• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another Lost Soul. (INTP,INFP,ISFP.ENFP,ENFJ or INFJ)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hi everybody

or at least to those who can stand another "what's my type" thread:newwink:

I am quite active on another MBTI forum.. much less so on this one, So that is why I have chosen to ask this here instead of there.
No preconceptions, only a few people know who I am here.

I am becoming very frustrated with all of this.. It's not that knowing my type is going to solve my problems or give me sudden direction, but if this is a tool then I would really like to use it properly.

I know I have been living in shadow function for quite sometime..

So here it is.
1st type tested as INTP
Then with someone's influence ISFP
last 5 months INFP .. esepcially now that I understand the functions and how they work a little better ..
But I also know I am not totally healthy emotionally.

When I read profiles descriptions INFP,ISFP and INTP all sound pretty close but still leave enough doubt.

ENFP and ENFJ sound like who I am if I am completely at my best
But I score so high on Introversion and really need time away from people to recharge that it seems impossible I am an E

The people who know me best and also understand this theory, insist I am an INFJ and laugh at me when I deny it.
INFJ sounds very little like me from my perspective.
However INFJs also piss me off more than any other type and I am told this is the biggest give away.:huh:

What I am asking then is.. can those who know their stuff.. ask me some tell tale questions that might assist me in finding out what the heck is going on inside my heart and mind so that I can better understand where I stand in of this.??

I would be eternally grateful to those who are willing to share their insight:worthy:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Hmm. I'd almost be willing to trust the 3 INFJs and the ENFP, if you didn't think you won't INFJ. INFJs should recognise their own, and ENFPs and INFJs have a strange dynamic which normally makes it quite easy for them to type eachother. INTJs have the same dominant function so should find it pretty easy to recognise also.

Why do you think you aren't INFJ? Which parts of the profile make it a definite no?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ughh...some people are just not that easy to tell. i have a brother in law who i know very well...and i can't tell if he's infp, isfp or infj it's very confusing when there are just other influences that confuse you....or maybe that's just me and i suck at typing. :)

D

Dali

INFx... I checked a bit of your posting history (stalker alert) and while I'm leaning slightly towards INFJ, I could also see INFP. Need more details...

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
ughh...some people are just not that easy to tell. i have a brother in law who i know very well...and i can't tell if he's infp, isfp or infj it's very confusing when there are just other influences that confuse you....or maybe that's just me and i suck at typing. :)

i don't think it's just you. i get the same thing. i'm an infp, but have been told i am definitely infj and definitely isfp before. in the video thread i got some varied responses as well. so even mannerisms arent always the thing that clue people in on another's type.

i think the confusion with these introverted feeling types lies in part in their (er, our) tendency to really try to relate to the people we are speaking to (to draw that which is similar to the other out of ourselves for the sake of some shared understanding) and thus exhibit varied personas, depending on company and circumstance. the only observable constant really is the I and/or the F being expressed much or the time.

i tend to look at the kinds of values or ideologies attract a person in question, and see if that doesn't reveal something new about their typological orientation. but that's a very Fi driven focus, i guess :cheese:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hmm. I'd almost be willing to trust the 3 INFJs and the ENFP, if you didn't think you won't INFJ. INFJs should recognise their own, and ENFPs and INFJs have a strange dynamic which normally makes it quite easy for them to type eachother. INTJs have the same dominant function so should find it pretty easy to recognise also.

Why do you think you aren't INFJ? Which parts of the profile make it a definite no?
The profile description mostly.. But also I see a lack of accountability in a lot of INFJs and self obsession that isn't like me at all.. don't get me wrong.. I am into myself .. but I don't think I am "special" and I loathe being misunderstood as opposed to being proud of it. of course that is maybe just INFJs being defensive and pretending it doesn't bother them and they like it..
I also never close doors on anything especially people even when they deserve it..I have a hope about things that seems absent in many INFJs.
I think people have more in common than they don't and that Includes INFJs who almost fear being told they are common more than death.
We are also ALL unique and INFJs seem to want to reserve that for themselves quite often.
In short I embrace my humanity and humanity.

INFx... I checked a bit of your posting history (stalker alert) and while I'm leaning slightly towards INFJ, I could also see INFP. Need more details...

My early post history on this site, I was in complete meltdown.. I don't know how accurate it would be. I was also in denial about a few things in myself.
But thank you for stalking me.. I was wondering why the hair on the back of my neck was standing up earlier ;)

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
i don't think it's just you. i get the same thing. i'm an infp, but have been told i am definitely infj and definitely isfp before. in the video thread i got some varied responses as well. so even mannerisms arent always the thing that clue people in on another's type.

i think the confusion with these introverted feeling types lies in part in their (er, our) tendency to really try to relate to the people we are speaking to (to draw that which is similar to the other out of ourselves for the sake of some shared understanding) and thus exhibit varied personas, depending on company and circumstance. the only observable constant really is the I and/or the F being expressed much or the time.

i tend to look at the kinds of values or ideologies attract a person in question, and see if that doesn't reveal something new about their typological orientation. but that's a very Fi driven focus, i guess :cheese:

See I am quite adept at seeing what good is in others and adopting it too.
My personality does not change inasmuch, but I quickly pick up on peoples vibes and adjust .. but my values are open to change when something more solid is presented to me.. and I carry a little bit of every person who has even gotten inside my head and heart with me.
People are my greatest teachers for better or worse .

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
The profile description mostly.. But also I see a lack of accountability in a lot of INFJs and self obsession that isn't like me at all.. don't get me wrong.. I am into myself .. but I don't think I am "special" and I loathe being misunderstood as opposed to being proud of it. of course that is maybe just INFJs being defensive and pretending it doesn't bother them and they like it..
I also never close doors on anything especially people even when they deserve it..I have a hope about things that seems absent in many INFJs.
I think people have more in common than they don't and that Includes INFJs who almost fear being told they are common more than death.
We are also ALL unique and INFJs seem to want to reserve that for themselves quite often.
In short I embrace my humanity and humanity.

I'd guess NFP from that. But there is also the possibility that you are an INFJ with a different enneagram to the other INFJs you know. Not all INFJs are type 4. You might even be the same enneagram, but just see the world differently. There is a lot of variation within types. Type just means you use a similar thinking system to process stuff.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

interesting...in my brother in laws case...i have observed him with my isfj sister...maybe he tries to relate in an s way...i've seen him with my infj mom...and then how he relates to me as an enfp...hmm...it's confusing.