• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Maybe I'm an extrovert after all?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
ENFPs can be quiet and not very social when depressed or stressed. Best way to tell if you are ENFP or INFP is if you lead with Ne. In most cases this difference is quite obvious. While INFPs have reasonable use of Ne, they don't normally use it like nutcases (see ENxPs). ie. if you seem to keep that intuition under wraps and look strangely at people who go on endless tangents, you are probably INFP.

sculpting

the way i know is because i'm outward focused...i think better when i talk...i think as i write...like right now...no clue what i'm about to say until i say it. :)

i am completely lazy and lethargic alone...and totally full of energy with people...groups of people...less so with just one...total energy high after being with people and need to wind down for hours after....stuff like that.

The bold-that would be every single post I ever write. Well unless it has bullets and numbers. Then I thought about it some but still the words just roll out of my head.

Don't know how common this is, but have personally observed this.

Very social, thrives on interaction, but needs some time alone.

I think this is Si. I do not want to go out after work and do things. I like to stay home and not talk. At work even I have brief moments of silliness, but then I move on and sit for long periods of time alone.

Ayeaye

Hello everyone

For years I've tested as INFP mainly, but there was something not quite right about that description. Too detached, airy fairy, mystical. I've experimented with ISFP and INTP mainly, but still, they do not ring true.

However, my recent experiences in social work classes have caused me to question my introversion. In this course, we are encouraged to share personal experiences, and get to know the other students. I'm finding that I'm the most comfortable speaking up in groups, and feel buzzed at the end of the day of such social interactions.

Perhaps my depression can be explained by not enough social contact in the past, especially of a meaningful sort. Usually extroverts annoy me, but they are usually talking trivia and not allowing anyone else to speak. In this class, things are different.

What do you think? ENFP?

I am not sure but it's an interesting question and good way of going about trying to identify yourself. Hope someone helps :)

sonickel77

MBTI Type
INTP
extrovert = no

I think I was hyped up because of the novelty of the situation
back to my usual withdrawal, and frustration because social work is so nebulous and intangible, not to mention traumatic in subject matter!

back to ISFP!

gromit

likes this
I have been bouncing around between ENFP, ISFP, ESFP, and INFP since I've been on this site... I don't really have good advice for you at this point.

Good discussion though! :D

wolfy

awsm
It is hard when you are borderline. And it depends on your type, isfp are pretty outgoing for extroverts. I think that I decided by looking at whether I was more reflective or expressive, not whether I was energised by people, because I am. Rather than looking at the parts of the system try looking at the whole from different angles.

gromit

likes this
It is hard when you are borderline. And it depends on your type, isfp are pretty outgoing for extroverts. I think that I decided by looking at whether I was more reflective or expressive, not whether I was energised by people, because I am. Rather than looking at the parts of the system try looking at the whole from different angles.

Can you elaborate on "reflective or expressive"?

wolfy

awsm
Can you elaborate on "reflective or expressive"?

It is Keirsey stuff that correlates with I and E. Attentive or reflective.

The fourth ring: expressive versus attentive

The fourth ring describes how people interact with their environment. Individuals who tend to act before observing are described as expressive, whereas people who tend to observe before acting are described as attentive.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
ENFPs can be quiet and not very social when depressed or stressed. Best way to tell if you are ENFP or INFP is if you lead with Ne. In most cases this difference is quite obvious. While INFPs have reasonable use of Ne, they don't normally use it like nutcases (see ENxPs). ie. if you seem to keep that intuition under wraps and look strangely at people who go on endless tangents, you are probably INFP.

This thread made me all confused, but this clears it up for me (I think). I don't go on Ne tangents, I think deeply and thoroughly about what I want to say and say it, in as few words as possible. I keep my connections pretty clear for someone with second-Ne. Even though I am an introvert and have always thought so and my friends would consider me as such, I have always relied on other people in some form, over the internet in writing groups or offline with my close friends.

There was one particular day when I had so much socializing going on and I was energized but when the third event of the day rolled around, I was extremely quiet because ... it was my quiet time and my isfj friend thought I was nuts because I needed to sit back and observe and relax.

I get really quiet sometimes in social situations and it makes some people think I am having a bad time or something but I am just chilling and gathering my thoughts. :blush: I am definitely dominant Fi.

Cloudblue

Amazing Spambot!
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
I think no one is just one thing, you cant take this personility type thing at face value. You might be INFP but, those temeperments are mostly dominant. you might have some Extraverted tendencies and judging tendencies here and there. Plus theres your environment, what was your childhood like? where you grew up?, How much do you know?, what are your likes are dislikes? enagram type? or for people who believe, astrology sign.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moved from NF Idyllic.

Socionics helped me determine my extroversion, like Disregard has said there are too many behavioural things that can make this point confusing, and after looking into it for too long your bias as to what E v I means can make it near impossible to find clarification.

Also, anyone who says dichotomy X is easy to determine from dichotomy Y is simply saying they don't have trouble with that one as any can be confusing for an individual. I/E it isn't as simple as determining what energises you as some people are comfortable both alone and with others and haven't taken the time or can't determine what energises them more. Plus of course you do get extroverts who prefer to keep to themselves for whatever reason, behavioural things shouldn't be relied on if there is confusion.

And check out the type descriptions on Best-Fit Type sonickel77, they're based on first person perspective, not behaviour, they may help.