• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing my exboyfriend...

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Now, I've attempted to do this in one other thread, but I want to see if everyone else comes up with what i did... out of curiosity and bc he refused to take the test lol

*He liked very few people. He was very, very, very critical.
*He was very snobby about his parents wealth
*He believed in the utmost conservative ideologies and would research them, read articles, and listen to talk radio to keep up to date all time
*He believed shooting poor people was a good idea to get rid of poverty (his sense of humor for you)
*He said the most important things to him were money and the red sox
*He had his own fantasy baseball league... he only did it with himself
*He was extremely secretive
*Had a vicious temper, always knew how to hurt people
*could be loving & silly in private
*did not like public affection
*Had a nervous break down after the break up & threatened suicide
* majoring in finance/accounting
*thought his views were the ONLY correct views
*Impatient, arrogant, very quiet
*always had his work done on time, hated people being late to class
*did not get involved in many activities outside of school
* hobbies involved: fantasy baseball, video games, golfing, and really liked visiting different cities
*choose his college bc "It's in a city, lots of opportunities, its a cool place." and chose it VERY suddenly and it was against all the plans we made to go to school together.
*and lastly... when he was 5 he would wear his mother's fancy church hat and demand everyone call him "Gabriella" when the hat was on. He still tells this story openly, laughing.

so.... ? what are we thinking?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
he seems a little to mean to be an isfj, and a bit too detached... but perhaps they make colder isfjs =]

Well, obviously your ex-boyfriend doesn't sound that healthy (I suppose that's why he's "ex"); my experience tells me that unhealthy feeling types can be meaner than thinking types, mostly because they harbor more resentment. Check out the unhealthy part of Jung's introverted feeling description, sounds a lot like the description of your ex-BF.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, obviously your ex-boyfriend doesn't sound that healthy (I suppose that's why he's "ex"); my experience tells me that unhealthy feeling types can be meaner than thinking types, mostly because they harbor more resentment. Check out the unhealthy part of Jung's introverted feeling description, sounds a lot like the description of your ex-BF.

The comment here confuses me.... ISFJ is not typically Fi, it's Fe.

In that case, ISTJ is more typically Fi (and it can be a selfish weak form if he's dysfunctional)... he could easily fit into the more maladjusted ISTJ pattern (usually an "average" ISTJ remains disengaged from people altogether, but the worse ones can get aggressively mean, with anger being a predominate emotion).

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
The comment here confuses me.... ISFJ is not typically Fi, it's Fe.

Oh yeah, you know that I use socionics. (well...if you didn't, now you do, ahah)

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
so which is more likely? lol isfj or istj? i is confused.

as far as my opinion of f vs. t... well, he had very strong reactionary emotions, anger, sadness, but he was generally rather distant

and not empathetic at all. especially not when i was upsettt

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very unhealthy ISTJ.
Clarification: by 'very unhealthy', I mean 'asshole'. If he really is the way you described him, that is. Anger may cloud your judgement.

Aphex

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISTJ.
Sounds like a low-average ISTJ schoolmate of mine.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Very unhealthy ISTJ.
Clarification: by 'very unhealthy', I mean 'asshole'. If he really is the way you described him, that is. Anger may cloud your judgement.

Not angry anymore, i wish him all the happiness in the world.

I just believe he was a deeply unstable person despite his obsession with stability.

no one gets an intj vibe?

I thought his rushed changed decision for college seemed more intuitive than practical, but i have no idea, I was more furious with it than willing to analyze why he ruined all our plans lol :yes:

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, definitely not INTJ. Reasons:

*He was very snobby about his parents wealth
*He said the most important things to him were money and the red sox

G

Glycerine

Now, I've attempted to do this in one other thread, but I want to see if everyone else comes up with what i did... out of curiosity and bc he refused to take the test lol

