• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

esfp or enfp? honestlyyy

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
this is because she would get very frustrated when I wouldn't regularly clean my side of the room

Nobody wants to live in anyone else's filth.

she would be very easy going usually, but she certainly ALWAYS had plans, and she liked to have fun within those plans, if they got changed slightly thats fine

I always have plans, too... that doesn't really mean much. The question is how often does she follow through with her plans :cheese:

she misunderstood me to the point of us deciding it would be better NOT to room together anymore. not that we arent still friends. but actual conversations about something serious? she ignores anything serious, deep, or irrelevant to the current moment.

Sounds like every ENFP that I've ever met...

but dont you think we get a certain vibe from others of the same type whom we meet in person?

No, not always. I usually vibe with people who are the opposite of me - people that have what I lack or admire. That, or people who are slightly different - like my introverted brethren.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Nobody wants to live in anyone else's filth.

Nothing filthy. I would be cluttered. she was being a brat.

I always have plans, too... that doesn't really mean much. The question is how often does she follow through with her plans :cheese:

more often than not

Sounds like every ENFP that I've ever met...

how so?

No, not always. I usually vibe with people who are the opposite of me - people that have what I lack or admire. That, or people who are slightly different - like my introverted brethren.

INFPs are best. we click but dont compete for the spotlight.

:shock:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I don't get the emoticon...

Anyway, what you feel is her being a brat may just have been you not wanting to acknowledge that your clutter was really bothering her. This is what I meant by avoiding any serious conversation - I mean serious conversations that implicate the person in question. Everything is fine and dandy unless you want to talk about something personal about your (collectively) character. I find ENFPs to get very defensive and dismissive, very quickly. Maybe *she* tried to get deep with *you* and felt like you brushed her off, the way you are doing here.

And misunderstanding or misreading is par for the course with the type as well.

Not to say that you guys aren't lovely in other respects, but I don't see how anything you wrote discounts her as an ENFP.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I don't get the emoticon...

Anyway, what you feel is her being a brat may just have been you not wanting to acknowledge that your clutter was really bothering her. This is what I meant by avoiding any serious conversation - I mean serious conversations that implicate the person in question. Everything is fine and dandy unless you want to talk about something personal about your (collectively) character. I find ENFPs to get very defensive and dismissive, very quickly. Maybe *she* tried to get deep with *you* and felt like you brushed her off, the way you are doing here.

And misunderstanding or misreading is par for the course with the type as well.

Not to say that you guys aren't lovely in other respects, but I don't see how anything you wrote discounts her as an ENFP.

she is simply not a very deep person. she says this all the time. its fairly evident.

this doesnt make her an S

but it makes it very hard for me to see her as an N.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ow, Jeno, srsly. You are on the "enfp/entp can't get along" train too?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ow, Jeno, srsly. You are on the "enfp/entp can't get along" train too?

I don't get how you got that out of what I wrote.

Pointing out less than desirable traits in any type doesn't mean I can't get along with someone. No one is perfect.

she is simply not a very deep person. she says this all the time. its fairly evident.

this doesnt make her an S

but it makes it very hard for me to see her as an N.

You didn't address what I wrote.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree that it is best for one to type oneself. It's a journey to self-understanding, after all.

That said, however, it is not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of the thread is to generate possible alternatives to the tested type or to show how the tested type does conform to the reality.

I would suspect ESFJ more if she makes plans and follows through, is sensitive to your messes, etc. ENFP isn't ruled out, mostly because there is a lot of information loss w/r to your reporting your observations, and for the points Oro made, where your specific points don't contradict the ENFP type. Where I'd start really thinking "more J" and especially "SJ" is if she takes notes, uses an organizer, tends to fill her schedule up, and so on. ESFP would still be fairly similar to ENFP, but instead of getting distracted by a bright and shiny idea, she gets distracted by bright and shiny "things."

Sadly, though, there really isn't enough information for us to be certain of her type.

As for a "vibe" when I meet someone of the same type (INTJ), I only sort of get that. Really, I'm not looking for it. In fact, we're both so shielded it's hard to read type, initially. I get vibes from other types, but I use those as building blocks to find a specific type.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Typical ENFP's "ignores anything serious, deep, or irrelevant to the current moment. " ?

Well, it's the truth - it kinda just happened now, didn't it?

Don't make the NF cwy.

Not my intention and definitely not my pleasure. I love my Ne-crazed brothers and sisters!!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP = Marijuana
ESFP = Cocaine or meth :laugh:

I agree. She sounds sorta esfj to me. If she led with Fe, she'd be very into people, but Si would make her more into tradition and a stable environment.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I agree that it is best for one to type oneself. It's a journey to self-understanding, after all.

That said, however, it is not the purpose of this thread. The purpose of the thread is to generate possible alternatives to the tested type or to show how the tested type does conform to the reality.

I would suspect ESFJ more if she makes plans and follows through, is sensitive to your messes, etc. ENFP isn't ruled out, mostly because there is a lot of information loss w/r to your reporting your observations, and for the points Oro made, where your specific points don't contradict the ENFP type. Where I'd start really thinking "more J" and especially "SJ" is if she takes notes, uses an organizer, tends to fill her schedule up, and so on. ESFP would still be fairly similar to ENFP, but instead of getting distracted by a bright and shiny idea, she gets distracted by bright and shiny "things."

Sadly, though, there really isn't enough information for us to be certain of her type.

As for a "vibe" when I meet someone of the same type (INTJ), I only sort of get that. Really, I'm not looking for it. In fact, we're both so shielded it's hard to read type, initially. I get vibes from other types, but I use those as building blocks to find a specific type.

she had her schedule/calender on her wall filled up all year.

this personally made me anxious. too much organization for me :yes:

I don't know if ideas distract her at all, she doesnt really discuss them lol

but bright shiny things can momentarily :cheese:

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
and as an ENFP I thrive off or irrelevent things to the moment

and never ignore ANYTHING serious or deep.

especially not with friends

and deep conversations are my favoriteeee.

why do you say my type does this?

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I agree. She sounds sorta esfj to me. If she led with Fe, she'd be very into people, but Si would make her more into tradition and a stable environment.

yes, this was my actually guess for her

the description seemed to fit her well

she loves people, but she loves tradition and stability.

she also cares more about image and who she hangs out with than the people themselves I feel.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
she had her schedule/calender on her wall filled up all year.

this personally made me anxious. too much organization for me :yes:

I don't know if ideas distract her at all, she doesnt really discuss them lol

but bright shiny things can momentarily :cheese:

Yeah, that would suggest ExFJ to me, and most likely ESFJ, w/r to having the calendar physically present. (S/N typing can be tricky, though, so unless a typical S vs N argument manifests, I wouldn't draw a more definite conclusion on S or N.)

gromit

likes this
It just sort of sounds like you are observing things that you don't like about her and then attempting in every way possible to place her in another category from yourself.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It just sort of sounds like you are observing things that you don't like about her and then attempting in every way possible to place her in another category from yourself.

I think gigi is just trying to resolve the cognitive dissonance. I'd have the same cognitive dissonance if I met an INTJ that sang about butterflies and rainbows and wanted to watch "The Little Mermaid" again.

Just sayin'.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3

probably :yes:

but I dont like these things bc they DO place her in another catagory.

goddammit, I dont want her on my team.