• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Our Local Jesus

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I use both sides aproximately as much. 10 right left 9. On this test, but I know from before that I don't really have a side I use more or less.

That's probably why other ENFP's and other P's who are real rightsided in their brains irritate me so much at times. (Unable to stick to reality, being on time etc).

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
That test isn't better than any other test :D It typed me as ESFP, and i'm totally an Intuitive personality, get strong N on just about every other test, and I know more or less how I work.

It was meant for Urchin, but I would very much like to see your test scores though, because it seems like you might be an ESFP. My best friend is, and she is also very intuitive and has tons of creativity, it's just that her Se is even more intense than her intuition. She is kind of genius though, so it's hard to apply MBTI on her.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, then it would be very crappy o_O I've had like five different MBTI types that i've been SURE about XD Maybe i'm some sort of chameleon? =P

The ones i've had:
ENTJ, was my first, got it at several different tests
ENFJ, but I wasn't that convinced after reading the description.
INTP, when I was depressed and withdrawn from the world last year. Also got this one several times. And for a while I really was like many of the other INTP's at INTPc.

and now ESFP.

WTF ?! Nobody who knows anything what this might mean then? If it's not something wrong with the tests in question, that is. =)

I've more or less taken all free online tests that have surfaced, have read very much about MBTI but I am afraid my knowledge is too limited still to make a judgement.

Got any ideas Splittet?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, then it would be very crappy o_O I've had like five different MBTI types that i've been SURE about XD Maybe i'm some sort of chameleon? =P

The ones i've had:
ENTJ, was my first, got it at several different tests
ENFJ, but I wasn't that convinced after reading the description.
INTP, when I was depressed and withdrawn from the world last year. Also got this one several times. And for a while I really was like many of the other INTP's at INTPc.

and now ESFP.

WTF ?! Nobody who knows anything what this might mean then? If it's not something wrong with the tests in question, that is. =)

I've more or less taken all free online tests that have surfaced, have read very much about MBTI but I am afraid my knowledge is too limited still to make a judgement.

Got any ideas Splittet?

To me the usual MBTI tests are very behaviourist in nature, and when you take them, one tends to be uncertain on maybe a couple of the dichotomies. Am I an introvert or extrovert, perceiver or judger? I believe just taking more of basically the same tests, don't really tell you anything new.

In these cases, when uncertain about preference, a function test is ingenious. It gives you a whole new perspective, a perspective I tend to trust very much to show way in the chaos of regular tests. I don't like to trust it blindly though, and before I conclude you are ESFP, I would very much like to see your test scores. Even a function test is not always unambiguous.

Usehername

On a mission
I am 100% certain about my INTJness but when i took the cognitive skills test I was in a phase in an attempt to balance myself (thinking xxxx would be the ultimate type) I was consciously developing skills at the time that weren't as natural to me.

I came out far more Te and Ti than I should have. My Ni was third. (Fi was forth, the rest were noticeably lagging).

Once I settled back into my "comfortableness" I retested with Ni being dominant and Te 2nd.

point being: don't take the test too literally. I think it was LiquidLaser who had the good point, though, that INTJs know themselves really well, and will recognize themselves in the type descriptions. I know I did instantly.

So if you're an INTJ who thought they were another type, either:
a) you're reading a bad type description (try the murraystate or everything2 descriptions)
b) you've been in an environment where your natural state is not welcomed so you've adapted; this requires self-exploration
c) you are not an INTJ

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This test is CRAZY, now I got ISFP XD

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.1)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************ (12.4)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (38.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.6)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.9)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFJ

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Results are not clear, but what seems certain, is that you are not ENFP.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the only thing that isn't true about me in the ENFP descriptions i've seen is that I don't have the "the grass is greener..."-syndrome

But then again, there are many descriptions matching me. It's strange really.
ENTJ matches me sometimes, when i'm not among close friends especially.
ENFP matches me when i'm around familiar faces and friends. But not when being with somebody I love in a SO-way. Then i'm more of a nurturing stable type.

When I have to solve logical problems, and work with programming, numbers and complex stuff for longer periods of time with almost no private life I go very much INTPish and actually become interested in stuff that when I am "myself" is totally BORING. But when i'm into this state I actually enjoy doing these things more than going out and have a drink. Strange.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
The thing is your extroverted intuition is too weak to be an ENFP. And Ne is the whole reason to the grass is greener on the other side syndrome. Your Ti is quite strong, but you can't be an ENTJ, because your Te is way too weak. ESFP, ISFP, INFJ or ENFJ seem to fit best. It would help immensely if you could figure out which feeling function you identify most with. Extraverted Feeling or Introverted Feeling?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But i'm not at all sure, maybe i'm doing the test wrong =)
I sure don't fit any of those descriptions. And it's not out of vanity or anything, nothing here is right or wrong. But it simply does not fit.

I identify most with Fe.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
But i'm not at all sure, maybe i'm doing the test wrong =)
I sure don't fit any of those descriptions. And it's not out of vanity or anything, nothing here is right or wrong. But it simply does not fit.

I identify most with Fe.

If you identify most with Fe I would say you are either ENFJ or INFJ. I would say ENFJ fits a little bit better. You are well-rounded though.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ doesn't fit at all in the descriptions XD

1. I'm a HORRIBLE pedagogue, I have absolutely NO patience with incompetence
2. I concentrate at one thing at a time
3. I don't try to do everything at once

And the general look at the rest of the description does not rhyme with me.

