• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Winging it.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay I'm not sure how to proceed with this but I'm interested now.

I'm wondering if anyone would take a crack at sorting out my enneagram type. If I take the test I get 9 highest but then I think 6 then 5 come next, 1 is about fourth or fifth and I think that 8 is in last place (now that doesn't measure up with my temper for a start).

So can anyone assist? Is it like the MBTI where you can ask key questions and based on the responses type someone?

A bit in the dark here, could use some assistance.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This sounds like a job for Magic. He's great with this stuff.

*gets out the seafood traps* Time to go catch a poriferan, it seems.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Questions can be used.

But since you probably are a Nine, what exactly are you trying to clear-up? Your wing?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, do you want to stick the the conventional wing system? Or do you just want to say to hell with it?
The latter would be much harder.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Well first off thanks guys.

Magiccy P,
The whole wing thing would be nice to resolve as either a 1 or an 8 wing could potentially help me identify areas to work on in my personality.

Also I'm quite concerned that I'm mistyping myself as a 9. Reason being is that although the 9 is highest it's not much higher than the 5 or the 6 and in fact I do work quite like those two types at points.

I guess I'm just not as comfortable with the whole enneagram system as I am with the MBTI, probably due to only knowing people who say "the ennea what now?" except for one but that's complicating matters.

As for a direct answer to what I'm trying to clear up, the most direct would be "well a little of everything". I know the picture given to me, I've seen it. It just doesn't hang right. I don't understand the picture or why it was given to me.

See I have this annoying block so that what doesn't make sense isn't used and is left in storage. Only what I understand (correctly or not mind you) is actually employed and I'd like to be able to employ this enneagram stuff but kinda stop short.

Oh yeah and I'm not too sure if I should rule out 5w6 with a heavy 9 influence. Would that not also describe me well? (oh and no I don't expect an objective answer to that last question for obvious reasons of "need input").

Anyhow any help would be much appreciated oh great Cthulhu ;)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Okay I'm not sure how to proceed with this but I'm interested now.

I'm wondering if anyone would take a crack at sorting out my enneagram type. If I take the test I get 9 highest but then I think 6 then 5 come next, 1 is about fourth or fifth and I think that 8 is in last place (now that doesn't measure up with my temper for a start).

So can anyone assist? Is it like the MBTI where you can ask key questions and based on the responses type someone?

A bit in the dark here, could use some assistance.
OK.
No take. Give and take.

1. Handwriting on the board.

2. MBTI test.

3. Function order test.

4. E test.

What goes around comes around.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have the same problem Xander. While they're at it, maybe people could tell me whether I'm 5 or 8, if they're not gonna let me totally subvert the whole system and be 5w8 or 8w5!

I don't understand the system or you well enough to say about you Xander, but FWIW I'd hazard you at a pretty healthy 5.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
OK.
No take. Give and take.

1. Handwriting on the board.

2. MBTI test.

3. Function order test.

4. E test.

What goes around comes around.
:cry: Be gentle.
All my results thus far are here.
Sorry for the link and that but I thought it'd be more expedient to just link it than post it all here. Let me know if you, or anyone else for that matter, wants the results in the thread.

Edit :-
I just re-read that... do you really want handwriting? I guess I could do that though you'd probably have to wait till lunch. Some people are still working under the assumption that I work here :D Fools!!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I have the same problem Xander. While they're at it, maybe people could tell me whether I'm 5 or 8, if they're not gonna let me totally subvert the whole system and be 5w8 or 8w5!
I wanted to be a 9w5 but they said I couldn't. I didn't speak to them for a while but now I think we should come to an agreement.
I don't understand the system or you well enough to say about you Xander, but FWIW I'd hazard you at a pretty healthy 5.
Now that is interesting, why a 5? I know I've got the whole INTP virus but aside from that I didn't think I was very 5ish.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually now I look at it, no I don't think you're any kind of 5. You're not like the healthy descriptions but you're certainly not like the unhealthy ones either.

Whatever type you are, you're a healthy one, anyway, at least from what I see of you here.

Yeah, I'd go 9w5 if it were possible. I don't see why it shouldn't be!

I just did a test that gave me 7w8, which I suppose is possible, though I can't find a proper description of it to say whether it's me or not.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Actually now I look at it, no I don't think you're any kind of 5. You're not like the healthy descriptions but you're certainly not like the unhealthy ones either.

Whatever type you are, you're a healthy one, anyway, at least from what I see of you here.
Yeah, I'd go 9w5 if it were possible. I don't see why it shouldn't be!

I just did a test that gave me 7w8, which I suppose is possible, though I can't find a proper description of it to say whether it's me or not.
Try this website. Magiccy P pointed it out in another thread and it makes a lot of sense...well unless, like me, you have nagging doubts.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
:cry: Be gentle.
All my results thus far are here.
Sorry for the link and that but I thought it'd be more expedient to just link it than post it all here. Let me know if you, or anyone else for that matter, wants the results in the thread.

Edit :-
I just re-read that... do you really want handwriting? I guess I could do that though you'd probably have to wait till lunch. Some people are still working under the assumption that I work here :D Fools!!
It is all right. It is not expedient to have them in the thread.
This is not what I meant.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
It is all right. It is not expedient to have them in the thread.
This is not what I meant.
:doh: You didn't want the test results?

My rosetta stone is broken. I wonder if they do spares for them?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
:doh: You didn't want the test results?

My rosetta stone is broken. I wonder if they do spares for them?
I did.

The Rosetta is said to be three lingual.
A mistake.
It is one lingual.

The Egyptian of the Greeks or the Greek of the Egyptians?
Neither or both.

The third variation is but a shorthand.

The Mormons do have the spares. I do not know if they match the original though.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I did.

The Rosetta is said to be three lingual.
A mistake.
It is one lingual.

The Egyptian of the Greeks or the Greek of the Egyptians?
Neither or both.

The third variation is but a shorthand.

The Mormons do have the spares. I do not know if they match the original though.
3 languages?? Aw nuts. No wonder mine's bust!!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Subvert the system! Fight the power! :D SUB. VERT. w00t.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Me thinks Xander is a Nine.
The margin of lead for the Nine seems good enough, and really, I can believe you're a Nine.

This is a problem extensively covered at enneagraminstitute.com, but you have to be on their stupid mailing list to access it.
Nines and Fives are THE most commonly mistaken types.
This is subjective, but I think you are a 9/8. Why the results don't show that, I do not know.

So I guess the question really is, are you 9/8 or a 5/6? The two could be easily confused. Unfortunately, the subtlety of this particular problem means that questions over the internet might not really enlighten anyone.
It's confused more by the fact that you are an INTP, which should make you all the more Fivish of a Nine, if you are a Nine.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Me thinks Xander is a Nine.
The margin of lead for the Nine seems good enough, and really, I can believe you're a Nine.

This is a problem extensively covered at enneagraminstitute.com, but you have to be on their stupid mailing list to access it.
Nines and Fives are THE most commonly mistaken types.
This is subjective, but I think you are a 9/8. Why the results don't show that, I do not know.

So I guess the question really is, are you 9/8 or a 5/6? The two could be easily confused. Unfortunately, the subtlety of this particular problem means that questions over the internet might not really enlighten anyone.
It's confused more by the fact that you are an INTP, which should make you all the more Fivish of a Nine, if you are a Nine.
:thinking:
That's kind of where I got to. I can't seem to progress without exterrnal input and it's bugging me.

That link you posted a while back made the most sense but then everything in the system seems to rely on wings and also that site only mentioned social 9s with 3 (I think) as influence not 6.

It all gets very confusing.