• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Now it makes sense!

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
When I first did the MBTI test I came out as ESTJ. I have been wondering for some time now why that was. I think the whole ESTJ thing makes sense if I look my life back according to congnitive styles theory. According that theory different cognitive styles develop at different times in a persons life. (Did I get this right?)

So, when I first tested myself as ESTJ in my twenties, it was because that was definitely my Te time in life. Te is the primary function of ESTJ! So, when doing the MBTI test, I was just recognizing what was my developing cognitive style at that time.

I'm happy with this conclusion. I was ENFP all along and just developing my Te.. :party2:

Last edited:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'm happy for you. :hi:

You certainly spell like an ENFP. I don't think "sence' or "conlusion" are even words. :D

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ

You certainly spell like an ENFP. I don't think "sence' or "conlusion" are even words. :D
True. There's something about how ExFPs type...not sure what is.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:ninja: nothing wrong with spelling badly!

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
When I first did the MBTI test I came out as ESTJ. I have been wondering for some time now why that was. I think the whole ESTJ thing makes sence if I look my life back according to congnitive styles theory. According that theory different cognitive styles develop at different times in a persons life. (Did I get this right?)

So, when I first tested myself as ESTJ in my twenties, it was because that was definitely my Te time in life. Te is the primary function of ESTJ! So, when doing the MBTI test, I was just recognizing what was my developing cognitive style at that time.

I'm happy with this conlusion. I was ENFP all along and just developing my Te.. :party2:

You're pointing out something important that is interesting in psychological type theory.

In many personality theories, personality is rather static. But when it comes to psychological type, theorists have a dynamic view and have postulated that people develop their personality at different moments in their lives.

Studies show that there is a rather strong correlation between personality measures at different points in adulthood. However, it is not perfect, and the remainer of the variance is not explained. The usage of different attitudes/functions may explain it. This is something that has never been tested in my knowledge but that seems worthy of doing so. The question remains open until further investigation.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I forgot to check out the spelling... :doh: I'm good in making typos! :smile:
..and my excuse is always that I'm not native english speaker :redface:
(as if I didn't make lots of spelling mistakes in my native language... :whistling: )

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oooh- where are you from? :D (if you don't mind me asking!)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I forgot to check out the spelling... :doh: I'm good in making typos! :smile:
..and my excuse is always that I'm not native english speaker :redface:
(as if I didn't make lots of spelling mistakes in my native language... :whistling: )

Oh yeah, bring out the "English is not my native language." excuse! :steam:

:doh:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I fixed the spelling error in the thread title. :blush: I hope you don't mind.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I fixed the spelling error in the thread title. :blush: I hope you don't mind.

Thanks! I don't mind.
(I always write sence....sense wrong. :D )
And now I'm going to correct my spelling in the original post. :D

Oh yeah, bring out the "English is not my native language." excuse! :steam:

:doh:

:D

oooh- where are you from? :D (if you don't mind me asking!)

I live in Europe. :D