• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An INFTJP...?

WindUpBird

MBTI Type
INxx
First of all, hi, because this is my first post outside of the welcome area!

All of the tests I've taken cement me as INxx (though I'm close to the border of I and E). The problem is those last two letters... I'm at around 50% each time I test; usually I end up with INTP or INFJ, though I've gotten INFP once (but never INTJ).

I think that when I test I tend to be somewhat critical of myself and my social abilities... would this be in line with the perfectionist tendencies of an INFJ? I don't think that I need as much alone time or am nearly as aloof as INTPs are described to be; In a relationship, I'm very warm and open, and I have several good friends with whom I connect, as well as a good number of acquaintances with whom I get along.

Any insight on this? : )

haag261390

you haven't given any description whether or not you're a J or a P.

it seems to me that you're an INF.

consider taking the functions test, maybe it will all clear up the confusion.

WindUpBird

MBTI Type
INxx
Sorry, I'm still relatively new to all of this. : P

I checked out the myersbriggs.org site for description, and came up with this:

(bolded stuff is what describes me)

Judging:

* I like to have things decided.
* I appear to be task oriented.
* I like to make lists of things to do.
* I like to get my work done before playing.
* I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
* Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.

Perceiving:

* I like to stay open to respond to whatever happens.
* I appear to be loose and casual. I like to keep plans to a minimum.

* I like to approach work as play or mix work and play.
* I work in bursts of energy.
* I am stimulated by an approaching deadline.
* Sometimes I stay open to new information so long I miss making decisions when they are needed.

It's things like these that make me confused. Also, what does the Myers Briggs scale say about people who are near the middle on everything?

haag261390

consider taking this test

Worldpersonality.com - test your personality

but then again, know that tests can't determine everything. But that might help.

I figured that the function test might be too confusing for you.

MBTI suggests that it's not possible to be both a personality type. In your case, an INFJ or an INFP. You're either one but you can't be both.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hi!

The tests aren't really that accurate. I suggest reading the profiles and decide which fit you more. Also, you could try describing more about yourself -- general things you can think of, and especially how you deal with people, conflicts and social situations :)

WindUpBird

MBTI Type
INxx
Hmm. People, conflicts, and social situations...

I am well-liked by most people and welcome pretty much anywhere. There a few people who seem cool towards me but I don't think that that's unique to me (they're like that to others as well). I do generally do well in social situations, but I can be a bit reserved. I think that's more a product of being a military brat and breaking into dozens of new social circles over my life; that has made me a little extra cautious.

I'm really good at understanding and feeling the problems of others (this might sound dumb, but I sympathize with the big black guy from the Green Mile : P), and friends and family have told me this. For a while I considered becoming a priest because of this. As I've gotten older, I've learned to block out my empathy because I don't want to feel the pain of other people (because it hurts).

I can be argumentative when talking about something I believe in, but serious conflicts get to me, especially if it's someone I care about. If my girlfriend or close friend and I have a big conflict and are not on speaking terms, I almost lose my mind because it makes me so nervous and uncomfortable. It actually gets in the way of me performing my normal daily activities.

I'm in the middle in social situations. I can have a great discussion with someone I've never met, and am usually able to steer the conversation in a way that keep them somewhat interested. I'm not the life of the party, though, and have a lot of trouble remembering names (though I'll remember everything we talked about!). I'm not too fond of crowds, but they don't make me uneasy or anything. I'm not nervous when around the opposite sex and often take the initiative in relationships. I'm generally pretty serious about relationships; I only pick people that I think I can have a long term relationship with.

Finally, something else interesting... I have an uncanny knack for assessing people right off the bat. I can meet someone, talk to them for ten minutes, and tell you what kind of person they are, how trustworthy they are, etc. And I'm about 95% right.

Thanks for reading. : )

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Heh, if your avatar means you want to be real/true to yourself, then there's a chance you are a Enneagram 4 INFP :)

WindUpBird

MBTI Type
INxx
Nah, it's the second character in my Chinese name, 周真宁. It _is_ important to be true to yourself, but I definitely also think there's a right and wrong way to do things.

I'll have to look into Enneagrams, I tried the test once but didn't understand it very well.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You haven't given very much information...try discussing more about your personal life, hobbies, interests, job, beliefs about what's most important in life, etc.

Also, as 21% said, the tests aren't very accurate. Many people frequently test into types that don't fit them, so take them with a grain (ok, a big spoonful) of salt.

G

Ginkgo

I think I'm going to make my signature some obscure Asian quote written in Chinese and then attribute it to some famous American author to see what happens.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
You haven't given very much information...try discussing more about your personal life, hobbies, interests, job, beliefs about what's most important in life, etc.

Also, as 21% said, the tests aren't very accurate. Many people frequently test into types that don't fit them, so take them with a grain (ok, a big spoonful) of salt.

Simulatedworld is correct. We really need more information about you, not the tests that you have taken. In order help you with your type, we need to know what makes you tick.

Tell us what motivates you in life. What gets your interest, what gets you worked up, and why? Also, what are your flaws?

Most important, don't try to relate your answers to MBTI yet. Just answer them on instinct, as it where, and that will give us the best guide.

WindUpBird

MBTI Type
INxx
Simulatedworld is correct. We really need more information about you, not the tests that you have taken. In order help you with your type, we need to know what makes you tick.

Tell us what motivates you in life. What gets your interest, what gets you worked up, and why? Also, what are your flaws?

Most important, don't try to relate your answers to MBTI yet. Just answer them on instinct, as it where, and that will give us the best guide.

I think this is the best way to sum up my motivation. I'm motivated to achieve my full potential in my roles in life, namely to exceed in my field of work, be an excellent friend, spouse, and father, and to pursue my interests in music and art. All this is framed within a strict moral framework and a religious worldview.

I'm most interested in differences between people and how and why they perceive things the way they do. This and a love of adventure and new experiences have shaped my ambitions. I want my career to influence people and/or the world for the better, as well as be exciting and test my abilities.

Things that get me worked up, and flaws...

* I can argue for hours about theology or moral issues; I guess I'm a little inflexible on those.

* A result of my snap judgments of peoples' characters is that I often write people off before getting to know them deeply (though again, I'm usually right).

* I feel a need to be the best in my fields of interest and so I sometimes feel jealous of and dislike people that do better than me.

* I'm a spelling freak and grammar Nazi (though I make mistakes sometimes too)

* I often look for flaws in other people and blame those when we have minor conflicts.

Also, to the man who claimed I was quoting Mark Twain in Chinese...

一位著名人说的话。
-Mark Twain

That would be quoting him as saying something in Chinese. Compare it with my signature. Note the subtle difference. Thank me for the free lesson. ; )

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
What about INFJ?

At first, I was thinking INFP, which is my second guess.

Third would be INTJ.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
NF.... I lean towards INFJ.

But I'm bias as heck. :)

Question: How do you deal with internal biases? For example, if somebody who dresses like a homeless person walks up to you. What do you do?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
His feeling sounds decidedly introverted. He talks about moral duty and making snap value judgments of people internally. I don't really see INFJ.

WindUpBird

MBTI Type
INxx
NF.... I lean towards INFJ.

But I'm bias as heck. :)

Question: How do you deal with internal biases? For example, if somebody who dresses like a homeless person walks up to you. What do you do?

Well, I guess I'd think a bit less of them, but I wouldn't show it. How hard is it to put proper clothes on every morning?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's too feely for an intj. Plus that thing about thinking about being a priest, and about how relationship issues really bother............infj, I'd say.