• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type confusion...

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If your an INFP, then your Luna Lovegood(Harry Potter).

Do you like to cry too btw? I ask because of your name...?) Twists and turns...you make it all sound so exciting! lol

Perceiving is the cause of derailment.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Craft, you think Luna is INFP? (I thought she was INFJ...but I am still learning this system!)

And, are you suggesting that I perceive things and it causes me to get derailed...? What an interesting idea...something to think about!

Btw, did you ever figure out your type? I hope you're doing well!! :)

luna~

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Craft, you think Luna is INFP? (I thought she was INFJ...but I am still learning this system!)
I believe so. She's too...out of the work-system, probably in her dream land or something. I really don't see any goal-focusing in her. She's just there or not there.

And, are you suggesting that I perceive things and it causes me to get derailed...? What an interesting idea...something to think about!

Well... being open does lead to more distraction. It's like an open country versus a hostile country. The open country has to manage several foreigners the other not.

Btw, did you ever figure out your type? I hope you're doing well!! :)

Yes and No. I've chosen the type that I'm most but the search will never end.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I believe so. She's too...out of the work-system, probably in her dream land or something. I really don't see any goal-focusing in her. She's just there or not there.

Luna becomes a naturalist btw...I think it's perfect for her!! :)

Well... being open does lead to more distraction. It's like an open country versus a hostile country. The open country has to manage several foreigners the other not.

I like the way you see the world!

Yes and No. I've chosen the type that I'm most but the search will never end.

I'm curious what you decided (if you don't mind sharing?) I agree...there is much information to be explored. It's fun to analyze and think about though! :)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Luna becomes a naturalist btw...I think it's perfect for her!!

Well, if you've read the book, then your story is more reliable. Could you kindly share some of her personality traits?

I'm curious what you decided (if you don't mind sharing?) I agree...there is much information to be explored. It's fun to analyze and think about though! :)

The most populated type in this forum and possibly the internet.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Well, if you've read the book, then your story is more reliable. Could you kindly share some of her personality traits?

Luna is dreamy, perceptive, great with animals, loves nature, etc. She's comfortable in her own skin/company, though she longs to connect with others and have friends. She's very much in her own world...and she believes things that are not part of reality (I think she does it to connect with her dad...since he writes for the Quibbler. She probably also longs to have faith in something as she's quite spiritual).

The most populated type in this forum and possibly the internet.

It's ok...you don't have to tell me :) (I have no clue what that would be...but I apologize for prying!) :blush:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Luna is dreamy, perceptive, great with animals, loves nature, etc. She's comfortable in her own skin/company, though she longs to connect with others and have friends. She's very much in her own world...and she believes things that are not part of reality (I think she does it to connect with her dad...since he writes for the Quibbler. She probably also longs to have faith in something as she's quite spiritual).

Does she decide quickly or no? Or does it not mention? Relaxed pace, yeah?

It's ok...you don't have to tell me :) (I have no clue what that would be...but I apologize for prying!)

ahahah.. I'm sorry. INTP Luna.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Does she decide quickly or no? Or does it not mention? Relaxed pace, yeah?

I can't recall a situation where she had to make a decision quickly off hand...but I would think she would take her time. However, in an emergency, think she would be right on cue! I think she would follow her instincts and intuition beautifully!

have you seen the movies then and not read the books? Do you enjoy reading? Many folks I know didn't care for HP the books.

ahahah.. I'm sorry. INTP Luna.
Don't be sorry! :) INTP really? I wouldn't think INTP would be so common? I think it's a wonderful way to be though :)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't be sorry! :) INTP really? I wouldn't think INTP would be so common? I think it's a wonderful way to be though :)

Indeed it is. Have you decided on yours?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, thanks for the compliments, King! :) (Do you like to cry too btw? I ask because of your name...?) Twists and turns...you make it all sound so exciting! lol :)

Oh good! I'm glad to hear it isn't all so easy to understand, actually. (Who wants things to be simple) :p I would say then that I'm pretty introverted though I can relate well to people and I like helping people in need.

Thanks for writing...you seem really cool. I like your energy!!

I hope your day is full of much emotion and depth! (Isn't that what makes days good?) :)

luna~ (feeling quite hyper and energetic today, yet sleepy) lol

haha, I'm not one to cry, it's something I'd prefer to avoid personally, but sometimes life can get to you. Thankfully most of my days are full of bewilderment at the complexities that govern our world. Oh I'm so familiar with the hyper-sleepy condition :D, forget alcohol, just stay up late with plenty of friends and sugar, it's much more fun that way and it even simulates hangovers ;)

btw, the HP luna is no where near as INFP as you are :alttongue:

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
haha, I'm not one to cry, it's something I'd prefer to avoid personally, but sometimes life can get to you. Thankfully most of my days are full of bewilderment at the complexities that govern our world. Oh I'm so familiar with the hyper-sleepy condition :D, forget alcohol, just stay up late with plenty of friends and sugar, it's much more fun that way and it even simulates hangovers ;)

I dunno, everything makes me cry! lol (I kinda like it that way though? I just get embarrassed when I can't stop crying...) I like to feel things very deeply. seeing a butterfly can feel so overwhelmingly beautiful I will just cry. :blush:

Just staying up late is enough for me to feel hyper yet sleepy! ;) sugar is too much for me...(are you sensitive to things? Is that more INFJ? I've been told I'm a hybrid?) :)

btw, the HP luna is no where near as INFP as you are :alttongue:

lol!! what a compliment! ;) :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, everything makes me cry! lol (I kinda like it that way though? I just get embarrassed when I can't stop crying...) I like to feel things very deeply. seeing a butterfly can feel so overwhelmingly beautiful I will just cry.