*He liked very few people. He was very, very, very critical.
*He was very snobby about his parents wealth concerned w/ tangible and concrete things... leaning towards S
*He believed in the utmost conservative ideologies and would research them, read articles, and listen to talk radio to keep up to date all time this leans a little more toward S
*He believed shooting poor people was a good idea to get rid of poverty (his sense of humor for you)
*He said the most important things to him were money and the red sox sounds like more tangible concrete wants... leaning toward S
*He had his own fantasy baseball league... he only did it with himself
*He was extremely secretive
*Had a vicious temper, always knew how to hurt people
*could be loving & silly in private
*did not like public affection
* majoring in finance/accounting stereotypically ISTJ laden field.
*thought his views were the ONLY correct views sounds like immature Si....
*Impatient, arrogant, very quiet
*always had his work done on time, hated people being late to class
* hobbies involved: fantasy baseball, video games, golfing, and really liked visiting different cities
*choose his college bc "It's in a city, lots of opportunities, its a cool place." and chose it VERY suddenly and it was against all the plans we made to go to school together.
*and lastly... when he was 5 he would wear his mother's fancy church hat and demand everyone call him "Gabriella" when the hat was on. He still tells this story openly, laughing.

so.... ? what are we thinking?

ISTJ... I don't really see many N-like tendencies. Would he go in depth on a subject for a long time... kind of like beating a dead horse a lot (Ni)? That can be a very surface-level clue that he might be an INTJ.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
ISTJ... I don't really see many N-like tendencies. Would he go in depth on a subject for a long time... kind of like beating a dead horse a lot (Ni)? That can be a very surface-level clue that he might be an INTJ.

yes he would.

but these things tended to be conservative politics and sports

sometimes he would have strong values, but then he'd forget them

he was very concerned with always being right...and everyone else being wrong.

and the breaking down and suicide thing is more of an immature istj thing than an immature intj thing?

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
ISFJ, I live with an ISTJ and my grandfather is an STJ, they say some stupid stuff but tend to see hatred and excessive feelings like hatred as a waste of time and effort. I am thinking a very unhealthy ISFJ and if ISFJs use Fe, I can see that too, I used to use Fe like a weapon all the time when I was much less healthy. The breakdown after the breakup is the clue I am keying in on, I dont know too many ISTJs who fall apart like that, they usually just move on.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
ISFJ, I live with an ISTJ and my grandfather is an STJ, they say some stupid stuff but tend to see hatred and excessive feelings like hatred as a waste of time and effort. I am thinking a very unhealthy ISFJ and if ISFJs use Fe, I can see that too, I used to use Fe like a weapon all the time when I was much less healthy. The breakdown after the breakup is the clue I am keying in on, I dont know too many ISTJs who fall apart like that, they usually just move on.

He did move on, and when he moved on, he cut me out... hence why I can't get him to even take the test or stop ordering me dominos to my dorm room (yes, he acts THAT immature) but he was both

very angry/jealous/depressive

and very un empathetic and very cold to me and my feelings... to anyone and their feelings. he was always so distant.

he would also disagree with me JUST to upset me whether he believed what he said or not

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
He did move on, and when he moved on, he cut me out... hence why I can't get him to even take the test or stop ordering me dominos to my dorm room (yes, he acts THAT immature) but he was both

very angry/jealous/depressive

and very un empathetic and very cold to me and my feelings... to anyone and their feelings. he was always so distant.

he would also disagree with me JUST to upset me whether he believed what he said or not

He is obviously in great internal pain which is why he is doing those things, those are traits of an SFJ I have seen them do things like that before when they were out of their mind. An STJ wouldn't really see that as productive. Being smug about his parents money and his background, are more SFJ traits I have noticed at times, the need to project an image of strength and power based on material things, but in order to feel better about themselves. And STJ would just clean his apartment or something.

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
where are you in new england? totally random, I know but I'm from rhode island haha

anyway, he just thought he was better than every one else for everythinggggg.

are isfjs (unhealthy ones) known for being very rigid, stubborn and cold/not sympathetic?

I dont know any isfjs IRL healthy or not tbh.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I could see an unhealthy INTJ threatening suicide (Honestly, anyone affected enough by the dissolution of a relationship could say and threaten just about anything in that state - regardless of type)

But fantasy baseball, the importance of wealth (and the Red Rox), his priggish attitude and donning his Mother's church hat...

I'd go with ISTJ.