• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type confusion...

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I arrived thinking I knew my type and now I am as confused as ever!

I am going to share my test results and then some things about me I think may be relevant. I would love some help along my journey :)

Thanks to all who participate! :) luna~

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/cgi-bin/develop.pl

Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...

- Fi

- Ni

- Fe

- Si

- Se

- Ne

- Te

- Ti

Your Possible Type Code
According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:
Possible result: INFJ

We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type.
Possible result: INFJ

Your Developmental Curve
This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity.

Your self-assessment curve = -3.1

-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.

-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.

Your Most-Used Processes
Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.
Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.

These definitions are the copy protected material of Linda V. Berens and Telos Publications, Huntington Beach, CA and may not be used without the authors express written consent. All other material is the exclusive property of Dario Nardi, 2004 and may not be used without express written consent. Please contact us for permissions.

Your Developmental Report
Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.

Ti,Te,Se,Ne
You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.
Si
You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.
Fe
You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.
Ni
You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.
Fi
You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
The 1st time I took the test, I got:

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 59.38% Extroverted (E) 40.63%
Intuitive (N) 51.52% Sensing (S) 48.48%
Feeling (F) 58.82% Thinking (T) 41.18%
Perceiving (P) 51.35% Judging (J) 48.65%

Your type is: INFP

INFP - "Questor". High capacity for caring. Emotional face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 4.4% of total population.

I took it again a little while later (to see how accurate this was for me) and got:

Jung Test Results

Introverted (I) 63.33% Extroverted (E) 36.67%
Intuitive (N) 53.13% Sensing (S) 46.88%
Feeling (F) 62.5% Thinking (T) 37.5%
Judging (J) 54.29% Perceiving (P) 45.71%

Your type is: INFJ

INFJ - "Author". Strong drive and enjoyment to help others. Complex personality. 1.5% of total population.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Based on the links Zarathustra (who has been a great help to me I might add) :) sent me...

INFJ...I do live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities! I see meaning everywhere (lunalove, for example, represents lunalovegood and my admiration for her superficially...on a deeper level it represents my current exploration of the moon and its connection to women. love because I believe love is truth...and I'm not going into the full depth here either!) I do love art and creativity, and I do believe I am intuitive and perceptive (and have been told so). *blushing*

I am consistently disorganized (ADD/ADHD). I am do trust my intuition though I have not given thought to how often it is accurate (my dad has always said I am very perceptive and I can tell who is good/bad in a room full of people...).

I used to not hold back so much. I have become more secretive as an adult. I used to be quite open with anyone who would listen or I felt could help me (I had traumas early in life). I'm not sure how this correlates? I know that traumas often make someone look like a different type...

The idea of hurting another living creature is quite painful to me. Even online, when people are arguing it upsets me. :p My husband used to tease me because anytime I would try and write a book, I had a tough time writing a conflict! lol (I am better about this now...)

I do not trust my own instincts above all else. As a 6w5, i seek outside confirmation and approval for things. I may have a strong intuition about something, but I can ignore it (and then get sick, literally), if it means someone will approve of me. (So unhealthy...and something I am making changes on as I write this!!)

I am not a parent yet so this remains a mystery

The big picture and I are natural enemies...though I am not very good at details like excel. I prefer writing, the arts, singing, helping others, etc.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Based on the links Zarathustra (who has been a great help to me I might add) :) sent me...

INFJ...I do live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities! I see meaning everywhere (lunalove, for example, represents luna lovegood and my admiration for her superficially...on a deeper level it represents my current exploration of the moon and its connection to women. love because I believe love is truth...and I'm not going into the full depth here either!) I do love art and creativity, and I do believe I am intuitive and perceptive (and have been told so). *blushing*

I am consistently disorganized (ADD/ADHD). I am do trust my intuition though I have not given thought to how often it is accurate (my dad has always said I am very perceptive and I can tell who is good/bad in a room full of people...).