This is some weird stuff ;)

Usehername

On a mission
If you identify most with Fe I would say you are either ENFJ or INFJ. I would say ENFJ fits a little bit better. You are well-rounded though.

He could also be ESFJ or ISFP (march to the beat of their own drummer...). Try reading the murraystate descriptions because those are decent S descriptions. Maybe part of the problem is that all the type descriptions are written by Ns. So the S descriptions suck because they're written by Ns and not Ss.

You are balanced but I'll bet you can find your type.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm definitely not an introvert when I am "myself", so ISFP is not in question.
What I think when having pondered the question for a few hours now is that I am probably a Weak TJ.

And as said NOT an introvert. Wish then suggests EXTJ. I don't know about that Sensing stuff, but I hate rules and never make any up, expect others to follow norms etc. Wich would make me a crappy ESTJ.

My intuition so to speaks suggests ENTJ, based on my deep thinking in the last hours, and the description fits fairly well.
I am nice and polite most of the time, but can fall madly in love wich speaks towards that I don't have F as one of my main ingredients.

And, honestly, I can be a manipulative bitch, and i'm real good at getting people exactly where I want them to go. But i'm not doing that when i'm not forced to be like that by necessity, because I have high morals.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Any form of SJ is out of the question, because of your clearly weak Si. To me, T is also out of the question, since you very clearly test as F. ENTJ is basically impossible, because of the weak Te, while Ti is stronger. If you are T, you would have to be ESTP or ISTP, but it's far-fetched. You say you are an extrovert, and then your two main alternatives are ENFJ or ESFP, and I clearly favour ENFJ, because you identify more with Fe than Fi.

And to answer your main criticisms towards that typing:

1. Not all ENFJs are good teachers, only most of them.
2. I don't see the contradiction with being ENFJ. It's a J thing to concentrate about one thing at a time …
3. Again, a J thing.

Do you identify with these ENFJ characteristics?

outgoing, social, attention seeking, emotional, loving, organized, comfortable around others, involved, open, hyperactive, complimentary, punctual, considerate, altruistic, easily hurt, neat, content, positive, affectionate, image conscious, good at getting people to have fun, easily excited, perfectionist, assertive, ambitious, leader, hard working, seductive, touchy, group oriented

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But I was questioning that test as a whole. Or the way I answered it. =)

I can be quite emotional and warm, but it is rare that it gets deep.
Some of those points are however true, but far from all of them.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'm definitely not an introvert when I am "myself", so ISFP is not in question.
What I think when having pondered the question for a few hours now is that I am probably a Weak TJ.

And as said NOT an introvert. Wish then suggests EXTJ. I don't know about that Sensing stuff, but I hate rules and never make any up, expect others to follow norms etc. Wich would make me a crappy ESTJ.

My intuition so to speaks suggests ENTJ, based on my deep thinking in the last hours, and the description fits fairly well.
I am nice and polite most of the time, but can fall madly in love wich speaks towards that I don't have F as one of my main ingredients.

And, honestly, I can be a manipulative bitch, and i'm real good at getting people exactly where I want them to go. But i'm not doing that when i'm not forced to be like that by necessity, because I have high morals.
Well then that makes you ENFJ!!

Hay-sus, for the first year or so that I knew about MBTI I typed ENFP. Perhaps you are an ENFP who is developing other functions (like Fe and Se). My word of advice is DON'T RELY ON THE TESTS!

IMO, the most accurate way to determine you type if to figure out if you're an extrovert of introvert. Since you say you're an extrovert which extroverted function (Ne, Se, Fe, Te) are you the most comfortable with? It doesn't have to be a perfect match, but the one you think is most descriptive of you.

Te and Fe are analogous functions as are Se and Ne. It may take a little introspection to figure out which one you're using because they can look alike. I'm trying to think of some questions to help determine the difference between Se and Ne but my brain is lazy right now.

Ygolo made an excellent post in Alicia's thread which may help you out. What may be beneficial to you (if you're sure you're an EN) is to figure out what Interaction Style you're most comfortable with.

ENJs are In Charge
theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this style are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected.
ENPs are Get Things Going
The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Going with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged.
Judging by your posts, you seem to be more Get Things Going. But when I thought I was ENFP I identified heavily with the descriptions. As Usehername suggested, find some good type descriptions and see which one you like.

Personally, I only connect with 60% of the ENFJ profile, but I know I use Fe and a little more Ni than Si. What helped me determine my type (distinguishing from ESFJ and ENFJ) was I started looking at my tertiary. EFJs both have inferior Ti, but I had to figure out if I was using tertiary Ne or Se. I use a really bumbling, low-grade Se that for some odd reason I enjoy engaging in. What's the next extroverted function you see yourself relying on? If you're an ENFP, that would be Te. Niffer is a good example of an ENFP who engages her Te on a regular basis. If you're an ENTJ it would be Se so check out FDG for that. If you're an ENFJ it would be Se as well and I'd recommend myself for that. I don't think you're an ENTP, but if you want an example of an ENTP engaging their tertiary look at Substitute or The Liquid Laser.

You mentioned that other ENFPs sometimes get on your nerves. What about their personality gets on your nerves? Maybe you see something in them that you dislike about yourself. That may help determine your type.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Even if your answers weren't very good, there is no chance in hell you are ENTJ. Your Ti is simply stronger than your Te, and if you are ENTJ, your primary function is Te. If you are a T, you are either ESTP or ISTP. And because you say you are an extrovert, I would have to go with an ESTP reading.