• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugghh... What's My Type?

What's my Type?

• INFP

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Someting Else

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

You continually describe yourself as non-INFP. I don't get what the difficulty here is.

It's harder for introverts to figure out the last letter because P/J indicates which of the top two functions is extroverted (not dominant), which for introverts is not the dominant but the secondary.

You might be thinking "gosh I don't show that many J characteristics" but remember that IxxJs are dominant in introverted perception, so their favorite thing to do is interpret meaning/significance subjectively. The J only describes the attitude they're using when they make a point of extroverting, which is less frequent for introverts than use of their dominant introverted perception!

No, I describe myself, then you transpose these behaviors as an INFJ because they correspond with your understanding of INFJs as we are caught in this infinitely small moment of time between the past and the future, otherwise known as your present framework of reality. :yes:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope you all know that this is a facade.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, really, you read it wrong. He was giving ENFPs as examples. What he's referring to is something that both ENFP and ESFPs sometimes do when they're crossed. INFPs don't quite react the same way, which is why the negative perception of them is just that they're more whiny or emo because they don't have the Ne/Te pushing the emo out forcefully.

Fi cradled by Ne and Te = Fi between Ne and Te.

I know what he meant; my point was that, even if he didn't intend it, what he said adds weight to the argument that he's not an NFP of any sort.

And btw, I think INFPs quite often react forcefully with Ne/Te when their values are violated. Look at all the Fi threads.

No, I describe myself, then you transpose these behaviors as an INFJ because they correspond with your understanding of INFJs as we are caught in this infinitely small moment of time between the past and the future, otherwise known as your present framework of reality. :yes:

And Jag thinks you have no Ni??

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know what he meant; my point was that, even if he didn't intend it, what he said adds weight to the argument that he's not an NFP of any sort.

And btw, I think INFPs quite often react forcefully with Ne/Te when their values are violated. Look at all the Fi threads.

We're talking about actual outbursts, not threads. Of course, it's understandable for you to make this mistake, because it would be impossible for you to understand that from his text because you haven't experienced what Wonka (and I) sometimes do in vent. Never known an INFP to do the same. Others have agreed that this is something that ExFPs do.

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA"]YAY[/YOUTUBE]

Oki sleepytime.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We're talking about actual outbursts, not threads. Of course, it's understandable for you to make this mistake, because it would be impossible for you to understand that from his text because you haven't experienced what Wonka (and I) sometimes do in vent. Never known an INFP to do the same. Others have agreed that this is something that ExFPs do.

Umm...great. That's really beside the point and doesn't actually contradict my last post.

Describing himself as functionally different from ENFPs also implies that it's likely he's functionally different INFPs too, since INFP is the most functionally similar type to ENFP. This is just inductive reasoning and it doesn't require having experienced whatever outbursts you're talking about firsthand.

I'm ESFP, remember?

Nah, I said you'd resemble a very extroverted ESFP with poor Fi, if you didn't have any Ni. The point is that when you drop the secondary function, the dom+tert combination that results is the same two functions of the dom+tert in the type that shares only the first letter with you, but differs on the last three.

Since you do have pretty good Ni, you rarely resemble an ESFP. This would only happen during moments of strong Se use, filtered through your dominant Te.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Umm...great. That's really beside the point and doesn't actually contradict my last post.

Describing himself as functionally different from ENFPs also implies that it's likely he's functionally different INFPs too, since INFP is the most functionally similar type to ENFP. This is just inductive reasoning and it doesn't require having experienced whatever outbursts you're talking about firsthand.

Yeah, you were just wrong and are now making up some bullshit to cover for it.

BTW, great song, Tater.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good god. And you complain when I tell you your reading comprehension sucks. :doh:

It's just funny to see someone who takes such petty delight in others mistakes to refuse to admit that he simply didn't understand something clearly. It's human to misinterpret other people's words or to need to clarify the meaning. Inductive reasoning can't always save the day.

But you're still my favorite ENTP!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's just funny to see someone who takes such petty delight in others mistakes to refuse to admit that he simply didn't understand something clearly. It's human to misinterpret other people's words or to need to clarify the meaning. Inductive reasoning can't always save the day.

But you're still my favorite ENTP!

Okay, but I never even meant to imply that I had any direct understanding of the outbursts he was talking about--you made the assumption that I was saying I did, and then proceeded to "correct" a perceived "mistake" based on an incorrect reading of what I actually meant.