I used to not hold back so much. I have become more secretive as an adult. I used to be quite open with anyone who would listen or I felt could help me (I had traumas early in life). I'm not sure how this correlates? I know that traumas often make someone look like a different type...

The idea of hurting another living creature is quite painful to me. Even online, when people are arguing it upsets me. :p My husband used to tease me because anytime I would try and write a book, I had a tough time writing a conflict! lol (I am better about this now...)

I do not trust my own instincts above all else. As a 6w5, i seek outside confirmation and approval for things. I may have a strong intuition about something, but I can ignore it (and then get sick, literally), if it means someone will approve of me. (So unhealthy...and something I am making changes on as I write this!!)

I am not a parent yet so this remains a mystery

The big picture and I are natural enemies...though I am not very good at details like excel. I prefer writing, the arts, singing, helping others, etc.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
Ni : Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing 'what will be'; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols.
Fe : Connecting; considering others and the group—organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others.

Which one of those is more you?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
INFP...

Not sure how I process things, but I do know that how things fit into my personal value system is important to me (if they mean morals and values? Not sure about this?)

I relate to being a perfectionist and to making the world a better place (I hope I do?!), but I am not very driven with goals. (I just want to write a published novel, which I am lazy about and help peoplelove themselves. But I do have specific goals or much of a career, etc.).

I have a hard time knowing if I am more emotional or in my head? Any tips on how to figure that out? I know I feel things deeply, but I also think in my head a lot. I would say they are at conflict for me actually!

I am more apt to cry than get angry. I feel more comfortable with that emotion. I do however feel that sometimes I feel so much it's embarrassing and I can't control it. I taught kindergarten and I cried at their graduation...most of the parents weren't even crying!

I don't think I'm laid back ever! lol Maybe I am misunderstanding? I am a very serious person most of the time...I am learning to laugh more! :p

That's me with life maintenance...lol. Love my ADD!

Like I said, my mind and heart are often in conflict (it's my 5 wing!) My emotions are quite powerful and overwhelming...but my "head voice" has a strong say too...

Is that part of my problem? My ideals are too high? If I am not good at something straight away, I get frustrated. Is that INFP?

I enjoy expressing myself verbally if I am close to someone or if I feel I ca help them. I do enjoy writing though...

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5

Fi sounds like it could be me. It is quite important for me to look for incongruity and evaluate things on a truth basis. I intuitively seek out whether a person is superficial, lying, unauthentic, etc. And I do search for significance and something to stand up for (I usually do this independently though I am happy to inspire others if they care to join me. I do not go for groups that are aggressive in their quest for making the world a better place...).

I do not relate to Ni accept that I do visualize positive transformation for humanity and those close to me.

Fe sounds like me. I am not necessarily connected to the group (I would prefer to observe than jump in and connect, unless it is for the sake of bringing people together, and even then I will not participate much, simply observe), and I often will accommodate others. I will participate in groups if I have a specific purpose/job to do...but I will do that job without hanging out. I am deeply concerned about making others happy, making others feel good, and gaining others approval (which is why I believe I am a 6 on the enneagram, if that helps).

Thanks Trinity :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Weird :thelook:

Should still be there

The question is what is more you, more comfortable, most natural: Fi, Ni or Fe? Have you looked into functions in detail?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can only be an ENFP with Te.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Hi Trinity,

I just found your post and then responded to it above :) Thanks!

I looked into functions but did not save my results (I am learning this is a good thing to do) :p Do you have some links/suggestions in that arena? Thanks :)

luna~

P.S. Are you name after Trinity from the Matrix?

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Hi Craft, thanks for your input! :) I am off to read about Te now (though I see it was towards the bottom on my test scores, I figure tests are not perfectly accurate, and I should see for myself what it represents) :) luna~

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I looked into functions but did not save my results (I am learning this is a good thing to do) :p Do you have some links/suggestions in that arena? Thanks :)

This is a pretty good site, there's quite a bit of information there, check out the options down the site from communication to team roles and see what function/s jump out at you, if any do.

