• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a T?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been playing with the idea and talking to a few people about it. Am I a T? Why or why not?

Ask questions... and I'll answer.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I think you are ISTP. We first bonded over me making fun of Fi. You seem detached and perplexed by people who don't respond to what seems to be reasonable, impersonal argumentation. You don't seem to make many values-based decisions, except whatever natural reason dictates should make sense.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My vote is T (but you already knew that ;)). You should make a poll BC. Ya know, so we can be all scientific about dis shit up in here, yo.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
No T would pick his avatar under their own free-will. Not even as a joke. :dont:

And he reminds me of laid-back ISFPs, that seem a little like Ts cuz they're pretty easy-going and steady.

I'm not exactly a BlackCat fanboy though, maybe he does real Ti stuff I don't see.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What made you doubt your an F?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The times we talked, you displayed a greater understanding and use of Fi than I've ever seen from a T. However, I do find in my own experience and personal growth that the more you understand and channel Fi properly, the closer it comes to T. It is a system afterall, and once you are able to step outside of those emotions once they've served their purpose, you tend to become detached from them and use them as tools to further the goal. So perhaps that is causing the confusion ;)

Add to that that you're a 9, if memory serves, which prefer things to be smooth and calm, instead of intense and well..emo, that with your S would explain your laid-back nature and ability to laugh at yourself easier, as well as your irritation with those that do get hung up on typically Fi-things.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And he reminds me of laid-back ISFPs, that seem a little like Ts cuz they're pretty easy-going and steady.

See, I think that this may be clouding people's perceptions of me. This exactly.

What made you doubt your an F?

I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic. This, plus all of what simulated has said.

But again. Could the fact that I'm just easy going, steady, and realistic make me appear to be more T like? Some of my mental processes can resemble Ti, but I'm not too sure if this is again just realism.

I also disvalue letting emotions get the best of me, or anyone else. I can't deal with a lot of F's, especially the NFs I've met. They are just too irrational. I dislike irrational and unreasonable people; and most of the people who I've met who have been like this have been far too emotional.

But perhaps this isn't that I'm a T, but that I grew up with an insanely unhealthy ENFJ. Maybe I learned to disvalue emotion from that. I saw the results of expressing too much emotion and being irrational, and didn't want to do that from a very young age. But I'm not sure that I'm a T.

Yet I still think that I could be one. But it just seems really unclear, and it doesn't seem right.

This may all have to do with the enneagram. I'm not a heart triad type, so I don't appear to be a typical F. I'm not a type 4 ISFP, so I don't seem like a typical one. With 9w8s, the 8 part disvalues and trivializes emotion. I may not appear to be an Fi dom, because people's perceptions of Fi are that of 4's.

Another thing for F is like amargith said. I understand and apply Fi pretty well in my daily life. This Ti that is perceived by myself could just be realism.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
However, I do find in my own experience and personal growth that the more you understand and channel Fi properly, the closer it comes to T.

That's really interesting. Can you elaborate a bit on it?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm just not that motivated by feelings that much. My main motivator is logic. This, plus all of what simulated has said.

But again. Could the fact that I'm just easy going, steady, and realistic make me appear to be more T like? Some of my mental processes can resemble Ti, but I'm not too sure if this is again just realism.

I also disvalue letting emotions get the best of me, or anyone else. I can't deal with a lot of F's, especially the NFs I've met. They are just too irrational. I dislike irrational and unreasonable people; and most of the people who I've met who have been like this have been far too emotional.

But perhaps this isn't that I'm a T, but that I grew up with an insanely unhealthy ENFJ. Maybe I learned to disvalue emotion from that. I saw the results of expressing too much emotion and being irrational, and didn't want to do that from a very young age. But I'm not sure that I'm a T.

Yet I still think that I could be one. But it just seems really unclear, and it doesn't seem right.

This may all have to do with the enneagram. I'm not a heart triad type, so I don't appear to be a typical F. I'm not a type 4 ISFP, so I don't seem like a typical one. With 9w8s, the 8 part disvalues and trivializes emotion. I may not appear to be an Fi dom, because people's perceptions of Fi are that of 4's.

Another thing for F is like amargith said. I understand and apply Fi pretty well in my daily life.
Hmmm. Yes I see. But some of the points you put down are a bit invalid. I can see Fi being annoyed with Fe. They don't always harmonise. And enneagram 9 seems somewhat effective for an Fi user. Why are you into psychology? Also, What function do you think it was that made you uncertain of your type?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's really interesting. Can you elaborate a bit on it?

Fi is a system, much like Ti. Though emotions may fuel it, it works best when those are channeled and processed without being overwhelmed by them. In fact, if you are aware an emotion is influencing you and consciously ride it out till you notice you're no longer overwhelmed, you're able to step back and look at the emotion itself, without being influenced by it, giving you an idea of how it works and why it impacts you so. you can manipulate it. Play with it. Testride it. Put it in a different context, put a spin on it, see what effect it has when you add another emotion in the mix, you name it. And given enough practice, it allows you to intervene next time that particular emotion pops up in a situation where it's not productive. Or, if it is, how to enhance it to create more effect.

You start to understand the 'process' and 'inner workings' of a particular emotion, and start to see the cause and effect of that particular emotion in a specific context. Once you have that data, people start making 'emotional sense' as you can see the emotional building blocks behind their actions.

At least, that's how I experience it.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watching your videos before, and the way you expounded the theory just seemed so T[P]. But I don't really know much about male ISFP's, so couldn't figure if it might have been compatible with that type.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, I still think you're a young NF who likes to re-evaluate himself often.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ts usually know they're Ts, I've found. And male ISFPs don't really seem like Fs, seem unflappable and such because they're such chill dudes. Like Han Solo.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been playing with the idea and talking to a few people about it. Am I a T? Why or why not?

Ask questions... and I'll answer.

I'm voting F. I felt that ISFP or INFP could work for you, but I'm having a hard time seeing you as an ISTP. It's possible that you are reflecting an ISTP shadow in response to your mom.

Of course, we know how this will play out. Even if F wins out, you'll still end up going to T because it "feels right" or something! :p

Yes, I think you are ISTP. We first bonded over me making fun of Fi. You seem detached and perplexed by people who don't respond to what seems to be reasonable, impersonal argumentation. You don't seem to make many values-based decisions, except whatever natural reason dictates should make sense.

The first part doesn't mean he's not Fi, though. I don't know enough about BC's latest decisions to comment the on rest of it, so you might be onto something with your last point.

However, I do find in my own experience and personal growth that the more you understand and channel Fi properly, the closer it comes to T.

I think there's truth to this. It's a matter of contextualizing emotions. If an Fi user can manage that, then emotions can become only one factor in deciding, and may not even be the most important one. F, but not emotional.

BlueFlame

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

I don't know you, so I can't put in my vote, but that could definitely be a huge factor in why someone seems more *T,* than your average *F.* I grew up in a whole bowl of unhealthy, especially with an unhealthy ENFP, and that's pounded into my head that following emotions leads to nothing but bad things, and I desperately resist other people's attempts to make me feel ANYthing, and when I deal with my own emotions outside of Fe, it's in a very Ti fashion.

However, I don't think anyone would ever confuse me for a *T,* so there must be something more to it than that.

I agree though, most ISFP males I've know how been very stable and laid-back, so if you combined that with an overdeveloped Twhatever, that could definitely cause some confusion.

Good luck on your quest! :cool: