• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type dead people

Windigo

I have unfortunately many dearly departed people I would like to type and obviously can't, would anyone care to help me out?

I would really appreciate any imput!

Windigo

Dead Person #1 - Male

As a child: Didn't talk until 3 when he politely asked for someone to pass the salt. Got his first job at ten delivering newspapers. Bought a bike, then bought a stand up bass. Became an Eagle Scout (Sea Scout). Was considered the genius of the family but was never formally tested.

High School: In every club imaginable, chess, science, Hi-jinx, drama, football, wrestling, orchestra, marching band and still managed to have a ton of girlfriends. Was also something of a rebel (beatnik) played bass in a Jazz Quartet and was arrested once for siphoning gas out of a police car.

College: Didn't get into first choice Anapolis or second choice Stanford because of his 3.0 average. NROTC, band, football, girlfriends. BS-Physics/BA-English Lit, MS Business

Adulthood: Joined the Navy because he was afraid he would become a bum if left to his own devices. Was a navigator/radio man on the USB Theodore Roosevelt (under Alan Rickover). Rose to the postion of Commander, worked with NASA (XO of the ship that picked up the astronauts after the Apollo 12 mission). Also worked for the Pentagon and became a weapons engineer after retiring. Helped design the Polaris and Regulus missles.

Spoke English, Russian and French fluently. Loved to discuss physics, politics, sci-fi, Monty Python (in the 70s), poetry, history, art and literature. There literally wasn't any subject this man didn't know at least one thing about. He was often the life of the party (and unfortunately for his wife very popular with the ladies--but fortunately for her also VERY loyal). He often performed guitar and sang bawdy songs or told jokes. Also loved to paint and enjoyed woodworking and mechanics. Finally he followed the philosophies of the Greek Stoics, Confucious and Bushido. Read prodigious amounts of books, magazines, political journals, etc. daily. Wrote stories (historical & Sci-fi), poetry and songs.

Perfect pitch, photographic memory.

As a Husband: Very passionate, wrote letters and love poems to wife daily, also sent flowers and did all those wonderful romantic things you only see in the movies.

As a father: Usually very calm, taught by example and led his kids in discussions so they could come to their own logical conclusions. Sometimes had an explosive temper. (Only towards his kids). Was always the one who came in and discussed feelings, etc. Also taught his kids to hike, camp, shoot, fish, fix cars. Didn't believe boys and girls should be treated differently (even in the 50s). Gormand. Loved Opera & Jazz. Often made tapes of newly released punk/goth/alternative music for me in the 80s before she got wind of new bands. (I never figured out how he did this.)

Most knowledgable and yet humble man I ever met. But could be vindictive when he was a young man. (Once got a man drunk and shipped him home for busting his base playing "base ball." He always told me, "Don't get mad, get even."

VERY private about his personal life, but could tell a good story about his younger days. Never discussed his navy days until one episode came out in a book. Developed heart disease from the stress of carrying around the key to the "red" button on the sub, also later struggled with the role of hatchet man (he admitted it gave him a heart attack).

His discription of himself was "John Paul Jones in love beads."

If you made it this far, than you in advance.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He sounds like a 7w8 E_TP to me. Some things seem to point to N, some to S.

Windigo

He sounds like a 7w8 E_TP to me. Some things seem to point to N, some to S.

That's ironic, I'm a 7w8.

I understand what you mean. He was very mechanical and good with his hands, but at the same time always willing to engage in theoretical discussions about time/space continuums or eastern philosophy. Things that most S types (except perhaps ISTPs) usually get bored with really easy. And he was ALWAYS reading and journalling. So I lean towards N.

He kept a pretty tight lid on his own emotions, but was the life of the party so the T/F thing has been pretty difficult for me to figure out.

Thanks for responding. :)

Also I knew him later in life when he was pretty J, but that could be from a life in the military . . . he was an odd mix of conservative/liberal values.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's ironic, I'm a 7w8.

I understand what you mean. He was very mechanical and good with his hands, but at the same time always willing to engage in theoretical discussions about time/space continuums or eastern philosophy. Things that most S types (except perhaps ISTPs) usually get bored with really easy. And he was ALWAYS reading and journalling. So I lean towards N.

He kept a pretty tight lid on his own emotions, but was the life of the party so the T/F thing has been pretty difficult for me to figure out.

Thanks for responding. :)

Also I knew him later in life when he was pretty J, but that could be from a life in the military . . . he was an odd mix of conservative/liberal values.

Yeah, the military thing could have made a big difference. He could very well be an ENTP, but after having been in the military he saw the value of some SJ aspects of life. So that may have made him realize the usefulness of practical interests (and teaching his kids these things).

He definitely sounds like an E_TP to me though. If he's ENTP, the NeFe combo definitely makes them huge people pleasers. So it would make sense for him being the life of the party.

Windigo

Yeah, the military thing could have made a big difference. He could very well be an ENTP, but after having been in the military he saw the value of some SJ aspects of life. So that may have made him realize the usefulness of practical interests (and teaching his kids these things).