P.S. Are you name after Trinity from the Matrix?

Yup, well kinda, my name's Trina but a mate couldn't get his drunk head around that when he first met me so he convinced himself my name was Trinity and insisted on calling me that, I decided to call him Neo in return and the rest is history so to speak :D

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Trinity,

Based on the link you sent me, here is how I relate to the different functions:

Se--I don't relate.

Ne--I definitely notice the hidden meanings in things everywhere I turn! I would need an example of weaving thread together? The language is throwing me so I cannot comment yet :)

Ni--I relate strongly to the "Aha" moment idea, unseen trends (in a feeling way, not a concrete way), the ability to predict, however I do not always follow these predictions (lacking in self confidence)...yet when I do, I am usually happiest!

Te--one of my greatest obstacles! I am grateful that my husband has these skills...it makes for a great pair :)

Ti--I relate here to finding the right word for things holding great importance for me (however, it is something I do with difficulty). I am moved to desire these qualities, but I do not possess them...something I find attractive in my husband though!

Fe--I relate to much of what is said here. I have the desire to connect deeply to others...but not to many people at once! I like to have a couple of close friends with whom I can share. I often laugh when others do because I have tuned out and missed the joke...not just because others are laughing (does that apply?). I am warm and friendly...but not on a large scale. I will be more outgoing if I sense an underdog, or someone I can help in some way. Otherwise, I usually just observe. I do ask people what they want and need, and I am open to self-disclosure in order to get others to open up. I do relate to resonating with the feelings of others and losing sight of my own boundaries/needs in this process.

Fi--My beliefs are extremely important to me. I strongly relate to "There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.”

Question: In the enneagram, there is the idea of going to a point of integration to improve oneself. This is of deep importance to me--is there such an idea with MBTI? I noticed a skill development section on the link you sent me, but it requires payment!

Quite a lot to take in! Btw, Trinity/Trina, I would be interested in your opinions on the Matrix and any parallels you see in the film and in reality (if you see any that is!) I think I shall post such a thread...I will let you know where I post it! :)

Thanks again :)

luna~

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Trinity, I posted in the arts and entertainment section about the Matrix. :) P.S. Are you British/Irish? My husband and I have discussed moving to Britain/Ireland...we have no idea how we would make a living there!! (I'm in the US).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK....

After much contemplation and observation, I have concluded that you are.....

An NF of some sort :smile:

(I am also leaning toward Introvert, but I still have no clue about the last letter =P )

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne--I definitely notice the hidden meanings in things everywhere I turn! I would need an example of weaving thread together? The language is throwing me so I cannot comment yet :)

'Hidden meaning' sounds more Ni-ish.

Ni--I relate strongly to the "Aha" moment idea, unseen trends (in a feeling way, not a concrete way), the ability to predict, however I do not always follow these predictions (lacking in self confidence)...yet when I do, I am usually happiest!

And mixed with that response sounds like you are prolly a Ni user.

Te--one of my greatest obstacles! I am grateful that my husband has these skills...it makes for a great pair :)

Ti--I relate here to finding the right word for things holding great importance for me (however, it is something I do with difficulty). I am moved to desire these qualities, but I do not possess them...something I find attractive in my husband though!

Favour Ti over Te.

Fe--I relate to much of what is said here. I have the desire to connect deeply to others...but not to many people at once! I like to have a couple of close friends with whom I can share. I often laugh when others do because I have tuned out and missed the joke...not just because others are laughing (does that apply?). I am warm and friendly...but not on a large scale. I will be more outgoing if I sense an underdog, or someone I can help in some way. Otherwise, I usually just observe. I do ask people what they want and need, and I am open to self-disclosure in order to get others to open up. I do relate to resonating with the feelings of others and losing sight of my own boundaries/needs in this process.

Fi--My beliefs are extremely important to me. I strongly relate to "There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.”

