• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

i feel like an infp masquerading as an entp

autobombo

MBTI Type
xNTP
the wittiness and cleverness of the ENTP is what i revert to when i need something, most often the company of other people or sex
the infp, the sensitivity and negativity and self consciousness is what i revert to when i'm sad, or in a bad mood, or alone, or comfortable in a relationship
i don't know which i "am"

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, I would say that you should take a look at the cognitive functions to determine your typing, not type descriptions.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The wittiness and cleverness of an ENTP often stems from the random tangents Ne provides, methinks. INFPs are proficient in Ne.

Anyone can be negative or self conscious when down.

Why do you want to know what you are?

autobombo

MBTI Type
xNTP
The wittiness and cleverness of an ENTP often stems from the random tangents Ne provides, methinks. INFPs are proficient in Ne.

Anyone can be negative or self conscious when down.

Why do you want to know what you are?

because then i can have the things i want
like happiness

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Interesting. I can't read your tone, pls select the most accurate:

:unsure: :) :newwink: :devil: :emot-emo: :happy2: or

sigpic4324_10.gif

Ever read the descriptions here?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Clearly 4 was xNTP, 5 was INFP and 6 was ENTP. You must be mistyped :D

I claim no magical typing skills online but if you're being serious then Fi dom works for me. The reason I'm so unsure about if you're being sarcastic or not is, well, most ENTPs are being sarcastic, even when they're serious =/ well that and you seemed to have skipped each part where someone has given suggestions about how to type yourself.

You can now officially be INFP, you're welcome. If anyone gives you grief about it say I said it's ok.

Why yes, yes I am full of shit.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the wittiness and cleverness of the ENTP is what i revert to when i need something, most often the company of other people or sex
the infp, the sensitivity and negativity and self consciousness is what i revert to when i'm sad, or in a bad mood, or alone, or comfortable in a relationship
i don't know which i "am"

So you are ENTP when you are at you are clever, witty, and using people for sex, and INFP when you are being all emo. Nice!

Okay, more seriously it's an interesting comparison because the two types are VERY different. My first guess for you would be ENFP simply because that type comes closest to being both, and you seem to depend on company and connection for happiness, which makes me favor an E.

B

brainheart

I dunno, I don't think they're all that different. I mean, people are always arguing either INFP or ENTP for John Lennon.

I think possibly that ENTPs can become socially insecure, due to tertiary Fe (paranoia that no one likes them or they need to please others), and so they can take on a sort of INFP aura to protect themselves or to not offend anyone or to not make an ass of themselves. I know this probably doesn't make a lot of sense, but I can relate to the OP. Also, I think they secretly care a great deal about others and you couple that with the dominant Ne and it can look like INFP as well.

And yes, I know this is old.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
So you are ENTP when you are at you are clever, witty, and using people for sex, and INFP when you are being all emo. Nice!

"My cat ate dog food on Monday, so on Monday he was a dog" is very Fe logic.

I'm going with ENTP.

B

brainheart

I think Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes may be one of these situations, too. It's almost as if (I'm theorizing) INFP Bill Watterson set out to make an ENTP type character, but a lot of his INFP feelings/thoughts/experiences seeped in. And don't use the no friends argument to show he's an introvert. He has no friends because everyone thinks he's a weirdo, because he's in total dominant Ne land. That was for sure my experience, too. And I didn't care a good chunk of the time, because I was always thinking of cool new ideas/things to play, and no one else wanted to play like that. So my stuffed animals played them with me.

But that's just my theory, and I'm really hungry so I can't give more supporting evidence at the moment, not to mention it's totally deviating from the subject.

Fecal McAngry

I dunno, I don't think they're all that different. I mean, people are always arguing either INFP or ENTP for John Lennon.

While I think you'd have to be batty or ignorant to seriously believe JL to be an ENTP, he was acquainted with a famous ENTP who was featured in his performance and "video" for "Give Peace A Chance."

I LOVE the portrait of said ENTP in this book:

Amazon.com: Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream (9780802135872): Jay Stevens: Books

B

brainheart

^^ Ever read his writing? It's so Roald Dahl-esque it's absurd. He also had a sort of Oscar Wilde-ishness about him.

In His Own Write - Google Books

Not to mention the weird-ass things that came out of his mouth...

But whatever. I was just pointing out that people argue about it. Not trying to make a case for him being an ENTP.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I notice this pattern a lot.

Witty INFPs getting typed as ENTP because they actually have a sense of humor.

Yes, we may have a rigid moral system, but darnit we do sarcasm-quips well, too.

So, Shakespeare is INFP. Calvin is INFP. John Lennon? INFP.

They're arguable just as any typings for anyone else is, including everyone on this forum, but for the most part they are that.

Fecal McAngry

^^ Ever read his writing? It's so Roald Dahl-esque it's absurd. He also had a sort of Oscar Wilde-ishness about him.

In His Own Write - Google Books

Not to mention the weird-ass things that came out of his mouth...

But whatever. I was just pointing out that people argue about it. Not trying to make a case for him being an ENTP.

Yeah. Wilde was an ENFP. Lennon was an INFP. Lewis Carol was an INTP. What's the commonality? Ne...

Well, Shakespeare, he’s in the alley
With his pointed shoes and his bells
Speaking to some French girl
Who says she knows me well
And I would send a message
To find out if she’s talked
But the post office has been stolen
And the mailbox is locked...