He definitely sounds like an E_TP to me though. If he's ENTP, the NeFe combo definitely makes them huge people pleasers. So it would make sense for him being the life of the party.

Thanks . . . I think agree that NeFe could be right on the money.

Windigo

Dead Person #2 - Female

As a kid: VERY independent. Decided to go to a different church than her parents at age 5 and got a odd jobs to pay the bus fare. Worked from the age of 8. Very social in high school. Lots of boy friends and crazy adventures. Stayed out late and didn't care what people thought of her. Started a club in HS called the Pink Kittens. Paid her way through college without help from her parents. Worked to support herself in college.

Started as a Psych major and then decided after interning for the summer that she would go crazy listening to everyone's problems. Couldn't stand whining. Switched to business. Poor grades. Got married and dropped out.

Didn't like to stand out in a crowd, very concerned about appearances, but was the life of the party when drunk. Irreverent and blunt sense of humor either made friends or enemies. No middle of the road with her.

Very intelligent in a non nonsense sort of way. Despised theory, but enjoyed history and literature. Especially liked making money. Prone to "get rich quick schemes." Liked getting "a good deal." Still very practical with money.

Could pry secret information out of anyone including officers in the military. Gave gifts with strings attached. Very passionate and sensual. Mama bear for her family. Fight first, think second. Someone you wanted on your side. Not afraid of anyone. Never caught unprepared. Always able to go with the flow and change information.

Happiest traveling and meeting new people, kept in contact with old friends. Liked writing letters, bad at keeping house, cooking, etc.

Didn't really get her children. Was simultaneously proud and disappointed in them. Didn't like to discuss science unless it had a practical application. Didn't respect people who didn't fight her. Also easily offended. Had an almost "psychic" ability to know things about people. Very persuasive and manipulative.

Young spirit even in her 70s, didn't want to hang around old people, "For crying out loud those people are just sitting around waiting to die!" Liked driving her Oldsmobile fast over speed bumps. Very brave. Never complained about physical pain or hardship.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This may be weird, but I think either ESFP or ENFJ. I'm thinking more ESFP... but meh.

Windigo

Dead Person #3 - Male

Sensitive Child, always thinking of others. Struggled in school. Dropped out as a freshman in HS and began partying and abusing drugs and alcohol.

Played drums in a band, hardly ever slept. Amazing poet and artist. Would spend hours each night writing music, poetry or painting. Loved animals, loved people, life of the party. Wacky sense of humor. Could make anyone his friend in 15 minutes. Very accepting of people's differences.

Passionate about life but very hard on himself. Sometimes suicidal. Often blew problems up out of proportion and was very paranoid, skeptical and easily offended. Extreme emotions.

Conservative politically. Put Family first, God & Country second, friends third. Had a ton of friends. Willing to go days without eating to give a homeless man his last $50. Always available for friends, even at 3AM. People would tell him their troubles because he would genuinely listen, but then their troubles would eat at him for days afterwards.

Wanted to start a camp for disabled children. Couldn't wait to have a family of his own. Loved kids, animals and being out of doors.

Very smart, could talk about any subject with interest, but couldn't sit still in school. Very good with his hands, very meticulous work. Mechanics and woodworking.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why ESFP?

What were you thinking? I got readings from that description of a good bit of Se along with a feeling preference is all. A lot of Se.

As for an ESFP-ENTP marriage... that sounds interesting. Doesn't sound like it would last. They would have opposing values and ways of dealing with life, but would probably get along because both types are fun to be around and usually like people. Anyone with similar interests and ways of interacting with the world will probably get along just fine in the long run, and ESFPs and ENTPs are both "Get things going" types. Get-Things-Going

Third person sounds like an ISFP 4w3.

Other people's input it definitely needed.

Windigo

Well, I think you pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

#1 I couldn't decide between ENFP/ENTP/ENTJ
#2 I originally typed as an ESTP but recently began to wonder about ESFP
#3 I have bounced around between ISFP/ISFJ/ESFJ/ESFP

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll clarify my viewpoint for number two, since that seems to be the one I didn't explain too clearly.

As a kid: VERY independent. Decided to go to a different church than her parents at age 5 and got a odd jobs to pay the bus fare. Worked from the age of 8. Very social in high school. Lots of boy friends and crazy adventures. Stayed out late and didn't care what people thought of her. Started a club in HS called the Pink Kittens. Paid her way through college without help from her parents. Worked to support herself in college.

The bolded just screams ESFP to me. Otherwise, it sounds like what an ESFP would do. It seems like what you're describing is an SeTe attitude, being very practical and knowing what needs to be done. Along with that attitude, this person sounds extremely independent. So using SeTe to gain independence, all backed by Fi.

[quote[Started as a Psych major and then decided after interning for the summer that she would go crazy listening to everyone's problems. Couldn't stand whining. Switched to business. Poor grades. Got married and dropped out.[/quote]

E__Ps tend to not know what they really want to do with themselves out of all of the types. This sounds like this taking an affect here.

