• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, INTP, or INTJ?

Fairymouse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5W4
All input appreciated. Thanks. :)

1. Always hit deadlines and get stressed out by things I can't control that interfere with hitting deadlines.

2. A bit of a perfectionist.

3. I'm a woman, but don't care about anything that people would traditionally call "girly".

4. Strangers used to tell me their life stories until I got a bit older and more withdrawn.

5. Love the quest for knowledge and learning.

6. Not very spontaneous but not big on planning either.

7. Do not like being in crowds or at events that require lots of socializing.

8. Loved university and got degrees in arts and sciences. Graduated top of my class in the arts degree.

9. Artistic but more on the writing side.

10. Like fixing things but not super-geeky in terms of being in to engineering/physics/math.

11. Have compassion for people but I'm also in to justice (i.e. people should get what's coming to them.)

12. Hate corporate structure and the business world.

13. Dislike leading teams of people, especially if the teams are full of idiots. :)

14. Not touchy-feely. Can discuss feelings but only with people very close to me.

15. Feel that want to do something important/worthwhile with my career.

16. Love investigating things and doing research.

17. Can be very hermit-like and prefer to work on my own.

18. Watch documenatries rather than tv shows.

19. Hate idle chit-chat and prefer good conversation/debate with interesting people.

20. Fairly good social skills but people sometimes find me difficult to read.

21 Arch-nemisis: people who work in marketing.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
You established the I and the N parts with what you wrote, but nothing to really distinguish between F/T and P/J.

INFP, INTP, or INTJ?

INFPs are interested in ideas as it relates to people, all people.

INTJs are interested in ideas Period. But they also hold their friendships very deeply, just not as intellectually curious as the INFPs about people, personalities and dynamics, especially if it won't benefit them directly. If they are looking for a intimate relationship, they will use a lot of energy psychoanalyzing that person.

The INFPs can be just as withdrawn as both T types and difficult with expressing emotions.

Have you read several profiles? Which one can you immediately relate to the most? TypeLogic has very detailed profiles, also explains your function very well. They are my favorite. Also think about your relationships with other people. INFPs and INTPs are more drawn to SF types than INTJs who prefer NT and NF types strongly (this may be subjective data, hahaha).

I can very much relate to a couple of things you wrote. :)

Also, check out type communication styles, it's in the forum somewhere.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
All input appreciated. Thanks. :)

1. Always hit deadlines and get stressed out by things I can't control that interfere with hitting deadlines.

2. A bit of a perfectionist.

3. I'm a woman, but don't care about anything that people would traditionally call "girly".

4. Strangers used to tell me their life stories until I got a bit older and more withdrawn.

5. Love the quest for knowledge and learning.

6. Not very spontaneous but not big on planning either.

7. Do not like being in crowds or at events that require lots of socializing.

8. Loved university and got degrees in arts and sciences. Graduated top of my class in the arts degree.

9. Artistic but more on the writing side.

10. Like fixing things but not super-geeky in terms of being in to engineering/physics/math.

11. Have compassion for people but I'm also in to justice (i.e. people should get what's coming to them.)

12. Hate corporate structure and the business world.

13. Dislike leading teams of people, especially if the teams are full of idiots. :)

14. Not touchy-feely. Can discuss feelings but only with people very close to me.

15. Feel that want to do something important/worthwhile with my career.

16. Love investigating things and doing research.

17. Can be very hermit-like and prefer to work on my own.

18. Watch documenatries rather than tv shows.

19. Hate idle chit-chat and prefer good conversation/debate with interesting people.

20. Fairly good social skills but people sometimes find me difficult to read.

21 Arch-nemisis: people who work in marketing.

this might describe me and i am infj

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you sound like an INFJ. More information would help, though :)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You've definitely established the INxx.

#1 and #2 indicate more of a J.

So you could be INTJ or INFJ given what you've written so far. Read up on both of those and see which seems to apply better. In particular check out what the typical problems are for each type. The problems are usually more specific and easy to identify as your own. The "positive attributes" are often too generic, and well, we want to hear the positive things, so we don't reject the false positives as readily as we should.

The main difference between INTJ and INFJ: INTJ is fairly insensitive to others emotional states and subjective attitudes, while the INFJ is very much aware of how other people are feeling and what their motives might be.

ms jennifer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sounds like you want to be an INTJ, but I vote no.

That's exactly why you seem like an INFJ.
Emotions...those silly things.