• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Its me the ISTP, nah maybe its INTP

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No...Ti or Ni would be dominant.
Hmmmm, How should I put this....

You can't have Ti and Ni both at the same time without having Te and Ne as well. The transition from dominant Ni-----Ti doesn't work because they are totally different functions however the transition from Ni-----Ne and Ti-----Te works because they are the the introverted and extraverted of the same preference. For and INTJ transition to INTP would be a transition from Ni-----Ne and Te-----Ti so in the end you would have Ni,Ne,Ti and Te all on the same level.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmmm, How should I put this....

You can't have Ti and Ni both at the same time without having Te and Ne as well. The transition from dominant Ni-----Ti doesn't work because they are totally different functions however the transition from Ni-----Ne and Ti-----Te works because they are the the introverted and extraverted of the same preference. For and INTJ transition to INTP would be a transition from Ni-----Ne and Te-----Ti so in the end you would have Ni,Ne,Ti and Te all on the same level.

So an INTX would be Ni--N--Ne and Ti--T--Te. Like a tug of war? If (N/S)x is unknown then (T/F)x is unknown?

I still don't get it. An INTx doesn't mean having Ti and Ni both at the same time, it's either or. The extroverted function will always be auxiliary. The judging dichotomy doesn't decide the arrangement of functions.

But, anyways, What if there is an INTX? A clear introverted NT but an equal P/J?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So an INTX would be Ni--N--Ne and Ti--T--Te. Like a tug of war? If (N/S)x is unknown then (T/F)x is unknown?

I still don't get it. An INTx doesn't mean having Ti and Ni both at the same time, it's either or. The extroverted function will always be auxiliary. The judging dichotomy doesn't decide the arrangement of functions.

But, anyways, What if there is an INTX? A clear introverted NT but an equal P/J?
Pretty much yes. A tug of war. For your second question, no. N/S does not correlate with T/F. It would be the same Xi---X---Xe and Yi---Y---Ye
X=S/N
Y=F/T
Not really. (this may get more confusing) There is usually a dominant. If you use Ni more than Ti but use Ti a lot as well you may well be an INFJ.
If you use Ti more than Ni but use Ni a lot too you may be an ISTP.

rfossr

MBTI Type
INTP
ps you guys/girls are are like experts while im still a rookie at this stuff, thanks for the info

MBTI Type
INFJ
Did you take a look at the interaction styles? vagrant farce posted them in a thread here http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...27-quick-guide-double-checking-your-type.html, and I think this is a MAJOR help in determining between ISTP and INTP..... I have found that directing and informing a hugely different, and not that hard to differentiate if you know them..... it's also really obvious in the gestures of a person, I found that astonishing (I don't have a link, but Berens shows a video of an exercise with which it is REALLY easy to determine if you use directing or informing.....)...

here is the link with the video showing different movements for people using informing vs. directing. I found this to be a revelation:
INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was 8 I tested INTP on a kids test, and then when I was 10 I tested ISTP on an adult test, and I also tested ISTP on an adult test when I was 13, but now I am 18 and I actually tested higher on N than on I, so that would make me INTP ENTP ISTP in order of likelihood of the type I am and I have even condsidered INTJ before so ya just because you tested ISTP does not make you that type. The real way to figure it out is through the rigorous process of self discovery, and also realize that Ni and Ti can commonly get confused with each other so if you think you are using both like I thought for a while you might only be using one of them and confusing it for the other. So overall I would say I as well as the OP are INTP.