Didn't like to stand out in a crowd, very concerned about appearances, but was the life of the party when drunk. Irreverent and blunt sense of humor either made friends or enemies. No middle of the road with her.

Bolded seems very ESFP. Se doms tend to be extremely blunt, and this may intimidate some people. So it's understandable that people would either love her or hate her for it.

Very intelligent in a non nonsense sort of way. Despised theory, but enjoyed history and literature. Especially liked making money. Prone to "get rich quick schemes." Liked getting "a good deal." Still very practical with money.

SeTe!

Could pry secret information out of anyone including officers in the military. Gave gifts with strings attached. Very passionate and sensual. Mama bear for her family. Fight first, think second. Someone you wanted on your side. Not afraid of anyone. Never caught unprepared. Always able to go with the flow and change information.

Bolded sounds like an Se dom. Se doms can be really controlling and know how to get things out of people if they want to. Of course anyone can, but Se doms in particular seem to be prone to these kinds of things. It's a certain way of doing it in an Se way, and the Se way is usually pretty successful. I don't know, I hope I'm articulating myself well and am understandable lol.

The rest just sounds like an ESP.

Didn't like to discuss science unless it had a practical application.
SP

Had an almost "psychic" ability to know things about people.

A lot of SFPs can learn things about people and how they think just based on body language and physical aspects of a person. So that's probably this at work.

Windigo

Wow! This makes a lot of sense to me now. What would the tertiary and shadow function look like for an ESFP?

Also you're an ISFP how do you relate to person #3?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow! This makes a lot of sense to me now. What would the tertiary and shadow function look like for an ESFP?

Hm. Te is weird for me to explain, since I can easily say it's my worst function. But the tertiary is mainly a response tool. The tertiary's thought process is sprung into action by responding to things happening, and this feeds the auxiliary's understanding of the world. I don't really know how to describe tertiary Te (yet I know when it's happening... lol). Here is a part of a socionics ESFP profile, this part is about Te-

ESFPs are often industrious and can in working situations expend large amounts of effort towards their goals. They may be constantly take proactive action and seek out new information on their topics of interest. They may tend to flaunt the information they gather and may sometimes assume that the knowledge they have accumulated is infallible. They also may jump into attacking a problem with minimal preparation and may in some circumstances fail to acknowledge the futility of their proactive expenditures.

ESFPs often seek out conceptual clarity from others, and may tend to expect others to assist them in accumulating and making sense of the world around them. They may come to be good at mining new information, but they often lack confidence in their ability to collect pertinent information and navigate the outside world with it in mind, especially on unfamiliar topics. They tend to be especially unskilled at analyzing new factual information in an appropriate context. Typically, ESFPs feel that it is more important to apply information than to gather and extend it, and they may push what they know to make a concrete impact on others around them. They depend on the guidance of others to forge and refine the applications of their industries

Here is what the same profile has to say about Ni-
ESFPs often have rapid-fire and uncontrolled thinking processes. They are not naturally reflective or contemplative of what they experience, and may regularly fail to consider the consequences or implications of their actions. They may have difficulty concentrating on their mental trains of thought and tend to be inclined to make hasty and impassioned conclusions about the state of their affairs. They can exhibit a tendency to conceptualize their world in overly simplistic terms, without recognizing the degree of intricacy and complexity of the situations around them. In general, they welcome the perspectives of others who can reason with a slower thinking process and help them to carefully mentalize the world around them.

ESFPs often lack caution and reserve. Their strategy towards solving problems may involve persuasion and brute force; their natural response to opposition or obstacle is to display further aggression or resistance, including in instances where such resistance is not necessarily appropriate. They may be distraught, tempestuous, and highly emotionally turbulent when their strategy fails. Because of their manic instability, they can exhibit accusatory or antagonistic tendencies towards others; some ESFPs fall into a cycle of ruining their relationships or vocational prospects in this way.

ESFPs are naturally attracted to individuals who seem knowledgeable and secure as to how events will develop from a given starting point, giving them a more strategic perspective to their own more instinctive tactical approach. They are inclined to make impulsive decisions, based on immediate and short-term considerations, which the ESFP nevertheless hopes will have a positive result in the context of their long-term goals. They expect assistance from others in that regard, and are disappointed if they do not receive it.

ESFPs can be insecure about the negative consequences of their actions. They may tend to instinctively suppress and avoid thinking of the negative or painful aspects of their history that their recklessness may have caused. They may lack a calming or guiding influence in their lives, and sometimes attempt compulsively seek out individuals or environments that they feel can unshroud mysteries to resolve their internal chaos.

Even though the function definitions are tweaked, that's still a good way of putting it I'd say.

Also you're an ISFP how do you relate to person #3?

Well, we seem to have very different lifestyles and ways of living, but similar ideals.

Windigo

Wow! This seems to cinch it for me that #2 is an ESFP

1. Rapid fire uncontrolled thinking process.

2. Tempestuous and highly volatile

3. Attracted to strong, intelligent individuals

4. Never admitted to any wrong doing took a "la, la, la . . . I'm not listening" approach when asked to consider behavior.