w/ any possible research.

Sounds very F (could be Fi or Fe depending on other variables.)

Spare time: watch tv, analyze, think about anything that piqued my interest that day. Then I will possibly research the topic on the internet. Hang out w/ people.

Sounds pretty NP.

Core Values: Respect people, know basic social boundaries, don't be a moron... be logical, try to accept individual differences, and analyze the different possibilities before making a definite judgement (although, I am not always the best at this).

I'm going with NFP of some sort.

Do you think you are more focused on exploring new random possibilities or on maintaining loyalty to your values/trying to be a moral example for others?

G

Glycerine

I like possibilities more than being a moral example for others. People have their own morals, I don't need to set an example.

Could enneagram have anything to do w/ this? I think I'm 3w4.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What functions does this sound like?

I don't see any of this at odds with ExFJ.

What is your social life like? How do you maintain relationships?

Do feel any sense of idealism? Do you think about how things could be in the future, especially improvements, or do you think more about meeting immediate needs?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like possibilities more than being a moral example for others. People have their own morals, I don't need to set an example.

Could enneagram have anything to do w/ this? I think I'm 3w4.

Bolded sounds very Fi to me. Most Fe types, as they are connected to the collective standards of the cultures with which they identify, seem to feel a responsibility to provide a living example of good behavior, in part to help others learn what is good vs. bad behavior.

Enneatype 3 can easily be INFP, ENFJ or ESFJ, or several others. iirc, most EFJs are 1 or 2, but then most IFPs are 4 or 9. So it's hard to say...3 is sort of like 6 in that it can turn up people from a wide variety of different MBTI types, but the 4 wing could potentially point toward Fi use.

G

Glycerine

I don't see any of this at odds with ExFJ.

What is your social life like? How do you maintain relationships?

Do feel any sense of idealism? Do you think about how things could be in the future, especially improvements, or do you think more about meeting immediate needs?

My social life is lacking but I somehow end up talking to one person or another on a regular basis. I sometimes forget about people but i try to check in w/ people every once in awhile.

I guess I do feel a sense of idealism but I try to keep it in realistic terms.
I think of long term goals more than the immediate. Whenever I try to meet immediate needs, I usually screw up somehow.

G

Glycerine

Bolded sounds very Fi to me. Most Fe types, as they are connected to the collective standards of the cultures with which they identify, seem to feel a responsibility to provide a living example of good behavior, in part to help others learn what is good vs. bad behavior.

Enneatype 3 can easily be INFP, ENFJ or ESFJ, or several others. iirc, most EFJs are 1 or 2, but then most IFPs are 4 or 9. So it's hard to say...3 is sort of like 6 in that it can turn up people from a wide variety of different MBTI types, but the 4 wing could potentially point toward Fi use.
hmm... this really interesting. I never considered the possibility that I might have strong Fi.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So let's explore Fi vs. Fe.

Describe your idea of morality, please. What constitutes moral vs. immoral action, and what moral obligations do you have to whom?

G

Glycerine

Morals aren't absolute. I believe that they are very context-based. For example, killing another person is a bad thing but it may be necessary for self-defense. Another example, abortion may be iffy but if both the mother and baby are going to die, I would rather kill the unborn baby to save the mother.

Moral: following your conscious
Immoral: actions with known evil intent/purpose or doing something heinous with absolutely no purpose.

I have a moral obligation to others and myself to be a good person.