• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing my exboyfriend...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Now, I've attempted to do this in one other thread, but I want to see if everyone else comes up with what i did... out of curiosity and bc he refused to take the test lol

*He liked very few people. He was very, very, very critical.
*He was very snobby about his parents wealth
*He believed in the utmost conservative ideologies and would research them, read articles, and listen to talk radio to keep up to date all time
*He believed shooting poor people was a good idea to get rid of poverty (his sense of humor for you)
*He said the most important things to him were money and the red sox
*He had his own fantasy baseball league... he only did it with himself
*He was extremely secretive
*Had a vicious temper, always knew how to hurt people
*could be loving & silly in private
*did not like public affection
*Had a nervous break down after the break up & threatened suicide
* majoring in finance/accounting
*thought his views were the ONLY correct views
*Impatient, arrogant, very quiet
*always had his work done on time, hated people being late to class
*did not get involved in many activities outside of school
* hobbies involved: fantasy baseball, video games, golfing, and really liked visiting different cities
*choose his college bc "It's in a city, lots of opportunities, its a cool place." and chose it VERY suddenly and it was against all the plans we made to go to school together.
*and lastly... when he was 5 he would wear his mother's fancy church hat and demand everyone call him "Gabriella" when the hat was on. He still tells this story openly, laughing.

so.... ? what are we thinking?

IxTJ. Probably ISTJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I could see an unhealthy INTJ threatening suicide (Honestly, anyone affected enough by the dissolution of a relationship could say and threaten just about anything in that state - regardless of type)

But fantasy baseball, the importance of wealth (and the Red Rox), his priggish attitude and donning his Mother's church hat...

I'd go with ISTJ.

Agree with everything said here. :yes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
i thought fantasy baseball was more N? he created the whole strange league in his head and had it all down on paper and such... it was actually weird

and yes, he wanted wealth, but not materials, just the status of the wealth.

and the weird church hat thing is beyond type. just weird in my opinion lol.

this still sounds isxj-ish?

they say ISTJs have weird, quirky, random senses of humor...

this kinda fits the bill...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah I agree ISxJ for sure.

Not at all. He's like a freakin' ISxJ stereotype. Sorry.

The weird church hat thing is simply the behavior of a child. Him taking pleasure in telling the story again and again gels perfectly with Si dominance.

Unhealthy ISFJs can be quite mean, FTR.

I don't see intuition in him at all. Remember - ISxJs do have inferior Ne, though.

Fantasy sports seems IME to be the almost exclusive domain of S types - S types can have an imagination, too, you know. It's just that they focus it around more tangible things. Imagination is human.

The distance and coldness you described could easily be ISTJ. Also, people with tertiary Fi could easily have an emotional breakdown after a bad break up, so I don't think that guarantees him as an ISFJ at all.

Marm is all over this shit like white on rice...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
he would disagree and say he was a very, very nice person.

though honestly he used to throw the monopoly board across the room when losing and his mother told me this was how he was since a child.

which type is most prone to temper tantrums out of the istj/isfj family?

My dad's an ISTJ, has always had major anger problems, and his older sisters (there are three of them, and they're well older) still talk about how he used to throw "turkey fits" -- as they called them -- throughout his childhood.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
why are exs/unhealthy people so hard to type? lol

i could enneagram him fairly easily. a 1w9. very unhealthy.

but mbti is harder in his case for some reason... i think Im going to go with

IStJ

the obsession with wealth (though not material possessions)
the focus on watching sports and playing golf
the inability to control fi
the overwhelming Te when he was not personally upset
the general lack of Ne
the conviction he was always right, stubborn
and the arrogance/belief most people were dumb/weak

sound about right?

:yes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think Billy brings up a good point with regard to unhealthy ISFJs, and, having read everybody's posts, I'd say ISxJ would be the closest we could accurately guess, but I do think he's probably ISTJ, cuz the problems sound a lot more like shitty tertiary Fi than auxiliary Fe.

Awesome thread, btw.

This community kicks ass...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think Billy brings up a good point with regard to unhealthy ISFJs, and, having read everybody's posts, I'd say ISxJ would be the closest we could accurately guess, but I do think he's probably ISTJ, cuz the problems sound a lot more like shitty tertiary Fi than auxiliary Fe.

Awesome thread, btw.

This community kicks ass...

thank you so much for all your insight! more people can guess too, this is fun :)

How did you go from Ixtj but probably istj

to isxj but probably istj?

what made you definitely rule out N and consider F? if you dont mind, im just curious :)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
thank you so much for all your insight! more people can guess too, this is fun :)

what made you definitely rule out N and consider F? if you dont mind, im just curious :)

Well, when I said IxTJ, I didn't really believe it. I felt ISTJ. I couldn't definitely rule out N, though. When someone else brought up the exact same suspicion that I had (that fantasy sports are the domain of Ss), it was done. Along with several other things. He doesn't seem like an INTJ. Way to erratic, amongst other things.

As for T vs. F: that's more difficult. But I think my explanation kinda summed it up: his erratic behavior sounds more like shitty tertiary Fi...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Well, when I said IxTJ, I didn't really believe it. I felt ISTJ. I couldn't definitely rule out N, though. When someone else brought up the exact same suspicion that I had (that fantasy sports are the domain of Ss), it was done. Along with several other things. He doesn't seem like an INTJ. Way to erratic, amongst other things.

As for T vs. F: that's more difficult. But I think my explanation kinda summed it up: his erratic behavior sounds more like shitty tertiary Fi...

I just didn't get a sense of auxiliary Fe about anything you described...

Jaguar

though honestly he used to throw the monopoly board across the room when losing and his mother told me this was how he was since a child.

which type is most prone to temper tantrums out of the istj/isfj family?

Any human being is capable of throwing an object.
Why anyone would think it's type related is nothing short of ridiculous.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3

what is the difference between tertiary fi and auxilary fe?

the functions concepts are a bit new to me :)

oxymoron

Thats a good question-Im learning about the mbti myself and still figuring out the functions.

About your post, im pretty confident he is an I , S, J . Not sure about F, but I get a slight F vibe.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ

He isnt an N because he doesnt seem to have that N feel to him in what you are describing. Not to insult S's but S's tend to have a more linear progression in how they see things. They see what is relevant to thier wants/needs and defend it rigidly based on things they have learned and or been taught.

Whereas an N would be naturally inclined to see all viewpoints from all sides intuitively and not based as much on stuff they learned... but I am seeing this from a Ni Fe format. I usually liken S vs N like a flashlight vs a lantern.

An S uses a flashlight in the dark to illuminate what is in front of him/her they point it at what they want and where they want to go. whereas an N would use a lantern which casts a ring of light but isn't especially focused on anything in specific.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
He isnt an N because he doesnt seem to have that N feel to him in what you are describing. Not to insult S's but S's tend to have a more linear progression in how they see things. They see what is relevant to thier wants/needs and defend it rigidly based on things they have learned and or been taught.

Whereas an N would be naturally inclined to see all viewpoints from all sides intuitively and not based as much on stuff they learned... but I am seeing this from a Ni Fe format. I usually liken S vs N like a flashlight vs a lantern.

An S uses a flashlight in the dark to illuminate what is in front of him/her they point it at what they want and where they want to go. whereas an N would use a lantern which casts a ring of light but isn't especially focused on anything in specific.

I really, really love this comparison

this makes me happy.

and I agree entirely. He was much, much more of a flash light. You're good. do you think F or T?

anyone want to guess his enneagram based on the info? :)

I was thinking unhealthy 9w1 or 3w4... but I'm totally new to enneagram...