• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugghh... What's My Type?

What's my Type?

• INFP

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • INFJ

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Someting Else

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't see the similarity. Purple is like pure Fi energy.

She's really silly and random and weird.

Other people in vent have said the same, comparing the two.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This "Ne" that he has is just Ni. It feels too forced to be Ne, too organized. Like he's forcing it to look like Ne to be more appealing. He tends to just let loose mentally and be weird, and justifies that randomness as Ne.

G

Ginkgo

It depends. What do you fear might happen if you go along with that agenda without knowing the specifics? What might you be forced into that you are uncomfortable with and why?

Usually because I had other plans for the day or something in that regard.

Well, every type focuses on personal growth in some way. That's not really type-specific. The question is what are you adapting to? Are you trying to align with the cultural expectations of those important to you (Fe), or change your environment by broadening context to invent new approaches to things (Ne)?

Ne. It's always a process of revolution in ideas. What works now? How can we change it? People are usually involved. When I'm discussing something with a person, I can feel the boundaries between me and them. How will they react? I don't want them to explode like a chemistry experiment gone awry. Sometimes I do; but rarely.

Uggh...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Usually because I had other plans for the day or something in that regard.

That sounds Fe. The Fi answer would be along the lines of: "It might violate my principles and I just couldn't deal with that." Look at Heart's explanation:

It is a matter of principle with me. 'cause it'll kill my being.

But your answer is basically, "Because it might interfere with my predefined objectives", which is very J.

Ne. It's always a process of revolution in ideas. What works now? How can we change it? People are usually involved. When I'm discussing something with a person, I can feel the boundaries between me and them. How will they react? I don't want them to explode like a chemistry experiment gone awry. Sometimes I do; but rarely.

Uggh...

I think what you've described here is more Ni. What I said about Ne--broadening the context to change the meaning--is different from what you're saying here. Thinking about the different ways people might react and different ways we could look at the problem to come to different solutions are Ni tendencies.

When I say Ne, I mean things like throwing out the entire current approach and leaping blindly into a new one on a whim, and then following your impulses about what connects to what in order to cobble together your own style. It's much less calculated than what you seem to describe.

G

Ginkgo

It is a matter of principle with me. 'cause it'll kill my being.

That doesn't even make sense. It's an exaggeration.

If you were to ask me to eat some steak, I might say yes or no, depending on whether I had other contingencies like reading or walking or being habitually lazy.

I think you might just be referring to what you feel like when your morals are infringed upon, but I am talking about plans. When my morals are infringed upon, I tell the person what they're doing that bothers me for future reference.

Sometimes I see people like Wonkavision get ebullient on vent (though I love the guy) because someone is trying to stick a label on him. He lashes out with Te quickly and puts up barriers. I'm not exactly like this. I also see other ENFPs on the forum who feel they've been goaded very easily; so then they use Te to prod their opponents. It's always so fun to watch Fi being cradled by Ne and Te. I'm not like this though.

G

Ginkgo

^ durrrrr INFJ

Am I an INFJ because I am an INFJ, or do I look like an INFJ because you want me to be an INFJ?

You know, sometimes I see you and Vagrant explicitly labeling functions within a posters behavior. So far, I have not seen you do this so brashly. Is it because you aren't confident enough in your premise of my type?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Am I an INFJ because I am an INFJ, or do I look like an INFJ because you want me to be an INFJ?

You know, sometimes I see you and Vagrant explicitly labeling functions within a posters behavior. So far, I have not seen you do this so brashly. Is it because you aren't confident enough in your premise of my type?

That is one possible interpretation, isn't it, Ni?

Jaguar

INFJ it is. Slap the label on him and he is now human.
He has no Ni whatsoever but hey, that's a minor detail for a Dom Ni. :rolleyes:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wasn't it the INFPs who get the most confused about their type?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wasn't it the INFPs who get the most confused about their type?

No, it's the INFPs who most resist being typed in the first place. Lots of people of every type get confused about their type.

G

Ginkgo

INFJ it is. Slap the label on him and he is now human.
He has no Ni whatsoever but hey, that's a minor detail for a Dom Ni. :rolleyes:

When you edit your post like that, it makes it look like simulated is dragging something further out of context within his quote. It's funny.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I see people like Wonkavision get ebullient on vent (though I love the guy) because someone is trying to stick a label on him. He lashes out with Te quickly and puts up barriers. I'm not exactly like this. I also see other ENFPs on the forum who feel they've been goaded very easily; so then they use Te to prod their opponents. It's always so fun to watch Fi being cradled by Ne and Te. I'm not like this though.

You continually describe yourself as non-INFP. I don't get what the difficulty here is.

It's harder for introverts to figure out the last letter because P/J indicates which of the top two functions is extroverted (not dominant), which for introverts is not the dominant but the secondary.

You might be thinking "gosh I don't show that many J characteristics" but remember that IxxJs are dominant in introverted perception, so their favorite thing to do is interpret meaning/significance subjectively. The J only describes the attitude they're using when they make a point of extroverting, which is less frequent for introverts than use of their dominant introverted perception!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You continually describe yourself as non-INFP. I don't get what the difficulty here is.

It's harder for introverts to figure out the last letter because P/J indicates which of the top two functions is extroverted (not dominant), which for introverts is not the dominant but the secondary.

You might be thinking "gosh I don't show that many J characteristics" but remember that IxxJs are dominant in introverted perception, so their favorite thing to do is interpret meaning/significance subjectively. The J only describes the attitude they're using when they make a point of extroverting, which is less frequent for introverts than use of their dominant introverted perception!

What you highlighted there...that's Tater saying that he's not an ENFP with bursts of tert Te rage. He didn't say he's not INFP. INFPs behave a bit differently.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What you highlighted there...that's Tater saying that he's not an ENFP with bursts of tert Te rage. He didn't say he's not INFP. INFPs behave a bit differently.

He says it's fun to watch Fi being cradled by Ne and Te (which applies to both NFP types), and that he's not like this. He didn't explicitly say he's not INFP, but he keeps describing NFP tendencies and then distancing himself from them.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is my post on another thread. This may help in the way function are seen depending how you view them. Could you be very close to an XNFX which is why you find it hard type yourself?

Alright here. I made this to help explain the two views functions are seen in.

Analogue View

Picture4.png
Picture3.png

This works as it indicates you can't be Ni without Se or Ne without Si. Same with Te/Fi and Fe/Ti.
It gives an understanding to the functions and MBTI types in an easy fashion.

Digital View
The digital view looks at it in the black and white.

The functions have an order. There is no in-between solution of the function.

It is not this:

Picture7.png

It is this:

Picture6.png

There is no in-between.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He says it's fun to watch Fi being cradled by Ne and Te (which applies to both NFP types), and that he's not like this. He didn't explicitly say he's not INFP, but he keeps describing NFP tendencies and then distancing himself from them.

No, really, you read it wrong. He was giving ENFPs as examples. What he's referring to is something that both ENFP and ESFPs sometimes do when they're crossed. INFPs don't quite react the same way, which is why the negative perception of them is just that they're more whiny or emo because they don't have the Ne/Te pushing the emo out forcefully.

Fi cradled by Ne and Te = Fi between Ne and Te.