I don't know what to make of that. I know that when I see the sheer number of animals that we eat I get a little emotional. Living in the mid-country, I see these animals a lot. I get nothing from butterflies unless I'm testing to see how they handle flying in the rain... yeah, I know I'm a little strange :)

Just staying up late is enough for me to feel hyper yet sleepy! sugar is too much for me...(are you sensitive to things? Is that more INFJ? I've been told I'm a hybrid?) :)

I'm not so certain that's specifically related to MBTI, it's probably more related to exercise and diet. Though, if it is related to type, it could be INFP or INFJ. According to cognitive function theory:

infp (Fi, Ne, Si, Te) has tertiary Si, which is about the internal senses (what you see, what you hear, what you feel). For example, an ISFJ might trust what they see when they make descisions, they may have a fair bit of confidence in this trait. For an INFP, they may resort to this when they've hit a brick wall, or when they can't decide something, so they might go with what they can see (or can't see for that matter).

infj (Ni, Fe, Ti, Se), has inferior Se, This usually means that they are least strong in this function. An Se user, like ESFP, may prefer to feed their senses from the outside world. They may jump off a jetty just to feel the sensation, or staple themselves just for fun (that's why your typical booze hound is an ESXP). INFJs are generally least comfortable in these situations, and would presumably avoid them. Can't say that I ever saw a thrill seeking INFJ :alttongue:

Hope that helps...

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
I don't know what to make of that. I know that when I see the sheer number of animals that we eat I get a little emotional. Living in the mid-country, I see these animals a lot. I get nothing from butterflies unless I'm testing to see how they handle flying in the rain... yeah, I know I'm a little strange :)

King, are you a vegan by any chance?What do you mean by testing butterflies to see how they handle flying in the rain? You mean you catch them and let them go in the rain to see how they do..?

I'm not so certain that's specifically related to MBTI, it's probably more related to exercise and diet. Though, if it is related to type, it could be INFP or INFJ. According to cognitive function theory:

infp (Fi, Ne, Si, Te) has tertiary Si, which is about the internal senses (what you see, what you hear, what you feel). For example, an ISFJ might trust what they see when they make descisions, they may have a fair bit of confidence in this trait. For an INFP, they may resort to this when they've hit a brick wall, or when they can't decide something, so they might go with what they can see (or can't see for that matter).

I have a tough time making decisions...it's like my emotions and my thoughts are in conflict with one another...

infj (Ni, Fe, Ti, Se), has inferior Se, This usually means that they are least strong in this function. An Se user, like ESFP, may prefer to feed their senses from the outside world. They may jump off a jetty just to feel the sensation, or staple themselves just for fun (that's why your typical booze hound is an ESXP). INFJs are generally least comfortable in these situations, and would presumably avoid them. Can't say that I ever saw a thrill seeking INFJ :alttongue:

I am totally INFJ in this regard!

Hope that helps...

Hmmm...still feeling confused :p I guess maybe I'll never know?! Thanks for your help...you're awesome!! It's great to have friends to talk to about types...hubby thinks it's a waste of time and otherfolks I know just don't get it! ;) hope you had a great weekend... luna~ p.s. i love the rainbow colors!! :headphne:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
King, are you a vegan by any chance?What do you mean by testing butterflies to see how they handle flying in the rain? You mean you catch them and let them go in the rain to see how they do..?

Nah, I'm not a vegan, though I'd almost consider it. I think at the very least, we need to be more thankful for the meat that we do eat. If you had to kill and cook a chicken all yourself, you'd be quite thankful for the meal, though the way our society is set up, we avoid doing this and I fear that some of us don't even realize what we're eating.

As for the butterflies, that's probably a better idea... lol.

hmmm, your comments make me think that you may be an INFJ. You'd have to ask some INFXs and see which you can relate to.

lunalove

MBTI Type
ENF
Enneagram
6w5
Hey King :)

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you do that butterfly experiment!! I just wasn't sure what you meant by testing them to see how they fly in the rain?

I am on my way to veganism as I write this...was a vegetarian for many years until a doc convinced my fam it was unhealthy...now I am finding the urge to go back! :) It pains me so much to kill anything (I even take many bugs that find their way into my home back out in the yard...!)I think your sense of humanitarianism is beautiful btw...I wish more people had such sensitive and caring souls (I believe they do really...just got ost along the way and hidden somewhere! You seem very in touch!) :)

Hmm...perhaps I will post (somewhere?) to inlist INFP's, INFJ's and ENFP's to help me determine my type as I've been told I could be any of those? ;)