By the way, n00bs, you're all being trolled. He knows he's INFJ and decided to act INFP just to screw with public opinion and manipulate people. It's all one big Ni+Fe social experiment and the best part of the joke is that he gets the last laugh:

mystictater2.jpg

mystictater1.jpg

G

Ginkgo

Okay, but I never even meant to imply that I had any direct understanding of the outbursts he was talking about--you made the assumption that I was saying I did, and then proceeded to "correct" a mistake based on an incorrect reading of what I actually meant.

By the way, n00bs, you're all being trolled. He knows he's INFJ and decided to act INFP just to screw with public opinion and manipulate people. It's all one big Ni+Fe social experiment and the best part of the joke is that he gets the last laugh:

mystictater2.jpg

mystictater1.jpg

No. Why do you like to slant it in your bias all the time? You're so selfish. :(

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I posted the full context in both cases. What slanting occurred?

Jaguar

Nah, I said you'd resemble a very extroverted ESFP with poor Fi, if you didn't have any Ni. The point is that when you drop the secondary function, the dom+tert combination that results is the same two functions of the dom+tert in the type that shares only the first letter with you, but differs on the last three.

Since you do have pretty good Ni, you rarely resemble an ESFP. This would only happen during moments of strong Se use, filtered through your dominant Te.

We've never had a conversation about ESFP's, ever.
You really do make up shit as you go along. It's ridiculous.

Sim, man. Get Help. I'm sick of you fucking with this kid.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, but I never even meant to imply that I had any direct understanding of the outbursts he was talking about--you made the assumption that I was saying I did, and then proceeded to "correct" a perceived "mistake" based on an incorrect reading of what I actually meant.

mystictater2.jpg

mystictater1.jpg

1) I was clarifying and supplying you with information, and you have so much ego about being right that you have to twist it like a pretzel to try to make yourself look "correct."

2) Again, with ego about being right, you use an old email from like six months ago about a completely unrelated thread to try to prove your point about Tater.

BECAUSE BEING RIGHT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN LIFE!!!111

G

Ginkgo

Oh, I'd love to hear about this one.

From The Art of Controversy by Arthur Schopenhauer

The Extension.—This consists in carrying your opponent’s proposition beyond its natural limits; in giving it as general a signification and as wide a sense as possible, so as to exaggerate it; and, on the other hand, in giving your own proposition as restricted a sense and as narrow limits as you can, because the more general a statement becomes, the more numerous are the objections to which it is open. The defence consists in an accurate statement of the point or essential question at issue.
Example 1.—I asserted that the English were supreme in drama. My opponent attempted to give an instance to the contrary, and replied that it was a well-known fact that in music, and consequently in opera, they could do nothing at all. I repelled the attack by reminding him that music was not included in dramatic art, which covered tragedy and comedy alone. This he knew very well. What he had done was to try to generalise my proposition, so that it would apply to all theatrical representations, and, consequently, to opera and then to music, in order to make certain of defeating me. Contrarily, we may save our proposition by reducing it within narrower limits than we had first intended, if our way of expressing it favours this expedient.
Example 2.—A. declares that the Peace of 1814 gave back their independence to all the German towns of the Hanseatic League. B. gives an instance to the contrary by reciting the fact that Dantzig, which received its independence from Buonaparte, lost it by that Peace. A. saves himself thus: “I said ‘all German towns,’ and Dantzig was in Poland.”
This trick was mentioned by Aristotle in the Topica (bk. viii., cc. 11, 12).
Example 3.—Lamarck, in his Philosophic Zoologique (vol. i., p. 208), states that the polype has no feeling, because it has no nerves. It is certain, however, that it has some sort of perception; for it advances towards light by moving in an ingenious fashion from branch to branch, and it seizes its prey. Hence it has been assumed that its nervous system is spread over the whole of its body in equal measure, as though it were blended with it; for it is obvious that the polype possesses some faculty of perception without having any separate organs of sense. Since this assumption refutes Lamarck’s position, he argues thus: “In that case all parts of its body must be capable of every kind of feeling, and also of motion, of will, of thought. The polype would have all the organs of the most perfect animal in every point of its body; every point could see, smell, taste, hear, and so on; nay, it could think, judge, and draw conclusions; every particle of its body would be a perfect animal and it would stand higher than man, as every part of it would possess all the faculties which man possesses only in the whole of him. Further, there would be no reason for not extending what is true of the polype to all monads, the most imperfect of all creatures, and ultimately to the plants, which are also alive, etc., etc.” By using dialectical tricks of this kind a writer betrays that he is secretly conscious of being in the wrong. Because it was said that the creature’s whole body is sensitive to light, and is therefore possessed of nerves, he makes out that its whole body is capable of thought.