Fe sounds quite a bit stronger.

Ni-Fe-Ti is INFJ, Fe-Ni is ENFJ.

Based on what you've said INFP is unlikely, while INFJ is most likely.

Question: In the enneagram, there is the idea of going to a point of integration to improve oneself. This is of deep importance to me--is there such an idea with MBTI? I noticed a skill development section on the link you sent me, but it requires payment!

Yup, well at least in the sense that the enneagram shows differences between healthy and unhealthy, you can see what to aim for.

I recommend: Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training

lunalove said:
Trinity, I posted in the arts and entertainment section about the Matrix. :) P.S. Are you British/Irish? My husband and I have discussed moving to Britain/Ireland...we have no idea how we would make a living there!! (I'm in the US).

Did my spelling give me away? :D I'm from Aussieland actually.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
OK....

After much contemplation and observation, I have concluded that you are.....

An NF of some sort :smile:

(I am also leaning toward Introvert, but I still have no clue about the last letter =P )

hey fellow moon goddess :) I agree...I am NF of some sort! lol I'm still trying to understand the difference between introverts and extroverts. I though of myself as an ambivert because I do like meeting new people (I have a hard time following up at times though...not sure why?) I like complimenting others and making them feel good. I enjoy helping people and will spend a great deal of time doing so. I tend to talk out things with close friends instead of going inside to figure things out. I do however find I ge drained from people :blush: and then I take time away. I thought these were more extroverted and ENFP qualities (hence my guess at being ENFP). So I guess I'm still not sure....

Thanks for responding btw :) I hope you're having a beautiful day :)

luna~

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
'Hidden meaning' sounds more Ni-ish.

And mixed with that response sounds like you are prolly a Ni user.

Favour Ti over Te.

Fe sounds quite a bit stronger.

Ni-Fe-Ti is INFJ, Fe-Ni is ENFJ.

Based on what you've said INFP is unlikely, while INFJ is most likely.

Thanks for your help Trinity :) It's good to have folks who are more knowledgeable helping me out with this stuff!

Yup, well at least in the sense that the enneagram shows differences between healthy and unhealthy, you can see what to aim for.

I recommend: Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training
Thanks!!

Did my spelling give me away? :D I'm from Aussieland actually.

Australia?! Where? I have cousins there, believe it or not! I've always wanted to visit...which season are you in now? All that you said that "gave you away" was mate lol ;)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're definitely INFP. Plenty of little clues everywhere, firstly, you're very open to distractions, everything you've written has been full of twists, it's almost exiting to read because you're never sure of where it's going. Secondly, you seem to like informality.

Now, there was a trait you listed under Fe that is soooo INFP, the underdog one. You also seem very much like some of the other INFPs on here. I could read your posts in more depth, but just taking the vibes and occasional point seems enough, nothing much about you seems INFJ to me.

There's a chance that you're an extravert, but from the looks of things, it doesn't fit you. Introverts can often be really friendly people-people. I can relate to your on the edge thing, ambiversion, but after a long time of analysis, I've found that extraversion is different. You're an I, just as I am... (thought I was an E for a long time, still do sometimes) us peoples are just not hardcore introverts, and not many people are. (as far as I know, the descriptions are based on a theoretical construct and aim to emphasize the traits so that you can differentiate yourself.)

Now that you know your type, throw it away, you don't need it :laugh: Happy foruming!

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Wow, thanks for the compliments, King! :) (Do you like to cry too btw? I ask because of your name...?) Twists and turns...you make it all sound so exciting! lol :)

Oh good! I'm glad to hear it isn't all so easy to understand, actually. (Who wants things to be simple) :p I would say then that I'm pretty introverted though I can relate well to people and I like helping people in need.

Thanks for writing...you seem really cool. I like your energy!!

I hope your day is full of much emotion and depth! (Isn't that what makes days good?) :)

luna~ (feeling quite hyper and energetic today, yet sleepy) lol